Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

"Mid-Life Crisis?" was the 1st comment a date had when I picked her up in my 993 :o)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Denise993
Edit: Forgot to add ... I NEVER drive the Porsche on the first dates ... men don't seem to like to like it when I have a nicer ride than they do (present company excluded of course)
They are not the kind of men you should be associated with (your parent's mode off ).

Honestly, 993 is my daily driver and has been for the last 7 years. Y'know what, I really don't want to pretend when I'm on a date, nor do I want my date to pretend. If she has a comment, be it derogatory or complimentary, let's have it. But in reality, it's just a car. If she's a car person and makes an appropriate comment - great. If she starts making social commentary... I know she's not the right dating material, simple as that. Unless she's Tina Fey type.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Clear sign on 2nd date it was not meant to be.

There are haters out there, usually people very unhappy with their lives, that can't stand to see others happy. Life's too short to be a hater.

GLW dating seen, life can be better when you can share your passions with someone who cares that you are happy. Even better if they choose to partake.
I think this girl I went out with wasn't really a hater at all, but was just joking in a cute way about the "Mid-life crisis" thing. I just wanted to set my perception of the record straight in her defense, even though I'm never going to ask her out again. She was a nice jewish gal with red hair from Texas and was overwhelmingly into country-line dancing every Friday night. It just wasn't a match... I'm Jewish so I'm at least trying to find someone of the same faith again. My parents would be proud of me if they were still around. I may give up soon on this particular aspect of my quest as it's fairly limiting.

Due to diminished availability of Jewish women between 35-49, yes, I have resorted to the internet. What once wasn't very common (internet dating) seems much more acceptable today to many people.

I am confused about one thing though, why wouldn't I take my 993 out on a first date? It's just my car, right? A 15 year old car isn't that showy, is it? Or is there another reason some of you mentioned you don't ever drive it on that 1st date?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only thing many people see is P-O-R-S-C-H-E and they don't have a clue if it is a 2011 model or 1991. It means $$$ to them with no clue as to why a driver owns it. That is why it may not be the best '1st date' car.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S

I am confused about one thing though, why wouldn't I take my 993 out on a first date? It's just my car, right? A 15 year old car isn't that showy, is it? Or is there another reason some of you mentioned you don't ever drive it on that 1st date?
Probably tough to get a BJ in a Porsche..

Seriously though there is a stigmatism that comes with a P-Car, good bad, or indifferent, it's there.. I'd rather someone just realize that you are an enthusiast or car nut than be potentially labeled... Also similar with business and the car you roll up in..
Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Well, I get the 7 year itch. I told wifey, 'I've gotten the 7 year itch. I'm getting a sportscar, or a girlfriend. You can pick.' Four Porsches later...
I always say "The Porsche is cheaper than a mistress." Of course, when talking to people that encourage me down the slippery slope of tracking my P-car, I say my agreement with my wife is that I can have a Porsche as long as I keep the cost below that of a mistress.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
She was a nice jewish gal with red hair from Texas and was overwhelmingly into country-line dancing every Friday night. It just wasn't a match... I'm Jewish...
Same here. But damn, Steve. A line-dancing red-haired Jewish girl? Wow. That's a rarity.

so I'm at least trying to find someone of the same faith again. My parents would be proud of me if they were still around. I may give up soon on this particular aspect of my quest as it's fairly limiting.
I've given up on that aspect many years ago. At about 15, I believe. Well, not quite true. I'm still making an effort to look, just always end up with nice blond shiksas And I don't even like blonds.

Due to diminished availability of Jewish women between 35-49, yes, I have resorted to the internet. What once wasn't very common (internet dating) seems much more acceptable today to many people.
Oh, boy, oh boy. Let me play a yenta here Have you heard of Jdate.com ? There are tons of the demographic you've described there. And if that doesn't work we can find you a nice russian one in DC area. There are plenty, trust me.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 461 Posts

Her: Mid-Life Crisis?

Me: Nope, but I sure hope you have bus fare.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...it may not be the best 1st date car...95 NC 993
I wouldn't even think of taking a first date out in a Porsche; it's just too much of a distraction. I don't think I'd even tell the lady I have one.

Steve: sorry to hear about the breakup, and good luck with the search.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinty
I wouldn't even think of taking a first date out in a Porsche; it's just too much of a distraction. I don't think I'd even tell the lady I had one
well, you could always just tell them that it's a loaner...as your Lambo is in the shop getting the gullwing door adjusted. Pure win right there folks
Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13

Oh, boy, oh boy. Let me play a yenta here Have you heard of Jdate.com ? There are tons of the demographic you've described there. And if that doesn't work we can find you a nice russian one in DC area. There are plenty, trust me.
Have I heard of JDate? Uh, yeah... I emailed every single one of them on there for that last 9 months that live within 30 miles of me and met bunches if them. No matches yet but I won't stop until I have success

Quite frankly, there's not that many attractive women on dating websites (at least in my area), in my age range (39-49). I have all the bases covered (JDate, POF, OkCupid, Match) but I push on...

It's all good.

While this is totally, utterly off topic, here's an example of a woman that put herself out there lately on "Match" (see below). It can be a little crazy! You happily married guys are lucky...

"Height 5' 8"
Age 46 year old Woman
Caucasian with Brown hair
Religion Non-Religious

I do not chat, nor do I "chat". PoF used to let me block this feature. I am not ignoring you, I am "ignoring" you. Chat is for sissies who are scared to talk to girls much less meet them.

