Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Mid-Life Crisis?" was the 1st comment a date had when I picked her up in my 993 :o)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
The conclusion was that people return to their pre-event happiness level within 6-12 months.
I was back at my pre-event happiness level about 6-12 seconds after my ex drove away.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

You really didn't like that TT, Vic, did you?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

That is very true as well.

There was a fascinating study a few years ago that tracked people with some terrible event in their life (loss of a spouse or child, loss of limb, paralysis). The conclusion was that people return to their pre-event happiness level within 6-12 months. In other words, there is some predetermined happiness level in most adults that we carry with us though our lives, pretty much no matter what.
This is good to read. I'm mostly an extremely, happy, fun-loving person so there's hope. We're getting towards the end of our negotiating out the splitting of money and stuff and she wants her 07 Acura RL and said I can take my 2 cars. Yeahhh! Don't know if I'll eventually need to sell the 993 anyway due to the buy out of the house from her but for now I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

I had a great laugh today when I received this email from someone interested in meeting me. Here's her profile. Literally couldn't stop laughing for about 60 secs. I'm still smiling right now and chuckling 10 minutes later. You have to wonder about people out there...

THE TUNA: LOOKING FOR A GOOD MEN

City laurel Maryland
Sign Pisces
Height5' 11" (180 cm)
45 year old Woman
Ethnicity Asian with Black hair
Body Type Athletic
Religion Catholic

"i love sports a lot. and i like sushi.and oneday i love to open my own business.
i don't have kids but i don't mind someone has kids but not much kids.and please if you have lots of kids.don't bother to respond my profile.because i don't want to be a passenger when your kids around.don't get me wrong i love kids.i just don't like bratt kids.
i don't like drama to much.i love music but my favorate is soft rock.
i'm not being mean to anyone.just be honest about my self.if you are 250 pounds.
please don't respond .because i'm not interested on F-A-T men.i'm to small.
big men and tall. its okey just not F-A-T. if your F-A-T and rich please keep it to your self.
because i'm not interested.and one thing i ask you guys. read my message very carefull .i'm not interested to meet someone and ask me what i do for living.all i can tell you i pay my mortgage.
and i don't care about your money.meet me first before you can ask me anything."

i like to meet someone that interested and asian woman.and someday maybe a relationship
if we can get long in the future.less drama and most of all clean person.no long hair no big belly and most of all not Fat.and only interested dating younger than 50 years old.sorry but i'm just honest person.if you don't like my profile don't respond.and only interested dating white guy.sorry people."

Perfect match for me, right?

Why this very tall woman would want to meet me I have no freakin' idea! My friend who is 46 y.o. has a penchant for dating Filipino women and and has been corresponding via webcam with a 21 year old cutie who's already divorced! I met her yesterday, she came up here for 2 weeks to see if they're a match (on his dime) and they are "in love" they say. She mentioned there's so many women down there that would love to have an "older" man like me. They prefer older men as they are more reliable, don't play the field and want to settle down. My friend told her I have a beautiful Porsche and her eyes lit up and said I'd have no problem finding a lovely Filipino lady and they're great companions. Oy vey...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts
Default My Garage...

Dude. Funny story. Whoa! We have the same cars! 97 993 Silver over Chesnut Cab and 01 740i Sport Silver over Black. Nice combination.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390883...olet-2d/page-1

Last edited by Zeus993; 02-26-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Addition...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Dude. Funny story. Whoa! We have the same cars! 97 993 Silver over Chesnut Cab and 01 740i Sport Silver over Black. Nice combination.
Great first post, Zeus. I must say, you have EXCELLENT taste in cars, too! )
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Worse yet, they're probably one of CROME's daughters...
There is no way that guy procreated. At least, I hope...
Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You really didn't like that TT, Vic, did you?
Ha ... not the one with the TT ... she was smoking hot but crazy, didn't marry her!

Want her number? LOL
Old 02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Height5' 11" (180 cm)
45 year old Woman
Ethnicity Asian with Black hair
Body Type Athletic
Hmm - 5'11" tall asian woman? You don't see that very often - you may want to ask for a pic of her neck area to check for an adams apple - just saying...you'd want to ppi that one for sure...
Old 02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vjd3
Ha ... not the one with the TT ... she was smoking hot but crazy, didn't marry her!

Want her number? LOL
I'll trade you the lower engine cover and console cassette holder
Old 02-26-2011, 12:55 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Oy vey...
Indeed.

It can get pretty sad out there. Funny, but sad. But the process is fun if you view it this way. Just like any sale, if you are smart and can deal with rejection well you'll be successful at it. And by rejection I don't just mean someone rejecting you. I mean meeting Darwin's rejects an not scratching your head too much over it, just laughing and moving on.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by firesm
Hmm - 5'11" tall asian woman? You don't see that very often - you may want to ask for a pic of her neck area to check for an adams apple - just saying...you'd want to ppi that one for sure...
In this case , is PPI the abbreviation for "pre ***** inspection"?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Old 02-26-2011, 05:52 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I'd think it's Post, not Pre.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

"Mid-life crisis?" "No way! I'm dating you, aren't I?"

"Mid-life crisis?" "Wow, I guess you're right, in that case, you're too old, get the f** out."[/QUOTE]

that is H I L A R I O U S !!

I do find ,though, that the women that tend to call our cars "midlife crisis's" tend to be frumpy, insecure, minivan driving, bad haircut, "mom-jean" wearing, loudmouths who are jealous that a guy actually has the ***** to drive a car like a Porsche and not some schmo car like their dip**** beaten down husband drives.

Next time tell her that a man is "only as old as the women he FEELS"
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 247 Posts

Uh, no, I don't skate. Nor ski lately. I much prefer warmer activities while dating So do most Jewish women, rally (I know I'll be shot for telling secrets out loud).
lol...that was meant for Steve, ...ah...warmer activities, not much left for the imagination right., no camoflaging..eh..., what u see is what u get...

Quick Reply: "Mid-Life Crisis?" was the 1st comment a date had when I picked her up in my 993 :o)