Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 269 Posts

They look superb... Have you thought about having the centers painted to match the silver accents?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:53 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sport Classic fuchs look perfect on your Speedster Do you know the widths and offsets? Those could look great on my TT.

IMHO the only possible improvement on the looks would be to have the spokes polished or machined...I'm still waiting to see if Jaegar will photoshop a pic of his car

And although pricey, you may want to think about adding a set of Ralph Booth billet centercaps...they are available with gold crests to match the hood emblem, or you could go with silver ones like Jaegar did
Name:  IMG_0699.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  30.0 KB
Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister

Hmm, I think you started something here Jager: I wonder how long it's going to take Graham to buy a set of 19" Fuchs now that he can see them on a widebody Speedster??
Originally Posted by curve lover

G-- This [decal] might be smashing good with modernized Fuchs:

G-- The sun smiled over Cheshire today, as it saw the new beauty it had to play with! Your "Bluesuvius" looks even happier now.
Congratulations, you'll have no regrets.

It's been therapeutic to witness our RL friends are just as consistent with you, immediately giving the next insight, & 'opportunity to invest' (I write, innocently ).

...Just see preceeding & following posts by/to good man David, an expert on RL 'financial counseling'
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by David in LA

IMHO the only possible improvement on the looks would be to have the spokes polished or machined...I'm still waiting to see if Jaegar will photoshop a pic of his car

And although pricey, you may want to think about adding a set of Ralph Booth billet centercaps...they are available with gold crests to match the hood emblem, or you could go with silver ones like Jaegar did
David-- I'd luv to learn how to aid your digital editing desire, but there are certainly others who actually know how to do that.
I'm lucky to rarely sneak away to Rennlist -- mired in night school; two final class papers due tonight.

Belatedy submitted my first post yesterday to one of two wonderful threads about Speedy & her friends' San Francisco photo-shoot June 13.
(eShaun's "993 Speedster + Friends...Big Bird, alpinadvl" thread, &
Alf's "PHOTOSHOOT OF THE YEAR? (993 speedster, yellow demon 3.8 Turbo Big Bird, Black C2S)" thread).
A man's gotta have a study break, I say. Hopefully the next one will allow more coverage of the Dana Point, CA, Concours d'Elegance Speedy was invited to.

While largely removed from active RL participation in lieu of sleep, I've been thankful for Graham's updates.

Still, I'd like a degree in Porsches & Photoshop instead to meet your above request. I'm learning from RL about 993s, but know much much less about Photoshop, or in my case, PhotoChop. Can we work out a deal? I'll make silver spokes from black Fuchs ('RS' style?), & you attack my homework, oh, & promise to get me an "A"? You would bro! Otherwise, best for you to wait on a motivated & skilled enthusiast to volunteer their time changing spokes on photos like the following...
Originally Posted by eshaun
Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

misspost. wrong thread! sorry

Last edited by Macca; 06-27-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

The Sport Classic fuchs look perfect on your Speedster Do you know the widths and offsets
Hi David
Fronts are 8.5J ET55
Rears are 11.5J ET50
The standard TT rims have a front offset of 8J 52ET (the new wheels add 3mm outside and 9mm inside) and rears 10J 40ET (9mm o/s & 29mm i/s.
The fronts appear to have plenty of room - there's a finger gap (1/2") on the rear

The arches are well and truly filled! As an aside I saw a 997 today with the Sport Classic wheels which looked good - but acres of room!

Graham
Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Unfortunately my PS skills are severely lacking! btw having done the "part-time grad school while working" thing for over two years (many years ago), I can certainly sympathize with your lack of free time and sleep!

David-- I'd luv to learn how to aid your digital editing desire, but there are certainly others who actually know how to do that.....I'm lucky to rarely sneak away to Rennlist -- mired in night school; two final class papers due tonight...
Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the specs, Graham. BTW, if you want to have the front well filled out to match the rears better, you should have room for 5-10mm spacers without fender rolling assuming your car is not too low. I (as well as a few others) have run 18x8.5 ET46 with 225-245 tires without fender rolling.

