Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 Carrera S Widebody For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:01 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Interesting that a few nice 993s have surfaced. 177mph just sold a beauty, well maintained 993 for fair money. And now this one.

Hard to judge the real value as condition drives price. Nice to see some great cars coming to the Rennlist market.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:19 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by certz
Correct. The only guy that would complain about you raising your price to fair market value is the guy that thought he was about to win the lottery. It seems you are in a hurry, but take a little time to put a fair price on the car that does not screw you or the buyer. If those are real Speedline Supercups, that is an adder (take a picture of one of the wheels, we are looking for a script on the lip that says something like "Speedline for Porsche" (I know I got that wrong but there should be a script). If it has hardback sport seats, that is an adder (again, take a picture of the back of the seats). When you go up to get the VIN, take a picture of the option code sticker - it is located under the front hood.
They do not look like Speedlines, probably Fikses. Speedlines do say "Speedline for Porsche" on the outer rim.

Sorry, I meant Kinesis not Fikse as per post below!

Last edited by RS man; 12-29-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by RS man
They do not look like Speedlines, probably Fikses. Speedlines do say "Speedline for Porsche" on the outer rim.
to my "limited" knowledge, only three wheels look like that

orig Speedline's

Kenesis Supercup's

Tramont Cup's

Of the three, the Kenesis used a smaller 17" center..."theoretically" the Tramont's are an exact replica of the Speedlines...albiet now with different hardware I am told.

Anyway, to the OP, Speedlines should be obvious, as they will have the aforementioned "Speedline for Porsche" etched in the outer barrels-of course I know of at least one refinisher that will provide the etching on other wheels, per customers request. That being said, post up a close up pic, wheel and hardware(bolt heads holding the pieces together), and a resident expert will ID them for you.

Be sure to get the wheel dimensions, width, offset if stamped, and any additional markings on the inside rim...check for any spacers currently on the car also.

That option sticker will be all important, see what orig wheels came on the car...and if your Dad still has them. A 100% orig, one owner, 2S is even more rare.

Take your time, research, ask questions here...many are always willing to help, and price the car honestly. This forum is all about community, and we like nothing more than seeing a beautiful example of our favorite Pcar, end up in another rennlisters care. Best of luck
Old 12-29-2013, 04:41 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I meant Kinesis......
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Car fax is done. Ill post it when I get home. Im nearly sure the supercups are 18". In addition im fairly certain the turbo twist are in one of my garages. I will try to go by on the way home or first thing in the morning.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

they do look like 17" kinesis supercups to me also. Aside from the center looking a bit small - MOST of the 17" centers don't allow the use of bigger calipers. A small number do because the centers have thicker tabs that mount to the hub and it pushes the center away from the hub enough to provide clearance. I can't tell from the pic but those may be the fatter centers.
Good luck with sale - will be interested to see what price a individual sale gets on these lower mileage cars - I think many of us think the prices are higher than reality based on some very high asking prices at specialty shops, but would love to be proven wrong.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

A buyer with good moral character here on Rennlist will want to give you a price that is both fair and reasonable to BOTH of you.

That price is far higher than $45K if the car is as described
Old 12-30-2013, 07:18 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

those are not speedlines...

my $.02
beautiful car... I think that the difference between 45-65k+ comes down to important condition specifics... I agree that at first blush the 45k feels low, but it would definitely depend on particulars...repaint, interior, records/owners/repairs, etc. If perfect, the 45k is way low, by 15k, maybe even 20k+. But if not, still great car, but the 45 may not be as wildly off as some imply...

have been out of the 993 game for a bit, but do try to follow the market closely...

love how the RL community looks out for one another...awesome...
Old 12-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Just when my faith in humanity seems to have been dashed, the responses ive gotten have my hopes renewed. I really appreciate why ive been with rennlist as long as I have now. Like I said, I don't wanna give it away, I don't wanna rob anyone and I don't want to misrepresent what I have. In the end. Not a nickel is mine. What ever assets he has goes into a fund to keep him up.

I didn't make it by to look at the wheels but here is the car fax. It seems the OD stopped in 2011. However, based on the history id say 50k-52k miles should be right on point. If that. Local Porsche guru did most of the service, and I know him. But records might be hard to get if they exist knowing pops. I know its mob 1 synth from day one, and whats in it looks brand new.

And just as soon as I can figure out how the hell to upload a PDF to rennlist Ill have a car fax for review.

Last edited by Fixn2xlr8; 12-30-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

TMU

True mileage unknown.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
TMU

True mileage unknown.
that might be a little strong of a statement IMHO...considering his father has had health problems for a couple years...I gather, the mechanic who maintained the car should have a very strong handle on what additional mileage the car has over the odo reading. I'd be kinda surprised if the car was driven much at all. Hopefully some maintenance records will narrow down the actual mileage.

Considering it's still a one owner car, a 3-5K mile discrepency shouldn't hurt the overall value too much. That 47-51K mileage range boo boo might mean nothing...since condition is king.

Best of luck, don't forget the pics of the build sticker.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:22 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm sent.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
TMU

True mileage unknown.
Totally agree. This is a concern. Interesting how this is such a "non issue" for so many in the peanut gallery. If you were shelling out the $$$ to buy the car, would it still not be a big deal?

Great looking car and well priced at its initial offering. Good luck with sale.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K964
Totally agree. This is a concern. Interesting how this is such a "non issue" for so many in the peanut gallery. If you were shelling out the $$$ to buy the car, would it still not be a big deal?

Great looking car and well priced at its initial offering. Good luck with sale.
What he said !!!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 915 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by six gun
What he said !!!
Yep, if this was an ebay car the peanut gallery would be totally on the other side if the fence. How people can price a car without knowing the condition, maintenance history or facts about the car is astounding to me. Hopefully, it works out for all involved.

Quick Reply: 1997 Carrera S Widebody For Sale