Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips. (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/325376-a-wealth-of-networking-and-contacts-at-our-finger-tips.html)

993C4Smontreal 01-19-2007 08:28 PM

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

We are part of a great and generous community. Some of us are young, some old, some successful and some starting up thier career. Regardless of where we are in life, some of us may be able to benefit from other rennlist members, or offer assistance to a fellow rennlister.

I think it would be a good idea for us to post some information about our occupations and locations. Example, I needed a commercial produced for a client, and I used a production company that I met on an E46 forum.

I was able to find good work, and at the same time give some business to a small company that needed the axtra work.

I will start:

I am in Montreal Canada, and am in advertising. I help clients get into magazines, Tv and radio, web, etc to reach thier target market (male 18-35). feel free to PM me of u can offer me something, or need help with something related to my work.

ok guys.......your turn.

jnx 01-19-2007 09:57 PM

OK, me next, Near St Louis, Mo. 51, unemployed/retired. Sorry I can't be much help I guess.

gordo993 01-19-2007 11:42 PM

I'll bite - Paramedic - Firefighter. Unless you come to my neck of the woods and catastrophe strikes, I probably can't be of much help either.

Randy M '96 Silver 993 01-19-2007 11:46 PM

My title is IT Director, so I guess that I would be the "computer guy!" My next profession will be Professional Golfer. I have to get a lot better though.

95 C4 993 01-20-2007 01:13 AM

I work in the Video Conferencing industy and sell Polycom, TANDBERG, Codian, Radvision, Lifesize, and Cisco solutions. My focus is large H.323 deployments in Healthcare, Commerical, and Distance Education in the western US.

Managed Services, Strategic Staffing, H.320, H.323, MCU managment, Network Design, Gateway's, Gatekeepers, High Def, Telepresence, AV Integration, Erate, RUS, OAT-and everything in between. Dont forget our friendly firewalls!! :thumbup:

Some days I travel over 30,000 miles without even leaving my house with video conferencing.

brucec59 01-20-2007 01:27 AM

Good idea!

I'm a CAD Management Consultant, working with SF Bay Area architects, landscape architects, engineers and designers to help them get the most out of AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop (ADT) and Revit. I do software customization, programming, training, user support, troubleshooting and stretegic technology planning. My web site is www.bruceclement.com. I'd be happy to be of service to any of you! (Ask about my Rennlist discount! No, really!)

DocTock993 01-20-2007 02:56 AM

I'm an Anesthesiologist.
So, if you need to go to sleep, let me know...

Seriously though. You are completely correct about the contact/ connections that web pages, like this provide. Rennlist recently saved me over $1000 on a new"ish" laptop. It helps to counter effect all the money Rennlist has cost me in “needed” group-buys and mods...

Mike Murphy 01-20-2007 03:37 AM

Very good idea. I have 8 years of Network Engineering experience in Chicago, IL. I also dabble in Real Estate and investments, and most of my friends are either in technology or commercial real estate.

Eharrison 01-20-2007 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by brucec59
Good idea!

I'm a CAD Management Consultant, working with SF Bay Area architects, landscape architects, engineers and designers to help them get the most out of AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop (ADT) and Revit. I do software customization, programming, training, user support, troubleshooting and stretegic technology planning. My web site is www.bruceclement.com. I'd be happy to be of service to any of you! (Ask about my Rennlist discount! No, really!)

Bruce do you work with Land Developement Desktop and Survey? Looking for more info....

ME: Chief Mining Engineer for a cement company in the south east (CA,AZ). Work with mining claims/ leases, environmental/ operational permits, PR, legal, operations, equipement, reserve estimates, exploratory work. I can only work for my company but networking would be good for consultants. I hope there are others out in Rennlist. My latest consultant in Phoenix loves the p-cars but is buying his wife a Merc CLS. I need to check his invoices!!!!

993_Pilot 01-20-2007 03:42 AM

I am a Pilot for a fractional share aircraft company. Kind of like timeshare for corporate Jets, only not quite as sleezy and a whole lot more expensive. I'd be happy to split my referral fee if any of you want to buy a share. Of course for a 1/8th share in the aircraft I fly, you could buy about 8 Carrera GT's. Any takers?

beers4all 01-20-2007 09:04 AM

Nice idea ...
I'm managing partner in a Commercial Finance firm. Sounds boring but we end up financing a number of interesting vehicles for companies. In fact, we just did a 993TT yesterday!

vjd3 01-20-2007 09:49 AM

I'm an art director for the Boston Globe (Monday Business and Innovation, Sunday Movies and Tuesday Living Arts sections), freelance art director and designer for a Florida jazz label (always available for freelance graphic design projects, incidentally) ... and lead guitar player for a Grateful Dead band in Boston, http://www.playingdead.net ... always available for gigs ;-)

993c2cab 01-20-2007 09:50 AM

part owner in a family biz. rehab center for the traumatically brain injured. Most of are clients are from auto related crashes. I hope to not help any of you!! godspeed. Matt

jnnking 01-20-2007 09:57 AM

Great idea.

My company sells personalized invitations and gifts. Sounds boring but we sell a ton of photo blankets (and photo beach towels and other photo items) during the holidays and they really are a neat product. Discounts available, please ask if interested.

Rudolph 01-20-2007 10:04 AM

For the last 18 years I've been a self employed small town attorney (my practice is mostly real estate closings and development). I have offices in Glastonbury and Hebron, Connecticut.