Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 AM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a very successful career in sales, and made excellent money.

So, 7 months ago... I quit my job and started a small, boutique advertising & marketing agency.
The work has been fulfilling...but completely full of unexpected challenges and problems which has led to many sleepless nights. The only thing I can really say for sure, is that Ive been hit with more issues that have been out of my control since this started...then ever before. Its been a bit unsettling, but I believe in the quality of the work, and I believe in myself.... so that will keep me going. Sure would be nice to have some more revenues coming in though....
Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 PM
PiL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rennlisters,

I know I am really late on this, however I found this thread while searching the archives and I thought I might be able to assist a few members. I own an executive search firm and focus on placing professionals within the healthcare industry - everything from physicians and pharmacists to executives and healthcare consultants.

The clients currently keeping me busy include top tier management consulting firms, healthcare IT consulting firms, national retail & specialty pharmacies, managed care companies and disease management organizations. The hot areas I am currently working include PBM (pharmacy benefit management) consulting, Healthcare IT consulting & Nuclear Pharmacy.

If you are a professional in the healthcare industry and unhappy with your current position, or an organization looking for talent, please contact me.

I plan to purchase my first P-Car, a 993 C2S, in the near future. This board has helped me tremendously in my pre-purchase research and in the development of my mod list! Thanks for your help!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm way late to this thread. I have been working for all of you money guys as a wallpaper contractor for 27 years making your mansions beautiful. Until recently, I was living in the San Francisco area for the last 14 years, working mostly in Silicon Valley. Man I miss it. Chris A. at Pinel real estate, I have seen your car a number of times, as I worked for Flagel's furniture many times. Now I live in Maryland because I moved back to care for my beloved late brother who left me his 993. Spend my time looking after my father and plan to move to Hawaii when the time comes.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:14 AM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mufffler Recording

Great thread! I am a recording engineer and instructor ( I may be hitting you intellectual property guys up now and then as I also teach a class in music business and I get some off the wall questions), I am also an artist, I sculpt, paint and. . .well all sorts of stuff. . .

www.amfabrik.com

While Im on the subject of recording, Im really interested in a set of RSRs in the near future and I was thinking a few well recorded (no, not wiith the camcorders mic) muffler options would be a great resource to have here on Rennlist.
If I can get a list of willing, local to Southern California 993 people with different exhaust combinations I would love to grab a portable digital recorder and a stereo pair of decent mics and do a proper, stereo standardized comparison. Anyone up for that?
-Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
bobesser
Pro

Hi All,

I realize that I am late posting, but I have a good excuse: I just bought my 993 in August.

So, my elevator speech as follows:
I work for a company called DfR Solutions. We are a reliability and failure analysis house that specializes in electronic equipment. We do about 60% reliability analysis, which is taking a new design and finding potential problems in the design before going to production. It can also include accelerated testing such as shock, vibe, and temperature and humidity cycling. The remainder of our work is failure analysis which is figuring out why some part failed and how to make sure it doesn't in the future. Some big names we have worked for include Dell, Curtiss Wright, IBM, and Microsoft.

We also do some internally funded research mostly focussed on Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and transition to lead (Pb) free.

I am also an Engineering Duty Officer in the US Navy (reserve component). There I have been mostly involved in developing a surge capability for shipyard maintenance (SurgeMain), using highly skilled enlisted reservists to provide additional maintenance capabiltiy on short notice, for the shipyard commanders.

Prior to working for DfR Solutions, I was a consultant to the Missile Defense Agency working on Manufacturing and Producibility.

Bob
Old 09-04-2007, 06:08 PM
tfm
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying my recently acquired 993 after some years of more family oriented M-cars...and a read through this thread reminds me of riding in my 1983 SC in the "old days" when almost every fellow Porsche driver would flash lights when we passed each other.

I'm primarily a TV commercial director, but doing projects also with film and video for web applications, other new media. I recently formed my own production company and am looking for film/video work from ad agencies and corporate marketing sources, also always looking for people to hire for production work, line producers, DPs, set designers, etc. My demo TV spot reel can be viewed at

http://reel-exchange.com/search.html...omery&x=18&y=9

Being based in Philadelphia, I'm trying to establish a new sub-business providing high-end film and video services to the pharmacuetical market. Much of "Big Pharma" is headquartered here, but I've had a very difficult time getting my foot in the door of these folks with their stringent perferred vendor operations.

Looking forward to a continuing education and great pastime here on rennlist.
Best, Tom
Old 09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
tmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Geek. Worse, I'm a teacher of geeks. Want to learn how to make fast computers, I'm your man. The 993 is my seventh Porsche and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Cool Me..it's all about me...

I am a shiftless bum who grows wine grapes....I spend my wife's money as grapes are a losing proposition...I guess I am a gigolo...who would have thunk it would have come to this. It would cost her a lot to divorce me so I guess I have a job for life, that is, until she figures out a way to bump me off and get away with it.

Why its nearly 3:30 PM, time for my nap!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:45 PM
lumpy
Racer

I worked as a sell side analyst for a local brokerage firm in Nashville for three years. For the last seven years, I worked for a hedge fund in NYC as a buy side analyst covering various healthcare companies. Right now, I am taking some time off traveling and putting miles on my black 993TT...just upgraded my suspension to the pss9 set up...what a difference guys...great place for information. If I can help out just PM me.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

unemployed........Would like to work again, but it really goes against what I want to do...........
Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 PM
troos
Advanced

You guys just don't have a real good feel for what's cool yet. I'm a self employeed manufacturer's rep. I sell lots of garbage bags!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

I am Global Markets Corporate Sales Person for a British Bank in NY.

But on the side I run this online travel website www.thegapstertravel.com. Check it out !!! Also let me know if you want to become a travel agent!!! great perks!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a contracted Oversight Executive for advanced technology demonstration programs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) at the Pentagon. We comb and sift thru commercial industry, National Labs, acadamia, etc. for potentially useful technologies or innovations and craft a one, two or three year development program that, if successful, transition as new capabilities to the Joint Warfighter. These programs are known as Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations (JCTD), formerly Advanced Concept Technology Demonstrations. You can google both. Probably not much of a resource for this forum other than possibly a Pentagon tour.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:40 PM
caronsd
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy, I'm REAL late to this, especially considering I've had my 993 since March.

Current Director of Operations for a Contract Research Organization (CRO) in San Jose, CA. We provide services to Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies to help them run clinical trials in order to receive regulatory approval to sell their drugs, biologics, or medical devices. Anyone thinking about running a clinical trial can give me a shout!

Prior to this, I spent about 15 years as a rocket scientist. No really. I actually was an R&D engineer on solid propellant systems which included a fun stint developing automotive airbag inflators around a novel propellant we "invented" back in the mid-90s. While at the same company, I did a lot of work on air-breathing propulsion systems to help things fly at Mach 3 and up. Nothing like being paid to make fire and smoke, and occasionally getting to blow things up (some on purpose)! A boy's dream.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Pete
Instructor

I'm even later than Steve C. but I just saw this thread.

I live in Urbana, Illinois where I recently retired as a lecturer and the head undergraduate advisor from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Illinois. My specialty is geotechnical engineering ("dirt-rock-water") and I've been an independent consultant for many years, which I'll continue in my retirement, on failure investigations, construction problems and disputes, development of design criteria, expert witness, etc. I once specialized in structural engineering, mainly bridges, until I got into dirt. I'm a licensed professional engineer in California and Illinois, so if any of you left-coasters have problems with your house sliding down the hill or mud flows filling up your swimming pool, that's right up my alley.

Pete

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.