996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Off Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 08:11 PM
GarrettSR5
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 387 Posts

We had a fall Nor'easter here, winds hit 100mph in places. Most of my area is without power. 100% in my town
Old 10-27-2021, 08:52 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 798 Likes on 510 Posts

Those are sweet but I have some new caps already.

Originally Posted by SoCal911t
There are plenty available...
Old 10-27-2021, 09:35 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,519 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Syncro
Yes, exactly! Onto 15 South.
lol, I use that onramp once a week for work and when I saw your location, I thought it might be the one.

Originally Posted by wildbilly32
Those are sweet but I have some new caps already.
Your cap is cooler.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:20 AM
nrp3
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by GarrettSR5
We had a fall Nor'easter here, winds hit 100mph in places. Most of my area is without power. 100% in my town
My father inlaw called yesterday from Foxboro and he's out till Friday sometime. He finally decided it was time to get a whole house generator, getting tough to lug out the portable at his age. The generator I installed at housing in Bourne on the Cape is still running as far as I know. I'll have to log in and see. Windy further north but not as bad.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:59 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,511 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Its taking us over 6 months to get whole house gennys. I think they r stuck on a boat in the pacific?
Old 10-28-2021, 10:02 AM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Received 611 Likes on 337 Posts

I've got some material for the plant stuck on a boat out there. It's been delayed 3 times now, was due in August.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:23 AM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Its taking us over 6 months to get whole house gennys. I think they r stuck on a boat in the pacific?
Originally Posted by Billup
I've got some material for the plant stuck on a boat out there. It's been delayed 3 times now, was due in August.
Hope they weren't coming through BC:
More than 100 shipping containers fell from crippled cargo ship off B.C. coast | CTV News
Old 10-28-2021, 02:51 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by GarrettSR5
That's a real nice Eleanor pal
hey, lets get a trim bezel around that VW's radio !!
Old 10-28-2021, 03:04 PM
GarrettSR5
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
hey, lets get a trim bezel around that VW's radio !!
It's in the back seat.
I buy these OEM Navi units from junkyards and test them in my car and sell them for a few hundred bucks. I'd be removing the bezel every week !
Old 10-28-2021, 09:41 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Emefef
I was a chief instructor, taught and licensed new and experienced riders for over 30 years, then retired during COVID. I had just bought the cab and expected to spend my weekends at club events...most of which were cancelled.
Sometimes now I just put the roof down and drive around with my helmet on...

Thank you
After a tough day, that made me laugh!
Well done
Old 10-28-2021, 09:51 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Help ..... my 911 is a target! So sick of other vehicles trying to cut me off or tailgating. And I think I drive quite courteously. Seems like too often it is some macho man in a lifted peekup. This morning I'm in line to turn onto an on-ramp, and I slam on the brakes because some peekup suddenly jumps in front of me. Then it's a 2 lane on ramp that merges into one lane to join the freeway, and out of nowhere on my right some other peekup suddenly cuts me off after the lanes have merged. Oh great move, you just gained 1 second on me. Then while on the freeway I turn on my left blinker to pass him and start moving over, and he suddenly cuts in front of me to block me. Ouch, what a world, what world. Some of this behavior happens all the time. Think I need some missile launchers under the headlights.

Are people still jealous or hateful of Porsche drivers? I thought that meme died off in the '90s. Most peekups I see cost more than my car, so what is the big deal.
7 years of ownership
It is a fact, people tailgate 911s
Just about a daily occurrence.

I will say, that I do drive slower on the street since doing some HPDEs*

* most of the time
Old 10-29-2021, 03:05 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 4,052 Likes on 2,300 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
7 years of ownership

* most of the time

So true!
The following users liked this post:
NYoutftr (11-01-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 06:26 AM
nrp3
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
The last two I ordered, one showing April and the other July. I'm buying back the Kohler that's been taking up space in my garage for the last two years from my buddy who hasn't got the time to install it at his place.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:58 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 798 Likes on 510 Posts

Around here I experience the same thing regardless of which toy car I am driving. It's not always trucks. Could be soccer Moms in vans or SUVs. Kids in what they think is a hot car. Seems like everybody wants to race or cut you off. People are just driving like a male body part these days. As above most times, not always, I just drive normal and keep my eyes open...wide.
Help ..... my 911 is a target! So sick of other vehicles trying to cut me off or tailgating. And I think I drive quite courteously. Seems like too often it is some macho man in a lifted peekup. This morning I'm in line to turn onto an on-ramp, and I slam on the brakes because some peekup suddenly jumps in front of me. Then it's a 2 lane on ramp that merges into one lane to join the freeway, and out of nowhere on my right some other peekup suddenly cuts me off after the lanes have merged. Oh great move, you just gained 1 second on me. Then while on the freeway I turn on my left blinker to pass him and start moving over, and he suddenly cuts in front of me to block me. Ouch, what a world, what world. Some of this behavior happens all the time. Think I need some missile launchers under the headlights.

Are people still jealous or hateful of Porsche drivers? I thought that meme died off in the '90s. Most peekups I see cost more than my car, so what is the big deal.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:25 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
7 years of ownership

* most of the time
Originally Posted by GC996
So true!
Originally Posted by wildbilly32
Around here I experience the same thing regardless of which toy car I am driving. It's not always trucks. Could be soccer Moms in vans or SUVs. Kids in what they think is a hot car. Seems like everybody wants to race or cut you off. People are just driving like a male body part these days. As above most times, not always, I just drive normal and keep my eyes open...wide.

In my 7 years of Porsche ownership, without a doubt the brand brings out the worst in other drivers especially on the expressway. It's seems like a comic battle of good vs. evil, poor vs. rich, US vs. Germany, or something.

Guess it gives some people a feather in their hats to "beat a Porsche" on their work commute.

Quick Reply: 996 Off Topic Thread