Sponsored by:

UAOS install/tips/tricks

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 12:48 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,536 Likes on 2,054 Posts

Originally Posted by pcolapacker
Congrats! That should stop the naysayers.
Originally Posted by az968gpw
That's great Skip! And such a simple mod to install, unless you include the AOS on a .2 Tip
Originally Posted by nrp3
I think the video is a great idea, but I’d like to see it on the site. Just easier to access on a phone.
Originally Posted by plpete84
Not sure that I have the time to do video now but I'll be planning to document my install with many photos when my UAOS arrives in coming weeks. It will be coupled with few other things, however.
Originally Posted by hatchetf15
Well, Skip, so much for “retirement”. Congrats! All your fine work and the product quality...superb. B3 busy? Tell him to shake a leg and get your video in the production line. You’re a player now, big boy.
Originally Posted by b3freak
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the nice comments. Skip is right. Because of the pandemic, my "normal job" has me super busy building course content. I work for an office of online learning.

We've been so busy this year, Jake has had to either record using someone else or attempts to do it solo. Many of his "flat 6 minute" videos have been shot with his iPhone.

I'm happy to discuss doing an UAOS instructional video, but I guess we'd need to team up with Jake to make it happen at his shop?

Again, thank you guys for the vote of confidence.
Originally Posted by JTT
Congrats Doc!
Originally Posted by jobyt
Congrats, Skip!! So cool to be able to watch the development of a product that has passed such a high bar!

Now about those clutch discs....
Originally Posted by TexSquirrel
Congrats Skip!
Quite an accomplishment!
Originally Posted by golock911
Fantastic news! It's not only great work, it's greater perseverance. Many times the biggest battle is showing the value of what you've created. Congratulations!

I saw the UAOS on the R40 engine in the video and asked if they would put on on the engine they are building for my car right now. It was already on their list of upgrades! A few extra dollars for labor, but it will save me the busted knuckles a year from now. With the new engine and this UAOS I'm looking forward to the next 20 years of trouble free stupid grinning!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Originally Posted by c210rg
This just proves it's an awesome product. I have been following this closely since the beginning, I will be doing this to mine in the near future. This way my engine really will be built-proof. Yay
Thank you all for the Congratulatory comments, it really means a lot to me.You don't know how much. The last 15 months have been tough but also fun for me, and the work is probably just beginning, and yes hatchetf15, I enjoyed the retirement while it lasted...I thought of the things I wanted to say in response ,and it seems endless at the amount and would go on for pages, but as I was thinking of the things to say, words just couldn't convey the feelings, and I didn't want to bore anyone with all that , I just want to say THANKS !!!!

Last edited by Porschetech3; 03-06-2021 at 08:50 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
996fried (03-08-2021), c210rg (03-08-2021), details (03-15-2021), george_west (03-08-2021), JohnCA58 (03-06-2021), nrp3 (03-06-2021), TexSquirrel (03-08-2021), wyovino (03-06-2021), yaz996 (03-06-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-08-2021, 11:59 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Looking for someone to clean up this image and maybe enhance it a bit for visual graphics. Thinking of a black and white version, with the end goal I want is a clear vinyl sticker with a Hologram effect so that the whole image can be seen at a particular angle, then at other angles either the Silhouette, the Wrench, or UAOS can shows up separately as sort of a "Ghosting Hologram". Hoping someone here has experience with this sort of stuff, opinions also welcome.

The following users liked this post:
TexSquirrel (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 12:58 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,408 Likes on 1,276 Posts

I bet all your friends and co-workers thought you were going to relax and sip Mai Tais on the beach somewhere.
Instead you've created a new product that is so popular it's keeping you busy enough that you need to put someone else to work.
That's just AWESOME!

Old 03-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

I bet all your friends and co-workers thought you were going to relax and sip Mai Tais on the beach somewhere.
Instead you've created a new product that is so popular it's keeping you busy enough that you need to put someone else to work.
That's just AWESOME!
I still feel semi-retired ( hope that lasts) and have put two someone elses to work..lol I get my share of Mai Tais just not on the beach...I just have more time to be creative by not having to keep everyone's cars on the road and maintenance caught up..There will always be plenty of work in the Auto Repair Industry simply because it is more fun to drive them than to fix/maintain them....