Unique property, well located and maintained. Easy care, comes completely fitted out so leave your worries behind and enjoy the scenery.
By turns rollicking and intense. Aspiring painter and accomplished sculptress, well tempered by experience and ready for the big fences. Would rather participate than spectate. Loyal, steadfast and happy to be one of two. Can handle a crowd or a couple but would rather have just you. I expect a man to cook and like it, or at least like doing the cleanup. Smart but I don't care who is right. Ready to let you be the man, if you are okay with me being the woman.

What I'm looking for ...Someone not too urbane, not a redneck, not too into sports, not too 'neat', and very good with their hands. Someone who enjoys fixing things, someone who can get a joke if not tell one, who has no chip on his shoulder. Who says what he means, means what he says, and doesn't mind if I say it better from time to time. Who comes from 'good people' but perhaps chose a simpler life for himself. Who can tell I'm not intentionally pretentious nor filterless, who is satisfied that those things are offset by my generosity and fierce loyalty.

He probably isn't the typical 'nice guy' - he may have suffered the fires of Hell and lost and learned...learned that some things were worth keeping, that he could have done better and he will this time.

Ideally, this man played lacrosse, got some "A's", has more questions than answers, sees like an artist and moves like a cat. He walks with his arm on me through danger zones. He's unequivocally masculine - because that is upon which our bond is based ...I can have an intellectual, mind-expanding conversation with any man, woman or child, but only this man will touch me and it is only on him I can depend.

*laddertheory site. Check it out.

I don't tolerate lies or liars. If you aren't your height or age, I will not be kind. My pictures are recent - I expect the same. The first date will be a "meet" - if you have reverse anorexia, I'll be having that drink with the bartender, not you. Jiggling jowls are in the same plane of focus as your eyes. I can't enjoy a meal while my stomach is turning. Let's be honest - you find me attractive because I can say "no" to the Twinkies. I retain the same right to be attracted - men with only one chin need apply.

I'm not into commuter dating and have no intention of negotiating the Washington beltway. I have kids age 9 & 12 whose father lives in Takoma Park, so I have to consider that. Please don't break my heart and write me, even if you are perfect, if you are further than one hour away from me. Mapquest it. I'm not interested in living in the suburbs. I live with family on their six acres right now, and maintaining a country lifestyle is a priority over romance. I've never met a like-minded suburbanite...my ideal guy will already be walking the walk.

I want to raise chickens again (organic of course), and some sheep and maybe a steer (grass fed) every year for the freezer. I'd like a country gentleman - no suit and tie, but plenty of tweed when the weather commands it, and maybe a navy blazer in the spring. Someone who can hold his liquor and if not - is man enough to say 'thanks but no more for me'.

I've slaughtered my own chickens, put up my own jam from berries I have grown, and held a deer liver - still warm- in my hands. I'd love a man to teach my 12 year old to hunt - he's dying to, he is as well an avid and precocious fisherman and I sorely regret all the promises men have made and broken to him.
I'd like someone in good health, whose man-bits are in working order and is medication-free. He'll have an interest in sensuality, not just getting 'er done.
He'll have good ideas that show thought and knowledge - not just his whims - he doesn't push tolerances, he wants us to be safe first. He'll rather fix it himself than hire it out.
He sees what makes me light up, before I do. I will do the same for him.

I DO NOT DATE OUTSIDE MY RACE OR CULTURE - THANK YOU. That means no Euros, hillbillies, tattooed wonders, hippies or rednecks, as well as gays and bisexuals, black folks, Hispanic people, Asians, and Indians.

I get 1,000 inquiries a month, and unfortunately can't reply to everyone. I use the "block" feature liberally, as an unfortunately large number of men will turn nasty when rejected. You get one shot - so if you have a five-line profile and can't tell me what distinguishes you from the other 999 guys in your first message, you will be blocked. If you aren't blocked, you may try again LoL, in case I got busy or lost track.

To those of you who say "the man you describe does not exist", please save your sour grapes for your buddies. I know several men who meet my description to a tee - they are married, or hundreds of miles away. They are good friends and ardent admirers - I have no lack of friends and am not looking for friends here.

For the uninitiated..computer dating is not for the faint of heart. Think of it as a retail used car outlet. If you are a wreck, or below average condition, this is not going to be the best venue for you. I am not paid to be here, and I owe you nothing out of good manners by way of response unless you meet "my" criteria, look as good for your age as I do, are equally physically appealing etc. etc. "Your" dating style may be to use a cast net - I fish more discriminately, I only drop my line according to my experience and self-knowledge.

First Date
First, we have to get to the date! I have 28 interests listed above...and more alluded to in my profile. I know I'm attractive, LOL,...what can YOU offer to the mix? I expect a clue in your opening messages...or you will be "blocked".

I don't care for dating, frankly. I "know", immediately, if things will progress...or not. I cast my rod not without hope, but without expectation. A first date will evolve into something or evaporate into nothing with no hard feelings."

Ouch!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=007DT;8324144]Probably tough to get a BJ in a Porsche..

He's dating Jewish women...it's tough to get one of those...period.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Probably tough to get a BJ in a Porsche..
Au contraire! Although anything more is challenging, even with the top down.

The profile above sounds like she's a royal pain in the a--!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man, you should've had fun with that "mid-life crisis" question.

"Mid-life crisis?" "No way! I'm dating you, aren't I?"

"Mid-life crisis?" "Wow, I guess you're right, in that case, you're too old, get the f** out."

Last edited by niche; 02-22-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
Just go iceskating at anyone of the icerinks close to home - u got two to choose from, you're sure to run into a few pretty ladies.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I bet Ms Perfect above is beating them off with a stick. How did Mr T put it... 'I pity the man....'
What a douche.....

Quick Reply: "Mid-Life Crisis?" was the 1st comment a date had when I picked her up in my 993 :o)