Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010 | 10:53 PM
ga993
Rennlist Member

I am a "Strategic Account Manager" for FIS (Fidelity Info Sys), a provider data processing and related technology services to banks and other FI's. I manage a portfolio of banks along the east coast. Business development, sales and account management. Basically a bag carrying, quota sweating sales guy.
brandon
Old 03-12-2010 | 10:31 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey everyone, I figured I'd pop in here for a sec to let you know that I started a Rennlist group on Linkedin a year or two back, completely separate from this thread, which I didn't even know about. Please do join up; the more the merrier. Here's the link:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=972917

And about me: I'm currently an account manager at a web design and development firm. We do anything and everything web-based, from simple websites to large complex e-commerce sites, and all sorts of custom web development & programming.
Old 03-12-2010 | 01:30 PM
irideducs
Advanced

I run deal sourcing and investor relations for a middle-market buyout fund. If you own or represent the seller of a niche manufacturing, healthcare or education-related company, I might be able to provide additional liquidity to fuel your p-car passion.
Old 03-12-2010 | 01:40 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

I'm a partner in a small regional CPA firm. We specialize in tax preparation for small businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates as well as tax planning. I barely have time to make this post.
Old 03-12-2010 | 03:29 PM
B Chester
AutoX

Only a wannabe 993 owner at this point (I have a Boxster). I'm a partial owner of a New Jersey based commercial real estate appraisal and consulting firm.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2010 | 02:50 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

This thread is amazing!

I am another IT guy - "Network Engineer" for a small consulting firm.

Right now I am focusing on virtualization for the next career step.
Old 03-13-2010 | 03:02 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

I do voice-over work for television and radio; mostly I narrate documentaries for TV shows and do lots of commercials, with the occasional cartoon thrown in for good measure.

If you watch bad cable television, you've heard me
Old 03-13-2010 | 03:08 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Interesting.

I'm an Architectural designer designing cruise ship interiors.

Have been 10+ years and before that, worked in an engineering company 1st drafting, then designing, then project managing interior projects (making construction drawings).

I can design interiors, I can then make the construction drawings from them and finally, I can build the interiors (can weld, machine etc., assemble, do woodwork, construction etc.).

Currently busy and working but I'm thinking to start looking for a job, if anyone have anything in mind that my skills can work, I'd be interested and am willing to move to different part of US or other countries also.
Old 03-13-2010 | 03:56 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Okay, I am game too.
I am a manufacturing engineer working for a company called Cleaire in San Diego. We developed and build retrofit diesel exhaust systems for the on and off-road industries. We make custom systems for everything from generators to trains but our specialty is turning out to be school buses.

I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UCSD. I worked my way through college as a mechanic both at professional shops and also building custom "restomods" in my garage. While I am currently employed I am game for contract work or side jobs at a very reasonable rate. If it's car related I may even work for free

My wife also works on cars (she does amazing bodywork) and is currently working on her degree in Biology. She could use a part time job if anyone knows of something in San Diego, preferably a lab position of some form.
Old 03-14-2010 | 06:52 AM
steve porter
Rennlist Member

I`m a self employed wholesale Spectacle Maker. Small business (me) operating since 1987 specializing in making up high end Rimless spectacles for shops all over Australia. I would like to offer some advice to all those that have lasted long enough like me to need Multifocals and work on their own cars on a lift. As you know you can`t see a bloody thing looking up as you are looking through the distance portion of the multifocals. Reading glasses dont work either as you need to get too close to see anything. i am in a position to experiment and have concluded that you need to get your optometrist to test you( as well as for the normal distance and reading scripts) at a distance of 24 to 26 inches and to make up a seperate pair of single vision specs to suite. You will have to put on your multis to read or look longingly into the distance. but you will be able to work comfortably under your car like you could when slightly younger. Hope this helps someone. Steve
Old 03-14-2010 | 07:40 AM
rennlist08
6th Gear

Smile

well i am a Dentist with specilization in the Root Canal Treatment (Endodontics) or saving badily mutilated tooth , restoring them..

Any Dentists out here.?

I would be getti my dream car- Boxster soon !!!!
Old 03-14-2010 | 07:38 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Ok, I'll bite.

I am a professional, ambidextrous prawn picker and (past) regional oyster and scallop shucking champion. When my ice-numbed digits permit it, I play a mean Stratocaster through a number of old Fenders, Hiwatts and Marshalls. And, yes, I do it Who-style.

PS -Mike, nice King of Tone. Very nice.

Last edited by Matt Lane; 03-14-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Shoutout to Mike Piera (AnalogMike)
Old 03-14-2010 | 08:21 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I do voice-over work for television and radio; mostly I narrate documentaries for TV shows and do lots of commercials, with the occasional cartoon thrown in for good measure.

LOL,..I'm pretty sure I've heard you,....
Old 03-14-2010 | 08:22 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Co-owner of DoubleDome Web Technologies (doubledome.com). We design, development, SEO, site maintenance/support, email marketing...

I act as Creative Director and Production Manager.

Great thread BTW...
Old 03-14-2010 | 10:52 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe

I have always felt like I have a voice for that, but never did anything about it....
any current commercials you would feel comfortable listing that we can keep an ear open for?

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.