Sponsored by:

Bumperette removal.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Seamless
I think we owe the respect of having these parts named after you. Similar for LPMM, Fisters, Walrods, etc.

How about "Gmorats" or "Gmorat Plugs"?

I will be buying a set.
The G Spot
Old 03-18-2016, 03:59 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
The G Spot
Luckily, my middle name is 'Bumperette Delete 993'. True story.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:16 AM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by xgjghj
So the intent is to use these 'filler' pieces with the longer, European lenses?
As shown in the photographs and stated numerous times throughout this thread as well as another thread gauging actual interest in a small run of these, the intention is that you...

1. Buy a set of these.
2. Buy a set of European side lights.
3. Modify these slightly to fit your car, whether it's building up slightly with Bondo or sanding down slightly.
4. Prime,paint and clearcoat.

No two cars are the same, as proven with a test fitting on another 993 yesterday, but these pieces will get most people to within 90% of the way.

If you are looking for a 100% plug and play solution, there is nothing here for you.

Looking for a Saturday project? This is for you.

I have no doubt that anybody with even minimal experience will be able to finish these off so that they are unobtrusive and missed by 99.9% of people looking at your car.

As things stand at the moment, it looks like I will be requesting upwards of 80 sets to be manufactured. The cost will be over $100 but probably under $130. It all depends really, I have sent off for a new batch of test prints with modifications based on yesterdays test fitting. If these aren't the last tests I will be pretty bummed out as one or two pieces at a time on high end industrial quality printers are EXPENSIVE!

Originally, I was getting friends to print them on home machines, but the variance between different prints destroyed any meaningful insights into the pieces.

Thats where we are. Not as close as I would have liked to being finished but not so far that I am discouraged enough to stop

G

P.S If you are interested in a set then fill out the poll on this thread.....

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...erts-poll.html

I can only plan with the data I have. Getting an email or reply to that thread saying"I'm in!" does me no good if you don't click the corresponding option on the attached poll.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Bumperette removal.