But I plan to do more driving and creative things, and in a semi-retired management capacity, than all the "grunt work" when you're just earning a living and supporting a family...( all my kids are grown). My oldest just turned 40, is a family man with a good job at the County, and just Won his second SECCA race of the season. Two in a row, he is on a winning streak !!

A WIN at Bonita Lakes Meridian MS. Two in a row !!

UAOS Black/silver
TexSquirrel (03-08-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

A little more "Carrera Look" and a little less "Turbo Look"... OK I got no more time to mess with this,(nobody into this stuff?) ...

I gotta go crack the whip....I got UAOS orders to pump out !!!

plpete84 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 01:24 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

i'll give it a shot tomorrow (have a bit of work stacked up)
Old 03-09-2021, 02:19 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jyoteen
i'll give it a shot tomorrow (have a bit of work stacked up)
Thanks man, I had these 16G USB drives made with UAOS Logo, they were extremely fast (just ordered friday) and high quality, but I think the Logo can be a lot better.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:15 PM
pcolapacker
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

So it looks like Porschetech3's discretionary income is going to go up. I've got a money making idea. Question: what is the most common advice to someone's post about just about any engine problem except leaking oil or coolant? Once someone posts the correct answer, I'll share my idea. If you haven't guessed yet, this is tongue-in-cheek. If it was a real idea I wouldn't tell you.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:25 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,408 Likes on 1,276 Posts

So it looks like Porschetech3's discretionary income is going to go up. I've got a money making idea. Question: what is the most common advice to someone's post about just about any engine problem except leaking oil or coolant? Once someone posts the correct answer, I'll share my idea. If you haven't guessed yet, this is tongue-in-cheek. If it was a real idea I wouldn't tell you.
Probably, did you do a search for it, what's the code, or RTFM.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:28 PM
pcolapacker
Instructor

Probably, did you do a search for it, what's the code, or RTFM.
Should have been more precise, what is the most common advice on something to replace?
Old 03-12-2021, 07:16 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 253 Posts

Should have been more precise, what is the most common advice on something to replace?
IMSB, injectors, every suspension component, every bolt ever touched by a wrench....
Old 03-12-2021, 08:47 PM
pcolapacker
Instructor

I see all the time "I just replaced all my coil packs" or "replace your coil packs". Later posts and the problem is still there. I had a E320 that had twelve coil packs. Bought at 100k miles with what I assume were original coil packs. Sold with 250k miles and had replaced one coil pack. I'm guessing there are thousands of perfectly good coil packs in landfills throughout the country.
So my idea is I'll buy your discarded coil packs for $5 a pop and pay for shipping. I'll test them and sell them with a life time guarantee for half of the price of new. This idea sounds more reasonable as I type. Send me a bucket of car care products and the idea is yours.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:13 PM
nrp3
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

Part of my reasoning for changing them all was establishing my own baseline. These were the original 996 type. Limited service records and I’d like to know where I’m at. Was there a giant leap in performance, no, but I know where I’m at with maintenance items. Are tons of likely still good parts tossed in the landfill, likely, but I’d rather know where I’m at.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:17 PM
jdbornem
Pro

Received 490 Likes on 251 Posts

I'll buy your discarded coil packs for $5 a pop and pay for shipping. I'll test them and sell them with a life time guarantee for half of the price of new.
Maybe some would bite, but it's like saving money with SuperTech oil, unmarked IMS bearings off of Ebay, and cheap tires.
It's penny wise and pound foolish.

BTW, I actually looked this up the fun of it, and for a C2 there are 205/50R17 SuperMax tires for $48.87 per tire at Walmart; would have to go Achilles ATR Sport 255/40R17 at $73.99 each for the rear, but whatever, we're saving money here! A set of FOUR tires for $245!!]

Porschetech3 (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 10:31 PM
pcolapacker
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdbornem
You're right I went off topic. Was meant to be tongue and cheek. Let's get back to discussing the wonderful UAOS. I just ordered mine.

Quick Reply: UAOS install/tips/tricks