Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cleaned out the garage today! Tons of 996 stuff for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999C2Cab
On top of this, i've got parts out that are not paid for! This is fraud going the other direction.
I am still waiting for my fraud to be completed
Old 10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
dimnslow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my goodness... they are a bit slow aren't they? Joe can be in Mexico by now.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
quest76
Track Day

Just an update. I heard from Joe when everyone else did, but to date nada Has anyone recieved a refund or what they bought?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Nope, I have not been able to commit fraud on Joe because he has never sent me any parts If he does or I do I will let everyone know.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:03 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been busy this week and Detective Allen and I have been playing phone Tag. I just left him another message. I called Joe because he asked that I return his call last Saturday. I called his number and found his VM box was full. My Paypal claim has not been responded to by Joe so it has been closed as a claim. I am hoping they were able to freeze his funds. I will know the outcome after they have researched the claim. I will continue to press charges. I am also calling the Police officer that initially contacted me to pay him a visit. I have recovered additional information on Joe that I will be sharing with both the Detective and the PO.

I will keep you guys updated. I will not stop until this guy is taken care of.

Eric
Old 10-22-2006, 12:50 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Bump - any updates?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
quest76
Track Day

As an update PayPal ruled in my favor, but Joe has already cleaned out his account. We will see how things go with MasterCard, but I don’t have a lot of faith in them. Should have used my Amex : (

At any rate, the way it stands things are progressing to criminal charges being filed.

If you have been taken by Joe and want to have any chance whatsoever or recouping anything or at least seeing him prosecuted for his actions you need to get involved.

Use the reference number further up and file a complaint. It only takes a few minutes. Even if you can’t go to Chicago for court, others will be there and it lends additional evidence. It is very important you do this if you want to be heard and want this resolved. I know he has taken more people than have filed so please step up and let's all help each other.

Please post here after you have filed.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Quest shoot me an email with your contact info:

I have spoken to the detective that is handling my claim. I am collecting all of the evidence that I have Paypal, links, etc. He said the more people that have filed a claim the stronger the case will be. They will also be subpoenaing documents from Paypal, Rennlist, etc. If you have a Chicago PD Claim number (HM #) please PM me with that number and your contact info. They are going to consolidate the information since there are probably multiple detectives working on this case. So please step forward and contact me if you have been taken by Joe.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:05 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't it be f*cked up if it was Joe pretending to be a detective handling the case? Do we know whether this detective is legit? Just checking -- I wouldn't put it past Joe the con man.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
quest76
Track Day

Will do as soon as I get a chance.
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Quest shoot me an email with your contact info:

I have spoken to the detective that is handling my claim. I am collecting all of the evidence that I have Paypal, links, etc. He said the more people that have filed a claim the stronger the case will be. They will also be subpoenaing documents from Paypal, Rennlist, etc. If you have a Chicago PD Claim number (HM #) please PM me with that number and your contact info. They are going to consolidate the information since there are probably multiple detectives working on this case. So please step forward and contact me if you have been taken by Joe.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
quest76
Track Day

Unlikely as you have to call the police station directly to file your complaint.
Originally Posted by programmatore
Wouldn't it be f*cked up if it was Joe pretending to be a detective handling the case? Do we know whether this detective is legit? Just checking -- I wouldn't put it past Joe the con man.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:12 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

The detective I have been working with was assigned to the claim I submitted by calling into the Chicago PD direct number. I have received two documents from Detective Allen, Chicago PD envelope and letterhead. When I call the PD main number they transfer me to his desk. The Chicago PD officer that has been helping with this case (Turbobuick forum) has been in contact with the detective. Long and short this guy is going to get nailed. I may never see my money but the more people that step forward the stronger the case. It might mean the difference from a misdemeanor and a Felony. Right now over $300 is a felony. But the DA likes to see crimes in the thousands to prosecute a felony charge.

I have a feeling he will be in cuffs by the end of the week.

Joe if your watching this thread you better step up and start refunding people their money. This is not going away.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:16 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great, Sandoval. Yeah, I wasn't sure if the detective contacted you directly (might be Joe impersonating an officer) or whether you contacted him via the Police Department. Sounds like the detective in this case is indeed real.

I hope they put this guy away. I mean, the first time he did it could be excused as a stupid juvenile screwup but for him to do it again is really criminal. I hope he gets charged with a felony and be required to pay restitution.

Good luck guys!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Question Since I stopped payment early do I have anything to file a claim about? I certainly will if it will help you guys but I have not lost any money in this deal...yet?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:26 PM
quest76
Track Day

Did paypal refund you?

Originally Posted by Steven C.
Question Since I stopped payment early do I have anything to file a claim about? I certainly will if it will help you guys but I have not lost any money in this deal...yet?

Quick Reply: Cleaned out the garage today! Tons of 996 stuff for sale!