Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cleaned out the garage today! Tons of 996 stuff for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:42 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

So..........what's going on with this? Any new updates???
Old 12-22-2006, 10:58 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-22-2006, 11:06 AM
rroobbcc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
So..........what's going on with this? Any new updates???
Dangit Dell!!! I saw this pop to the top of the forum and thought we were getting an update (I was about to throw the in the microwave and everything), and it was just you asking for an update.

I guess we are all very curious as to how this will unfold. I am sure this thread will be long remembered on Rennlist, and hopefully serve as a warning to all the crooks out there that - WE WILL COME AFTER YOUR ***!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Sorry guys. Inquiring minds want to know
Old 12-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Holy Cow! Looks like I missed out on this one.... I read the thread when it started and had no interest and wondered why it kept appearing as active. Wow! I'm in shock. I'm so sorry for the guys that got taken on this... what a scumbag.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:39 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

BUMP! Is this JERK in jail yet? Anyone have any updates?????
Old 01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Warrant out for his arrest according to Sandoval.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I thought he was in custody, what happened?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
dimnslow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wellardmac... Nice ride. I want my white 996 to look like urs someday. I think all I'm missin' is the GT3 bodykit
Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dimnslow
Hey Wellardmac... Nice ride. I want my white 996 to look like urs someday. I think all I'm missin' is the GT3 bodykit

Come on then, post photos of your car.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bringing this thread back to life... Joe finally got caught red Handed. He took his scamming to the big leagues!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/par...ml#post1629356
Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 AM
LTCMontana
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 462 Likes on 237 Posts

From the CHEVELLE TECH Board:
Re: THE Joe Cipolla - BUSTED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by benwalburg
Okay guys man do I have an update for you, back in early june my dad was selling his 2006 z-51 blue convert. corvette c6 for 48k on autotrader, out of Grand Haven Michigan (West Michigan) Joe contacted him, expressed interest, came up with 1 other man and a female and test drove car, My father took all percautions he could think of including copying all drivers licenses, titles, checks etc. A female even called his phone pretending to be his bank confirming funds transfer which was very professional for the money being exchanged.
It was on a saturday, on monday he went to cash the check to find out its 100% fake, called the police, they were shocked, all checks, all license, everything although 100% real looking (holograms/watermarkings/everything) but all information was fake. Also that very same day in South Haven michigan another black 06 corvette was stolen by the same description of people, including same methods of forgery. Well my dad is friends with the head county sherrif, like its his brother actually, so we had the head michigan and fbi troopers at our house by 5pm monday. 5pm Friday they had my dad's corvette tracked down in Det. dealer bought it off Craigslist and it was lsited on there before they even went to see my dad's corvette to steal it!. They found the black one half stripped I guess in Michigan City IN.
Joe Cipolla is being charged in my local county court on 3 counts of identiy fraud and theft, 2 counts of felony check fraud, 3 counts of Grand Theft auto and sitting without bond currenntly in Jail in IN to the best of my knowledge. My dad got the court notice for his first prim. hearing in Grand Haven Michigan on August 9th anyone in the area interested call my cell
616-502-8479 for more information...
hope the guy gets fried beyond belief and they find out about all the old problems steming from flipping 6 years prior with this MOTHER****
Old 08-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Great news Eric!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Nice to see that he is finally going to to prison to get his "salad tossed"

He's really going to see what it means to be somebody's bitch
Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's interesting, is the story actually true? If it is couldn't he just cop a plea and flip on the fake ID folks. He may not get much jail time if any.
Originally Posted by 968iniraq
From the CHEVELLE TECH Board:
Re: THE Joe Cipolla - BUSTED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by benwalburg
Okay guys man do I have an update for you, back in early june my dad was selling his 2006 z-51 blue convert. corvette c6 for 48k on autotrader, out of Grand Haven Michigan (West Michigan) Joe contacted him, expressed interest, came up with 1 other man and a female and test drove car, My father took all percautions he could think of including copying all drivers licenses, titles, checks etc. A female even called his phone pretending to be his bank confirming funds transfer which was very professional for the money being exchanged.
It was on a saturday, on monday he went to cash the check to find out its 100% fake, called the police, they were shocked, all checks, all license, everything although 100% real looking (holograms/watermarkings/everything) but all information was fake. Also that very same day in South Haven michigan another black 06 corvette was stolen by the same description of people, including same methods of forgery. Well my dad is friends with the head county sherrif, like its his brother actually, so we had the head michigan and fbi troopers at our house by 5pm monday. 5pm Friday they had my dad's corvette tracked down in Det. dealer bought it off Craigslist and it was lsited on there before they even went to see my dad's corvette to steal it!. They found the black one half stripped I guess in Michigan City IN.
Joe Cipolla is being charged in my local county court on 3 counts of identiy fraud and theft, 2 counts of felony check fraud, 3 counts of Grand Theft auto and sitting without bond currenntly in Jail in IN to the best of my knowledge. My dad got the court notice for his first prim. hearing in Grand Haven Michigan on August 9th anyone in the area interested call my cell
616-502-8479 for more information...
hope the guy gets fried beyond belief and they find out about all the old problems steming from flipping 6 years prior with this MOTHER****

Quick Reply: Cleaned out the garage today! Tons of 996 stuff for sale!