Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 Carrera S Widebody For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 593 Posts

[I enjoy this place immensely and have learned much over the years from the community. One thing I've learned is that if I were to sell a car, it wouldn't be here. Same reason I keep my oldest dog away from small kids, it can bite.[/QUOTE]

Tim, if you were selling your car you would have done your homework on the market and set a realistic price, posted a detailed description and pics, and provided service records or fixed any outstanding issues so a prospective buyer would feel comfortable moving on the car quickly. It is ludicrous to think that someone would pay top dollar for a car based on what has been posted here. I also doubt you would insult the majority of buyers here who are "salaried stiffs".

I chuckle every time I see one of these posts with all of the different points of view and thoughts on value. Seriously, how many here would offer $60K for this car based on what has been posted - I'm asking the real buyers with money not the keyboard millionaires?

People are offering $50K because they are factoring in something to compensate for taking a risk that the car may not be as perfect as it should be for $60K. And for the record, I have not made an offer on this car nor contacted the seller.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 474 Posts

^^^^^Onami, that's kind of my point.

What I've found here (RL) is that the only for sale ad that seems to satisfy people is a car that sells fast and cheap. Personally, I like the Pelican forum for ads. Closed to commentary and up to the buyer to research. It's not difficult to find info on cars these days. Obviously, buyer beware.

Understanding the market these days is also extremely important and not getting any easier. These cars are now 16-20 years old and the factors involved in the valuation of any 993 go far beyond mileage. Truly " no story" cars are like unicorn poop IMHO. They are old cars and old cars have stories to tell. I love seeing ads where people advertise as "perfect" and "no paintwork" and see average mileage........just doesn't happen.

To the OP, pretty sure you're now well aware, or at least have a better grasp of the value of your father's car. Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

I hear you Tim....and as a point of reference, there was a one owner, '98 C2S with 26,000 miles posted on the PCA site today with RUF wheels for $60,000. It is silver/black also
Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Looks like a Jeep Cherokee.
Yup. That my old *** Cherokee. Been hauling stuff from pops house with the trailer.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:27 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I enjoy this place immensely and have learned much over the years from the community. One thing I've learned is that if I were to sell a car, it wouldn't be here. Same reason I keep my oldest dog away from small kids, it can bite.
100% agree
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM
P993S4STT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm french, and I understand your problem. It´s the first Time I see that.
I'm sorry for your father.
So what is your preice ?
Thank you
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
I hear you Tim....and as a point of reference, there was a one owner, '98 C2S with 26,000 miles posted on the PCA site today with RUF wheels for $60,000. It is silver/black also
Now that sounds like it could be a good deal if it checks out. Are you in talks with the seller yet?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
P993S4STT
Track Day

In France, your car is sold for 51000 euros
Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

No, I made an offer on a car last week and the seller asked that I give him a month to get things in order before he made a decision on whether to accept or not. I agreed and don't want to go back on my word with him. On top of that, the Canadian dollar is very week right now and it will add another 5% to my cost to buy right now. Snow is on the ground, so I don't mind waiting
Old 01-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Its spoken for pending a deposit. I appreciate all the help though. Its why ive been a RL member as long as I have been. Havent personally owned a P car for years now. But im here and remain here for the people. Why I stick around is the wealth of knowledge from good honest folks. I just cant put into words how much I appreciate all the help.

PS. If you sign up and pay dues you can post in the FS forum
Old 01-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Arin
Intermediate

I just placed a deposit on another car. If your current person of intrest doesn't deliver please let me know, I have cash in hand and I'm ready to purchase pending on a PPI that I will pay for and arrange.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Onami
Onami;

That ad on the web site has pix of a silver coupe, but says it's a cab?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

If I was betting, I would guess that the owner is an older fellow and flubbed picking the description selections. I would go with the written description that he provided and that matches the pic.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

If this car were perfect, $60K would make sense.

I'd knock off a few thousand for the odometer, and a few thousand more for dangling the hook early at the OP's $45K price.

At around $55K, the seller gets a fast sale, and the buyer gets (hopefully) a nice 993 at a good price
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Arin
Intermediate

I've been a user of this site for a long time and a recent member. I don't post often, I like to just read and watch from the shadows, but this is an interesting topic.

Today I purchased a 993 C2S with 44k miles on it and GREAT service history but it didn't have anywhere near the options this one has, I paid $65k for mine after it passed a pretty intense PPI.

What I'm getting at is this...

People want 993 C2S's and 4S's, I have no idea why the owners of these cars get offended or close to getting offended when people ask for top dollar? His original asking price was ridiculous and we all know it, he posted it because he didn't have time to research the true value of these cars, can you blame him? He's got a boat load of things to deal with in life with his fathers health the way it is. There is a lot of talk about a community but it astounds me that the "community" would be bothered that this person would ask for more than what he originally stated after becoming aware of the market value of these cars. With all of that being said, let's all be real, no one knows the REAL value until a PPI!!!

It may not be a $60k car to some of you but I'll bet the farm that it's worth more than $45k.

I know that I personally couldn't get over knowing I don't have a real reading of what the mileage really is, but I'm willing to bet there's someone that could get over that really fast and at the price that the seller would be happy with.

Back in the shadows I go...

Quick Reply: 1997 Carrera S Widebody For Sale