Sponsored by:

1997 Carrera S Widebody For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Todynot
The car's worth over $60k if it checks out...easy.

As far as read this thread,the seller has acted perfectly and those complaining need to chill. It's been three freaking days since he posted and there's a holiday baked in there. Geez.
Is this based on actual selling prices or asking prices?
With the speedo out and lack of serivce records it will not be the highest priced C2S in the market. The miles are low but not garage queen low.

As is with no PPI etc is a 55k car. Maybe 60k to the right buyer.

Service records and correct mileage 60k-$65k.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Todynot
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1

Is this based on actual selling prices or asking prices?
With the speedo out and lack of serivce records it will not be the highest priced C2S in the market. The miles are low but not garage queen low.

As is with no PPI etc is a 55k car. Maybe 60k to the right buyer.

Service records and correct mileage 60k-$65k.
I have an acquaintance that recently paid close to $70k for a similar car. And we all see what the asking prices are for these car nowadays.

Agree paperwork/records are nice, but not everything. Being a one owner can be as attractive.

Overall, I think your assessments on price are pretty good.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:24 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps the OP did not mean to say he should have put it on eBay because more people would see and bid but what he meant was that if he was going to **** of a few RL members, it would have been better to put on eBay, may be I understood incorrectly?
Old 01-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you opened up this tread with good intentions and selling your pop's car. It's created a lot of interest and opinions. The car is what it is, not pristine for sure, but certainly in demand. Why not have a PPI done from a reputable Porsche shop, post it and the price you want and then start with the first rennlister who PM'd you. I'm sure you will be getting phone calls from flippers all over the country. Set your price and sell the car, you know how it works...1st rennlister and down the list.
Happy New Year. Mike
Old 01-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

I think the seller was anxious to get word of the car out there...since he isn't a 993 guy, he had no idea how hot the market is at the moment. IMHO, it was a gracious gesture to thow it into this 993 community here, as he is a frequent contributor to other forum's here on rl.

That being said, this poor guy has ALOT on his plate at the moment. Dealing with his father's health, probably business and other personal assets...God only knows how much legal crap is included...Health care proxy, Power of Attorney, executor, etc, etc, etc. That and his own business/work, family, and holidays, guy's got alot going on.

The op could have said nothing about the odo not working, and simply had it fixed. We all realize how common that problem is with these cars. Kudo's for his open and honest approach on selling the car. Hopefully, maintenance records will fill in the timeframe since the odo gear broke, feedback from the mechanic who cared for the car would be helpful also.

Anyway;
-essentially one owner C2S
-approx 50K miles
-desirable color combo
-nicely optioned...with HB Sport seats
-two wheelsets

We've all seen this quality of a car advertised with the big hitters for huge money. Whoever ends up with this, will get a good car, and know that the money for it will go to care for the health of the gentleman who first bought it. That right there outta make you feel good about it.

Best of luck to the seller, and future buyer.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Pezely
I believe you opened up this tread with good intentions and selling your pop's car. It's created a lot of interest and opinions. The car is what it is, not pristine for sure, but certainly in demand. Why not have a PPI done from a reputable Porsche shop, post it and the price you want and then start with the first rennlister who PM'd you. I'm sure you will be getting phone calls from flippers all over the country. Set your price and sell the car, you know how it works...1st rennlister and down the list.
Happy New Year. Mike
+++++1
We'll said!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

OP/seller should feel zero remorse or guilt about raising his price and potentially pissing off buyers that contacted him initially about the car. Given his family's circumstances, it is understandable for him to try and get top dollar for the car. Price it high and see who comes in closest to the mark. This is not a normal sale, but practically a fundraiser for a worthy cause. Get as much as possible and feel good about raising some money for your father's care. Best of luck with everything.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
OP/seller should feel zero remorse or guilt about raising his price and potentially pissing off buyers that contacted him initially about the car. Given his family's circumstances, it is understandable for him to try and get top dollar for the car. Price it high and see who comes in closest to the mark. This is not a normal sale, but practically a fundraiser for a worthy cause. Get as much as possible and feel good about raising some money for your father's care. Best of luck with everything.
Thanks, Im doing what I can do. Id go PM by PM by the first 20 PMs were offers of 50K or less. Folks said its worth more, so that's where its priced. I ran a car fax and posted more pics as requested.

My unique situation is that I simply just done have the TIME to invest in every blessed detail to get every penny out of this car. I have 3 other cars a boat and 30 houses to do **** with at this point. In addition, he worked for me. So I have his entire client load plus my own, and the company to run.

Im not a salaried stiff sitting at home on a holiday with all day long to peck on a laptop about a car or why someone didn't return a PM in 5 mins flat.

It goes by the end of the week or Im paying some kid to put it on ebay, or taking it to the dealer in Greensboro.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
Is that an fj60 or fj62 in the background with the roofrack? Is that yours or pops? And if it is your pops is that for sale?
Looks like a Jeep Cherokee.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I sent my offer. Let's see how it all unfolds from here.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by crw
I have sold quite a few cars in the past;

Everyone is a buyer and wants the car, until it comes time to pay:

"have to ask the wife"

"waiting for my car loan"

"need to sell my other car"

A word of advice - the 1st guy that comes to the table with real $, is worth a lot more than hoping for a few extra dollars from all of the pretenders
This nails it in the head.

Right here, right now is different that what it could/should/might be worth in the spring/summer with/without any issues sorted.

I enjoy this place immensely and have learned much over the years from the community. One thing I've learned is that if I were to sell a car, it wouldn't be here. Same reason I keep my oldest dog away from small kids, it can bite.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM
ericthepilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some advice from a previous C2S owner and Rennlister that sold his C2S last year.
All these guys posting, know it, all, better and are more opinionated then the FOX News Channel, or MSNBC if you go the other way.
I learned, that you set your target price, and wait.
One guy will come by and pay up.
All these wise guys with their postings can put it ........

So if you're not in a hurry, pick a number and keep laughing at whatever comes along.
In the mean time, enjoy the advice, however good, bad and etc. comes along.
PPI it and don't lower the price. One will pay up, trust me.

I wish you well for 2014.
And all Rennlisters as well, off course.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:33 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixn2xlr8
Thanks, Im doing what I can do. Id go PM by PM by the first 20 PMs were offers of 50K or less. Folks said its worth more, so that's where its priced. I ran a car fax and posted more pics as requested.

My unique situation is that I simply just done have the TIME to invest in every blessed detail to get every penny out of this car. I have 3 other cars a boat and 30 houses to do **** with at this point. In addition, he worked for me. So I have his entire client load plus my own, and the company to run.

Im not a salaried stiff sitting at home on a holiday with all day long to peck on a laptop about a car or why someone didn't return a PM in 5 mins flat.

It goes by the end of the week or Im paying some kid to put it on ebay, or taking it to the dealer in Greensboro.
I think a quick sale, individual to individual, at 60K is unlikely. I know everyone means well but all the advice and opinions suggesting what this is worth is just opinion - when you are buying it then tell us its worth 60K+. And keep in mind this guy has limited time and energy to spend on the transaction - and truthfully, many of us are PIA buyers when paying collector money for a car.
Hopefully if someone wants it they will PM you directly with a reasonable offer for a fast efficient sale.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts

^^ Well said, don't mean to offend anyone here but this is the last place I would sell my 993. I would assume the pool of interested buyers will drop to a mere few if none based on your new realistic asking price vs the giveaway price you first posted.

GLWS with sale!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I sent my offer. Let's see how it all unfolds from here.
PM sent

Quick Reply: 1997 Carrera S Widebody For Sale