Originally Posted by grahampeterm
Hi David
Fronts are 8.5J ET55
Rears are 11.5J ET50
The standard TT rims have a front offset of 8J 52ET (the new wheels add 3mm outside and 9mm inside) and rears 10J 40ET (9mm o/s & 29mm i/s.
The fronts appear to have plenty of room - there's a finger gap (1/2") on the rear

The arches are well and truly filled! As an aside I saw a 997 today with the Sport Classic wheels which looked good - but acres of room!

Graham
Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Wheels - wheels - wheels.

Graham
Didn't think it would take long........

Thanks for finally making his mind up Jager!!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice indeed. You've hit the nail on the head with those wheels. 100 x better than the Turbo twists. Looks awesome! Good job 9m.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NineMeister

Thanks for finally making his mind up Jager!!
Colin-- I'm lucky: I've had my mind made up for >2 years ... I ust had to wait for someone to finally make 'Fuchs' >17"
Can't complain that it was Porsche that made 'em first.

Coincidence: just talked to the dealer, the miracle-worker that wanted 'Fuchs' on Speedy as much as I, & who pulled all the strings to do it.
In his words, he now thinks she's wearing the first customer-installed set in the world. Don't know if it's 100% true yet; still, nice timing with your post.

Thanks for the compliment -- always happy to help another spend money on their beautiful 911, especially the only other member of the RL 993 Speedster club

having seen Jager / Curve Lover's wheels on his GR 993 Speedster there was only one set of rims calling and and tempting me to spend yet more £/$ on my car.

^^ Photo & edit credit: Marc Karaoglan.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

having done the "part-time grad school while working" thing for over two years (many years ago), I can certainly sympathize with your lack of free time and sleep!
David-- Sympathy always appreciated. No-Doz & all other forms of caffeine, too.

Received amazing amount of support from fellow RLers, 3 of which are serious 993 Speedster enthusiasts: Graham, Jon Paul, & you

Finished two classes Sunday night. Already in two more ... no rest.
Bummed I'll miss this weekend's PCA Parade, but it looks like Speedy & I should be able to make Monterey, CA next month. I just have to factor in the low grades I'll make that week!

Last edited by curve lover; 09-08-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J: Keep turning over the cards and you are in the game. Nice thing about sacrafice is that it will end and for the balance of your life you will have the adv degree (use it or not). Did 60 unit MBA at Michigan in ten months (after working full-time last two years of undergrad) and can really, really empathize with you and David.

Hope to see your Speedster in Monterey.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:50 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Raptor
J: Keep turning over the cards and you are in the game. Nice thing about sacrafice is that it will end and for the balance of your life you will have the adv degree (use it or not). Did 60 unit MBA at Michigan in ten months (after working full-time last two years of undergrad) and can really, really empathize with you and David.

Hope to see your Speedster in Monterey.
Sid-- Full MBA in 10 months is a serious accomplishment, especially at a point when most might be burned out from years of schooling during a full-time job.
Great to hear from another who's been there; it really helps, & I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I look forward to meeting you & introducing you to Speedy @ Monterey!

Bought it, got it, luv it! Great study break material...
Buy GT Purely Porsche magazine's July 2010 issue #104, currently on their website.

No affiliation, other than wanting to make the world a more beautiful place, one 993 speedster at a time!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pictures

It's sometime since I did the Pro Photoshoot for GT Porsche magazine, but after a good few reminders a CD has arrived. Some great shots to share - shame I've changed the wheels since, so already the pictures are out of date!

Name:  _MAX0376-1.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  _MAX0536.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  165.1 KB

Name:  _MAX0514.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  159.4 KB

Name:  _MAX0454.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  134.1 KB

Name:  _MAX0512.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  _MAX0410.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  154.1 KB

Name:  _DSC5347.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  194.9 KB

Name:  _DSC5302.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  131.4 KB

Loads more if required!

Oh - and the Mobil 1 Sticker has since been replaced with a new one (albeit having a 997 #number!)

Graham

Quick Reply: New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - full build in detail