tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. & save me from hunting these up for you
Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm on a quick business trip to the U.K. this week and Graham graciously arranged for tickets to the F1/GT races at Oulton Park Raceway for Monday's finals.... This is definitely the country of nice!!

Here's Graham picking me up in his beautiful Blue Speedster :-)

The race was amazing with all the big names on the track, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Ferrari and several others that I'm too dense to remember .. the battle of the Titan's for sure. The Porsche team won the first race but at the end of the day, the new Ferrari 480's took it all away with them .... can you say 'blindingly fast' ...?
Here's one of the Porsche's in the lead right at the beginning of the last race. That didn't last two laps ....

Damn those Italians ......

Then Graham took us home on the backroads through every picture-book thatched roof villiage Northwest England has to offer. I can tell you this, the man KNOWS how to drive an automatic to advantage and the extra stiffeness 9M put into his chassis is very apparent. This car MOVES! I didn't know this but evidently, the lighter windshield and clamshell/top assembly shaved 200 lbs off the stock cabriolet ... He has no problem breaking loose those huge 19" Michelin's with just a blip of the throttle.. I have a whole new respect for the Tiptronic transmission now, believe me and the experience in this car reminded me so much of my old 356 Speedsters it was amazing. Same open air exposure, same scale inside, same feeling with the top up and down ... I'm in LOVE ...

Here he is dropping me off after an incredible day. Thanks SO MUCH Graham for your unending hospitality, I hope to be able to return the favor some day soon ...
Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Kind words JP - or should I call your holiness!!
Pleasure to meet you, and I'm glad you enjoyed (as Jäger would say) the Blusuvious Speedster experience!
Graham
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

G-- You're quite the host. Let us know when you can get over here to meet Hildegärd & Speedy!
(...if I may speak in the royal third person, without the permission of his eminence, the RL 'Pope.')

P.S. Anyone need my 'Blusuvius' moniker explained?...
Originally Posted by grahampeterm

Gotto say - I do like that Vesuvious - especially with the steel grey mirrors and handles!
Graham
Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

'Pope' Jon Paul-- Great photos.
I just saw the latest message you sent; thanks for even more pics! Easy to see you indeed had a grand time with Graham & friends.
Originally Posted by JPP

Thanks SO MUCH Graham, I hope to be able to return the favor some day soon ...
Careful what you wish for -- you might catch the Speedster addiction. We already have two here that have fallen. What would Hilde say about another eye-catching topless exotic in your garage?

To me, what you wrote below is one of the most validating things I've ever read about the concept of a 993 Speedster, especially since it was a leap of faith. When I bought mine in 2008, then finished her in 2009, it was obvious I wanted to carry forward the concept of what Porsche could have achieved, had they continued production #s of the '89 WB Speedster to the 993 line.
But one of the simplest ways to describe my goal was a fitting modern homage to a 356 Speedster: beautiful curves with updated mechanicals, etc. Your ownership history, experience, & passion with 356s makes these words perfect:

Originally Posted by JPP

the experience in this car reminded me so much of my old 356 Speedsters it was amazing. Same open air exposure, same scale inside, same feeling with the top up and down ... I'm in LOVE ...
Can't wait to see what impulsive decisions you make while in love ... known to throw reason out the window (of a raked windshield, open-air 993 with breathtaking bodywork)
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Would these work well on a new 993 Speedster?

Originally Posted by curve lover

Foxy polished 19s

Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 AM
RP993
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

last week i spent some days in the UK and i had the chance to visit Graham and his blue beauty! I would like to say thanks to Graham for his invitation and the drive with the speedster.

i was more than impressed about the speedster feeling allthough i'm driving a 993 cab. This is something completly different...

I have to say, that the car looks and feels much better than on the thread pictures, which are already high level. The guys from 9M made an outstanding work: the stiffness of the chassis is remarkable, bodyworks and gaps are at least Porsche factory quality and the painting with the metallic flakes are simply beautifull.

i took some photos with Graham's permission, i hope he doesn't mind if i post them to the RL fellows:
Attached Images    
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
RP993
Racer

Originally Posted by curve lover
Would these work well on a new 993 Speedster?
hmm, not bad..

we have already known, that Jaeger has taste and style
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RP993

we have already known, that Jaeger is out of his mind
Arpad-- ^^ Fixed it for ya

Sounds like you liked Graham's wheels, too.

Great write up & pics!
Did you ask if you could drive just his home, to save you the work ahead, finishing yours?
I greatly look forward to reading about the progress of your build, & how you apply what you learned from your hands-on 'Blusuvius' visit.

...and thus, the insanity spreads
The following users liked this post:
747winglet (04-14-2020)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes it's been a busy week with the 'Popes' visit 'the' wedding, and finally Arpad's call in on Friday morning.
Don't worry Arpad, i've no objection to any pictures - glad you also enjoyed your Blusuvious moment
Look forward to seeing your machine sometime soon - and I quite fancy a trip to Monteray etc Jäger / JPP
Graham
Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
RP993
Racer

[QUOTE=curve lover;8519437]Arpad-- ^^ Fixed it for ya

Sounds like you liked Graham's wheels, too.

Great write up & pics!
Did you ask if you could drive just his home, to save you the work ahead, finishing yours?
I greatly look forward to reading about the progress of your build, & how you apply what you learned from your hands-on 'Blusuvius' visit.

Yes, the new fuchs wheels are beautyfull, i love them! Personally i prefer 18" but it's becouse the streets are not as good in Hungary as in England or in the US.

to ask for someone's speedster it's like asking for his wife
(but a great joke )

you know, i'm a kind of species who enjoy to build a car (for months) rather to buy it inmediatly from a dealer. I'm ready to learn from everybody, who has more experience and knowledge than me. i've learned a lot with my 3 former projects but this speedster one will be much tough than thoose 3 alltogether..

hopefully next year i can join to your highly infected speedster club regardless my wheel choice.... (nowdays i prefer the Techart Formula GT 18" wheels)
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

.... and I quite fancy a trip to Monteray etc Jäger / JPP
Graham
Well, I think we need to look at that, don't you? Are you thinking a 'quicky trip' coming in just for that event, October 13 through 16, or coming in a bit earlier and enjoying the California weather? I'll send you an email and we can discuss ......
Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM
obersturm
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it's been a busy week with the 'Popes' visit 'the' wedding, and finally Arpad's call in on Friday morning.
Don't worry Arpad, i've no objection to any pictures - glad you also enjoyed your Blusuvious moment
Look forward to seeing your machine sometime soon - and I quite fancy a trip to Monteray etc Jäger / JPP
Graham
Hi Graham,

very nice of you to share the Speedster experience.
Did you get my PM regarding my UK visit this year? Hope there is a chance for a catch up, then?

Best regards from down under

Marty
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Marc W.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi altogether,

my name is Marc and I'm living on a small island on the other side of the northsea (Germany). Please excuse my bad english, I'm not used to write every day in your language...

At the beginning of the thread in 2009 I had the chance to have a look in here at times, but no chance, to follow it completly. In the last four days I read it from start to end, it took hours, absolute fantastic hours.

Your work and your passion is sensational and I have a new dream, which is wroth to be dreamed!

Quick Reply: New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail