Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 WB Values are UP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 08:50 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

The codes are SAI codes- needs an SAI valve replacement and cleanout of the ports. I'd definitely get a leakdown done as the SAI leads to valve wear and oil burn in many cases.
The following users liked this post:
Gbos1 (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 10:25 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Thank you

Thanks Churchill, for bringing us back to the focus on this 993 WB bubble. This is ridiculous now. Don’t get caught on top.

To repeat the articulate poster on FerrariChat-

“I’m seeing trends in sections of collector car markets (355 for a specific example) that perfectly mirror things that went on in the last art market bubble to the letter. One is more discussion of price/value than the actual asset (artwork/car/watches/sports cards/guns). It creates a real focus and buzz whereby observers believe there’s greater demand than there actually is. Then the prices start incrementally jumping up which artificially stifles supply as owners of the asset want to hang on to see how high it goes. Current owners even participate in bidding (very little actual purchasing) to assist prices trending up which further and falsely invigorates the market. Self justification of higher prices also becomes prevalent focus of discussions. There comes a point in time when the hype driven demand ticks down and at that point there will be a rush for the doors in owners liquidating to capture some gains and prospective buyers standing back waiting for deals. A pullback happens immediately followed by brief stabilization (variable dead cat bounce) before prices dive to multi-year lows.

This is just my canary in the coal mine post as I’ve seen the exact scenario play out in other markets - all that have forums for guys to get the market nice and frothy. By this time next year I suspect a 40-50% pullback which will be awesome for actual collectors and enthusiasts, less so for dealers, pikers, and “investors”.”

Onami (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 10:27 PM
fatmike
Three Wheelin'

Received 411 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensivak
thanks! ok so what does that have to do with that blue 4S?
He was a former owner of the silver one.

/
Old 06-23-2021, 12:06 AM
XUR
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

You can copy and paste that "I'm so smart" FChat guy and Economics chart all you want and spread FUD that you think this is a bubble, but not everything that goes up follows the same trend. No matter how much you want them to be that predictable.

Fact is, these WB cars are limited. The owners of them don't NEED to sell them. The ones that do should be doing so now, but finding a good one is still as hard as ever and no floodgates have opened. I could sell mine as well and capitalize at "the top" or "this bubble", but I don't want to. What's going to change the course of this all of the sudden for the owners? And if someone doesn't desperately need to sell their car, it sure would SUCK and be illogical to later sell it at a "DESPAIR" level price knowing how much they're fetching now.
The following 3 users liked this post by XUR:
Gbos1 (06-23-2021), jfischet (06-23-2021), L39E (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 01:02 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 536 Posts

I see a leveling on WB cars after the insane craziness….. not a decrease
Old 06-23-2021, 08:49 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensivak
What is a Jenson button?
it changes the mapping in the car - allows for qualy mode, race mode, and harvest mode.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:00 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zed.
Thanks Churchill, for bringing us back to the focus on this 993 WB bubble. This is ridiculous now. Don’t get caught on top.

To repeat the articulate poster on FerrariChat-

“I’m seeing trends in sections of collector car markets (355 for a specific example) that perfectly mirror things that went on in the last art market bubble to the letter. One is more discussion of price/value than the actual asset (artwork/car/watches/sports cards/guns). It creates a real focus and buzz whereby observers believe there’s greater demand than there actually is. Then the prices start incrementally jumping up which artificially stifles supply as owners of the asset want to hang on to see how high it goes. Current owners even participate in bidding (very little actual purchasing) to assist prices trending up which further and falsely invigorates the market. Self justification of higher prices also becomes prevalent focus of discussions. There comes a point in time when the hype driven demand ticks down and at that point there will be a rush for the doors in owners liquidating to capture some gains and prospective buyers standing back waiting for deals. A pullback happens immediately followed by brief stabilization (variable dead cat bounce) before prices dive to multi-year lows.

This is just my canary in the coal mine post as I’ve seen the exact scenario play out in other markets - all that have forums for guys to get the market nice and frothy. By this time next year I suspect a 40-50% pullback which will be awesome for actual collectors and enthusiasts, less so for dealers, pikers, and “investors”.”

I'm far from an expert and I'm wrong about this stuff often. I have been eyeing 993s for about 5 years. I start looking at them then move on to something else, but then I circle back around to wanting one. I'm casually looking for the right car now. I want to buy it right and not buy into the current mania that seems to be affecting most things, not just Porsches. I have to think this graph is somewhat correct. My guess is the fall won't be severe, but probably will happen. Yes, there is a limited supply of these cars, but there is also a limited supply of people willing to live with the needs of a ~25 year old Porsche. My thoughts are that many people who are buying now are buying the cool scarce car and will get bored with it and move on to the next thing in 6-12 months. I cringed when I saw a picture of Kendall Jenner (or at least some Kardashian) driving one.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:39 AM
INTMD8
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 145 Posts

Why cringe? She's not allowed to like cars?
Gbos1 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 10:45 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by 696
I cringed when I saw a picture of Kendall Jenner (or at least some Kardashian) driving one.
i'm no fan boy of the kardashians, although they have played their hand extremely well. kylie is the youngest female self-made billionaire in history. hard to fault that. as for kendall, she had that car well before the recent hysteria and i give her credit for having the taste to know that a 993 is way cooler than a brand new bentley - which any one of them can afford with pocket change.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:02 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by 696
I'm far from an expert and I'm wrong about this stuff often. I have been eyeing 993s for about 5 years. I start looking at them then move on to something else, but then I circle back around to wanting one. I'm casually looking for the right car now. I want to buy it right and not buy into the current mania that seems to be affecting most things, not just Porsches. I have to think this graph is somewhat correct. My guess is the fall won't be severe, but probably will happen. Yes, there is a limited supply of these cars, but there is also a limited supply of people willing to live with the needs of a ~25 year old Porsche. My thoughts are that many people who are buying now are buying the cool scarce car and will get bored with it and move on to the next thing in 6-12 months. I cringed when I saw a picture of Kendall Jenner (or at least some Kardashian) driving one.
Yeah, I thought the same thing and have owned mine now for 5 years! Last iteration of the Air Cooled 911s …. Prices will continue to climb

Last edited by Gbos1; 06-23-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:07 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Can't stand the Kardashian clan. I don't know I agree with self made. Her handlers used celebrity and their already vast fortune to her advantage. Without previous fame and outside help it would never have happened. I think Ray Jay should get a few million every year. Without the famous video, we would never know these people.

Her driving a 993 is only bothersome because of bringing the idea of the 993 to her legion of idiot fans. Yes, it's way cooler than a Bentley and I at least give her credit for driving one.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:48 AM
toona
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

I used to think this about ceramic Rolex Daytona's

"I'm far from an expert and I'm wrong about this stuff often. I have been eyeing 993s for about 5 years. I start looking at them then move on to something else, but then I circle back around to wanting one. I'm casually looking for the right car now. I want to buy it right and not buy into the current mania that seems to be affecting most things, not just Porsches. I have to think this graph is somewhat correct. My guess is the fall won't be severe, but probably will happen. Yes, there is a limited supply of these cars, but there is also a limited supply of people willing to live with the needs of a ~25 year old Porsche. My thoughts are that many people who are buying now are buying the cool scarce car and will get bored with it and move on to the next thing in 6-12 months."
Old 06-23-2021, 01:51 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,467 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by toona
I used to think this about ceramic Rolex Daytona's

"I'm far from an expert and I'm wrong about this stuff often. I have been eyeing 993s for about 5 years. I start looking at them then move on to something else, but then I circle back around to wanting one. I'm casually looking for the right car now. I want to buy it right and not buy into the current mania that seems to be affecting most things, not just Porsches. I have to think this graph is somewhat correct. My guess is the fall won't be severe, but probably will happen. Yes, there is a limited supply of these cars, but there is also a limited supply of people willing to live with the needs of a ~25 year old Porsche. My thoughts are that many people who are buying now are buying the cool scarce car and will get bored with it and move on to the next thing in 6-12 months."
Haha, so true. I bought my Daytona at $5k over list and felt like a fool.

Now it’s pushing $27k over list.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:00 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Rolex, Air Cooled wide booty Porsches and the kardashians are inevitably intertwined for the remainder of history. We all have to learn to live with that new fact...
Old 06-23-2021, 02:02 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Another one to keep an eye on: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-s-26/

BAT is just killing it lately with all these 993 WB coming out of the woodwork as market offerings..

Quick Reply: 993 WB Values are UP!!!