Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
BoulderBobo/ Larpy/ EJ-- Good call; it was a beautiful day to have a meeting of the Colorado tribe. Wish RLer Aircooled could have caught up with us for a run. Next time!
Your 993s are even more amazing in person, & that's saying a lot!!! Superb performance & aesthetic mods
It was great meeting your 'significant others' (interpret as you like ), plus learning the history behind your knack for such clean machines ... pristine even after an ~80-mile drive.
^^ Special mention to 944 RLer EJ for putting up with us 993-obsessed types today. Great dude

I look forward to seeing all your photos, here or elsewhere.

This is the last shot for me to share tonight. (I will literally be up 'til 3 - 4 AM with homework. Pardon my whine. Cheese, anyone?)

My only regret is that I didn't get introduce y'all to these inspiring Make-A-Wish Foundation kiddos/heroes. Thanks for waiting while they hung out with new friends.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Speaking of academics, I don't know about the "achievements" part, because all I'll achieve tonight is huge loss of sleep - just now starting ~6 hours of homework; but at least I can blame RLers Larpy & BoulderBobo for the delightful delay (details forthcoming).
Originally Posted by boulderbobo

Jager was gracious enough to get a few P-car lovers on the the Peterson AFB in the Springs. Here are a few pics of Speedy.

Thanks Jager!

Bob-

Brother Bob-- My pleasure; you guys made the day ... & what a day!
Up to y'all to plan the next two or so events now , ball's in your court, so to speak.
Glad you both got back home safely.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bob-- ^^ Thanks for sharing some photos Looking forward to more of Larpy's blue beauty when he's done freshening her up from the jaunt homeward.

Til then, got more pix of your Guards Red rocket??? Luv your coupe!

No, really: here's my last last shot to share tonight...
Old 05-24-2010, 12:18 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GR Rocket
Attached Images   
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Speedy leading the pack!
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I don't see how anyone can argue that the Sport Classic 5-spokes aren't perfect for this car. Sure, they may not have a deep lip (as do some other great-looking rims - Rufs, Formulas, etc) but there are very few deep lip rims for 993s....and these make Jager's 993 Speedster the ultimate homage to the classic 89 Speedster.

Only thing that might make them look a bit better is with polished/machined faces

Jager was gracious enough to get a few P-car lovers on the the Peterson AFB in the Springs. Here are a few pics of Speedy.

Thanks Jager!

Bob-
Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

The GR Rocket
Trademark infringement!!!

Jealousy rising......
Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Jäger, those wheels look so good!!!! I'm curious about your spoiler though. Doesn't look like it's fully extending.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Jäger, those wheels look so good!!!! I'm curious about your spoiler though. Doesn't look like it's fully extending.
Mike-- Really appreciate your words on the wheels! ...& it's obvious you have a scary sharp eye, by your comment on the spoiler.

Chris, Bob, & I made the decision to manually raise the tails for a shot, & then we left them for ~10 minutes of more photos. Until your observation, I thought I was the only one who had noticed that I failed to depress the switch 'til full travel.

Lest the jokes begin about blue pills or getting it up (so to speak), here are some recent, rough shots through dirty windows while driving around:

Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Jaeger, I need to see your car in person.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by David in LA
I don't see how anyone can argue that the Sport Classic 5-spokes aren't perfect for this car. Sure, they may not have a deep lip (as some other great-looking rims - Rufs, Formulas, etc) but there are very few deep lip rims for 993s....and these make Jager's 993 Speedster the ultimate homage to the classic 89 Speedster.
David-- Well said; keen insights. Kinda scary, too, 'cuz I wrote the following words to BoulderBobo earlier tonight, who had asked how I like the new shoes. Nearly verbatim 'cut & paste' of what I sent him:

I'm thrilled (& lucky) to have these wheels. Been pursuing 'Fuchs' >17" since Feb '08, when I posted this RL round-up of everything Fuchs-related I found available at that time. Likewise, I've been writing about modernized Fuchs on this thread since page 6.
Finally, Porsche has put 'em out first, & my dealer was incredibly motivated to get 'em on Speedy ASAP. They pulled every trick in the book to get me an advance set.

After ~2.5 years of focused effort, Speedy's finally finished. These wheels aren't just something flashy, trendy, or 'flavor of the day' for me -- they're the culmination of a fitting homage to the iconic 1989 widebody 911. A guiding vision for Speedy has been to blossom into a modernized update to that famous & rare 911. Also: Doesn't hurt that the only car the wheels are OEM on is the brand new, limited edition 997/911 Sport Classic

They're also a timely reminder that black-centered wheels, although currently fashionable & new to those less familiar with automotive history, were used on thousands of Porsches, as far back as ~1967.

Just as 993s were aesthetically ahead of their time, so were Porsche's Fuchs. A perfect combination!

P.S. Notice the finishing touch in their centers?

Last edited by curve lover; 09-08-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: correcting typo... '09 to '08
Old 05-24-2010, 03:22 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh my frikin' gawd!!! That's pretty much completes your car (with the exception of billet centercaps )
David-- As usual, you & I were already thinking alike before your above post...

Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

...However, you were the original inspiration back in Aug '09, & I've been waiting 'til black-centered 'Fuchs' came along.
I think mine are the same as yours made by Ralph Boothe. Bot them a long time ago....finally removed the crests and had the billet caps sprayed
David-- Please share more photos & details on where you got your center caps / if they're available to others.
More as requested:

Old 05-24-2010, 03:37 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

Jaeger, I need to see your car in person.
^^ For legal advice?...
The GR Rocket
Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Trademark infringement!!!
...or house call / doctor's visit?...
Originally Posted by gonzilla
I'm curious about your spoiler. Doesn't look like it's fully extending.
Lest the jokes begin about blue pills or getting it up (so to speak), here are some recent, rough shots:
Seriously, though, Tim-- you & I made a good effort last summer to rendezvous in Monterey, CA.

Now that Uncle Sam seems to be cooperating & welcoming you back to the U.S.:

I wasn't planning to go public with potential plans, since I need to focus on my advanced degree classes, but Speedy's been invited to the Porsche Club of America's Dana Point, CA Concours d'Elegance June 12th.
I'm considering the Chicago-area PCA Parade (but it's much less likely) that follows, & looking for an excuse to get back to see friends at Monterey's car week in Aug.

However, I can't promise Speedy will make it to anything 'til my degree's done. Just tonight my infinitely patient & supportive bride very emphatically insisted I need to drop one of my 2 night school courses I'm trying to take simultaneously.

Think it has something to do with the fact I don't spend effort on academics, & nor have enough will power to stay away from Rennlist & 993s.

Hogwash, I say.

...oops, gotta go, I hear footsteps: she thinks I'm typing a paper for school!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Well I appreciate the compliment but I am not worthy. I didn't buy those wheels...they were on the car when I bot it and I've been leaning towards having them repainted gunmetal grey

...However, you were the original inspiration back in Aug '09, & I've been waiting 'til black-centered 'Fuchs' came along.

Quick Reply: Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER