Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Mid-Life Crisis?" was the 1st comment a date had when I picked her up in my 993 :o)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
I bet Ms Perfect above is beating them off with a stick. How did Mr T put it... 'I pity the man....'
What a douche.....
Why? I must be missing something.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
Don't be a sissy! I'm sure Donna wouldn't mind. Just ask her!

See you on Sunday
Umm, Ilko, that didn't sound right, trust me.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 NC 993
Isn't that singles ad just someone with a sense of humor, a joke? It can't be real, can it?
I've been married 34 years now and if that ad is real, , I think I'll go buy my wife a present.

The above ad was real. I found her on another site too (Match) and the ad was a bit different but a similar tone with lots of pics of her and her ponies and sculptures.

Here's one that came up as a "match" for me 2 months ago. This one seems like a real winner. It's too bad I'll never get to pick her up in my 993... The pics of this girl are actually cute! I sent her an email to tell her that her profile info made my day and that I sent it to all my friends and they had a great laugh about it too. She emailed me back to thank me (for what I'm not sure).

"I am single, had a brief fling with a guy who did nothing but lie to me and I hate myself for trusting him and giving him my heart, body and soul. I was head over heels for him. I am tired of falling for the wrong men who don't give a sh*t about me. He dumped me on facebook and other people knew I was dumped before I did by reading his profile. Classy huh. He also has a pic that I took of him on plenty of fish that he put up there while he was with me!At this point I am NOT looking for a relationship because the truth is I dont give a sh*t and I will never be made a fool of again. You are all lying jerks.

You say you want to settle down and "O I love u baby, I am here to stay" but then you are on the prowl for other woman and u treat your g/f like sh*tand humiliate her and delete her out of your life like she is a piece of dirt on your shoe. All while she believes your stupid As* LIES and that u want only her and she treats u so good and all while u do her dirty like the dirty scum u really are. Why lie that u r a good man when u know in your heart you are not??? You can all go to h*ll to be honest with u. I am DONE trusting men.

The last one gave me NO warning signs that he was a liar and cheater and had other plans without me. If u just want to casually date I may go for that if I think you are hot. Thats right, I am going to be shallow like most of u men are. I will use you for my own needs and then toss u out. You will not come to my house, you will not meet my children or my friends. If u r still interested than fine, if not I dont care! Thank you for taking time to read my updated profile. I used to be a very nice, trusting woman who would do anything for her man. NEVER again! Bye."

Class act...
Old 02-23-2011, 11:55 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Word of advice....don't waste time on a woman that types "u" instead of "you"...they are either functionally illiterate, emotionally stunted...or both.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Word of advice....don't waste time on a woman that types "u" instead of "you"...they are either functionally illiterate, emotionally stunted...or both.
Worse yet, they're probably one of CROME's daughters...
Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Agree 100%.

That last add sounds like an all-around winner.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 AM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
The above ad was real. I found her on another site too (Match) and the ad was a bit different but a similar tone with lots of pics of her and her ponies and sculptures.

Here's one that came up as a "match" for me 2 months ago. This one seems like a real winner. It's too bad I'll never get to pick her up in my 993... The pics of this girl are actually cute! I sent her an email to tell her that her profile info made my day and that I sent it to all my friends and they had a great laugh about it too. She emailed me back to thank me (for what I'm not sure).

"I am single, had a brief fling with a guy who did nothing but lie to me and I hate myself for trusting him and giving him my heart, body and soul. I was head over heels for him. I am tired of falling for the wrong men who don't give a sh*t about me. He dumped me on facebook and other people knew I was dumped before I did by reading his profile. Classy huh. He also has a pic that I took of him on plenty of fish that he put up there while he was with me!At this point I am NOT looking for a relationship because the truth is I dont give a sh*t and I will never be made a fool of again. You are all lying jerks.

You say you want to settle down and "O I love u baby, I am here to stay" but then you are on the prowl for other woman and u treat your g/f like sh*tand humiliate her and delete her out of your life like she is a piece of dirt on your shoe. All while she believes your stupid As* LIES and that u want only her and she treats u so good and all while u do her dirty like the dirty scum u really are. Why lie that u r a good man when u know in your heart you are not??? You can all go to h*ll to be honest with u. I am DONE trusting men.

The last one gave me NO warning signs that he was a liar and cheater and had other plans without me. If u just want to casually date I may go for that if I think you are hot. Thats right, I am going to be shallow like most of u men are. I will use you for my own needs and then toss u out. You will not come to my house, you will not meet my children or my friends. If u r still interested than fine, if not I dont care! Thank you for taking time to read my updated profile. I used to be a very nice, trusting woman who would do anything for her man. NEVER again! Bye."

Class act...
I think this is my last ex-wife!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:22 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Worse yet, they're probably one of CROME's daughters...
Old 02-24-2011, 01:27 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

993 is not a mid life crisis car..... a lambo is a mid life crisis car.....

that girl was single and dating for a reason.....
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow. Internet dating has come a long way since my era of maybe '93-'97 (when I met Karen in an AOL chat room of all places).

We sometimes joke about what it would be like if we had to wade in the pool again. From casual observation I can say I absolutely do NOT like what I casually observe out there in menopausal age women, single or otherwise. And I've met/observed A LOT this winter the amount of time I've spent on the slopes or in the lodge. The 50somethings? A pleasure. The 30somethings? Generally dealing with little ones. But the 40somethings seem more like military officers, empty of any pleasure or happiness.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should try out ashleymadison.com Find some married woman who wants to have an affair--there are plenty of them out there.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
You should try out ashleymadison.com Find some married woman who wants to have an affair--there are plenty of them out there.
Especially in Utah!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:53 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Dating, like everything else in life, is what you make it.

I was happy in a relationship, and I'm happy single.

Usually people who aren't happy in any given situation, it's less the situation that's making them unhappy, but their perspective.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
Especially in Utah!
True, but the divorce rate is still fairly high here in Utah--somewhere the top 25
Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Dating, like everything else in life, is what you make it.

I was happy in a relationship, and I'm happy single.

Usually people who aren't happy in any given situation, it's less the situation that's making them unhappy, but their perspective.
That is very true as well.

There was a fascinating study a few years ago that tracked people with some terrible event in their life (loss of a spouse or child, loss of limb, paralysis). The conclusion was that people return to their pre-event happiness level within 6-12 months. In other words, there is some predetermined happiness level in most adults that we carry with us though our lives, pretty much no matter what.

Quick Reply: "Mid-Life Crisis?" was the 1st comment a date had when I picked her up in my 993 :o)