Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 - Well optioned base or poverty spec GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2024, 03:58 AM
IWantMy911
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 992.2 - Well optioned base or poverty spec GTS?

Playing around with the 992.2 configurator. Assuming car's going to be a daily driver mainly to and from work, highway miles, NE USA, driving in light snow in winter at best. No plans for track.

Which would you choose? Trying to keep total costs somewhat similar.

Well optioned base - PSZ1QLF5

Lighted optioned GTS - PSDXBEE1

Old 06-12-2024, 05:04 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by IWantMy911
Playing around with the 992.2 configurator. Assuming car's going to be a daily driver mainly to and from work, highway miles, NE USA, driving in light snow in winter at best. No plans for track.

Lightly optioned GTS.

No brainer.

Edit: Added premium package to your build that increases total MSRP by $500.

Last edited by itrocks4u; 06-12-2024 at 05:09 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by itrocks4u:
BED997 (06-14-2024), CarmineGT3 (06-14-2024), catdog2 (06-15-2024), Ksdaoski (06-12-2024), lifelong_fan (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 06:49 AM
melhechi
Banned

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

Go for the GTS, you say its lightly optioned but I think it has everything, most of what is needed now comes standard with the GTS.

However, as @itrocks4u said choose the premium package it's only $510 more and you will get ACC and PAS.

Moreover, do not delete the GTS Model Designation, I can understand on the base but not on the GTS.

Also, think of another interior color option to go with the Vanadium, if you want leather try the Black/Bordeaux Red, or the Black Race-Tex and you will be able to save $340 for the Race-Tex and $840 for ventilated seats.

Last edited by melhechi; 06-12-2024 at 06:50 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by melhechi:
3RsInCarrera (06-13-2024), catdog2 (06-15-2024), Timeless992 (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 07:24 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 749 Likes on 325 Posts

I was in the same position . My original GTS build was a full spec until I started really digging deep on the hybrid all the way back to its origins and why Porsche even implemented it . It ;led me to bail out completely . Even a poverty spec costs enough that it should have no doubts . I was the number 1 slot and it was hard to let it go . I switched to a Base car mores as a place marker and actually did a poverty spec of that . Loading up a base car is IMO ridiculous . Mine came out to 140. My GTS came to 195 . My poverty spec GTS came to 177.

I am also looking at used Gt3's . They are ridiculously marked up.

I really am stalemated . I could even buy my former GTS back bur I am over it . I want something new . I have a modded 997.1 Turbo that I find more exciting than all of the cars . I picked keeping it over my GTS . A 200K car should be so good that I ought too be willing to sell everything to have it and outside ion a Gt3 I cant think of anything . The hybrid GTS really put me into a pickle .

So being that I am stalemated I am doing NOTHING . I bought stocks yesterday with my GTS money and picked up a CPO Base Macan to tool around in with only 6K miles (retired service loaner ) .

I can wait . The safest bet is a stripped Base car if 911 withdrawals are setting in . Heres mine . I dont see it happening though unless I am desperate .https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...ection-summary
Old 06-12-2024, 01:15 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I was in the same position . My original GTS build was a full spec until I started really digging deep on the hybrid all the way back to its origins and why Porsche even implemented it . It ;led me to bail out completely . Even a poverty spec costs enough that it should have no doubts . I was the number 1 slot and it was hard to let it go . I switched to a Base car mores as a place marker and actually did a poverty spec of that . Loading up a base car is IMO ridiculous . Mine came out to 140. My GTS came to 195 . My poverty spec GTS came to 177.

I am also looking at used Gt3's . They are ridiculously marked up.

I really am stalemated . I could even buy my former GTS back bur I am over it . I want something new . I have a modded 997.1 Turbo that I find more exciting than all of the cars . I picked keeping it over my GTS . A 200K car should be so good that I ought too be willing to sell everything to have it and outside ion a Gt3 I cant think of anything . The hybrid GTS really put me into a pickle .

So being that I am stalemated I am doing NOTHING . I bought stocks yesterday with my GTS money and picked up a CPO Base Macan to tool around in with only 6K miles (retired service loaner ) .

I can wait . The safest bet is a stripped Base car if 911 withdrawals are setting in . Heres mine . I dont see it happening though unless I am desperate .https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...ection-summary
"started really digging deep on the hybrid all the way back to its origins and why Porsche even implemented it . It ;led me to bail out completely"

What did you find?
Old 06-12-2024, 01:36 PM
bleffler
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in similar boat at you, trying to decide between well optioned base and GTS. I was told by my dealer that the ADM on GTS could be anywhere from $25K-$40K though, so ended up going with the well optioned base, with no ADM. Not sure where you are located, but that GTS build you have is probably more like $200K or more + taxes out the door given the large ADM, not $175K plus taxes.
Old 06-12-2024, 01:46 PM
lifelong_fan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Tough call--we are deciding between a fully optioned (incl. PTS) Base Cabriolet or a low-spec GTS cabriolet here in Germany. I just can't justify close to 40k in options on a base model. The GTS is great out of the gate for my taste and would only need 10k in options (assuming no PTS)...all without ADM.

I considered waiting for a T and a stick, but the config options on the T will (I assume) be limited. I am also assuming the S will be a lower tune of t-hybrid to the GTS and then the minor price delta would point me to GTS. (as it did with a 992.1 a couple of years ago)...
Old 06-12-2024, 02:28 PM
Defrag
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

If you are doing lot of highways miles, I wouldnt go for GTS, and if you can - I would wait for S/4s and spec that in-between base and GTS. Gts has overall less sound dampening (which is painfull enough in 992.1 at highway speeds, especially sound from tires), way harder suspension, car is heavier (higher gas use) etc.

This is coming from driving all 992.1 models though. To be honest, its all theoretical until we've driven the new cars.
Old 06-12-2024, 02:29 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 853 Likes on 523 Posts

Instead of asking others, none of which have even driven either, which you should get, I suggest you asking yourselves the following questions:
Do you like and appreciate the unique style elements of the GTS? Based on how you deleted pretty much all of these things on your GTS build, it's clear to me the answer is no and you prefer to exercise more styling freedom yourself.
Are you okay or not with being an early adopter of a new powertrain?
Do you have any plans to do any performance modifications in the future at all?

Despite the knee jerk reaction to tell you to get a GTS because it's faster, I can see you've gone out of your way to make a GTS not look like a GTS so perhaps you might be happier long term with the base that you've spec'd. I do strongly recommend you upsize the wheels though as the 19" fronts look very small on the 992.
The following 3 users liked this post by rasetsu:
alaris (06-12-2024), fanboy (06-12-2024), PSPorsche (06-15-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 02:44 PM
net
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in the same boat I don't think the base + options is worth it in comparison with the GTS. The only problem for me is I won't get the GTS anytime soon (2nd/3rd Quarter of 2025) where base I can have it by December.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:16 PM
fanboy
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Instead of asking others, none of which have even driven either, which you should get, I suggest you asking yourselves the following questions:
Do you like and appreciate the unique style elements of the GTS? Based on how you deleted pretty much all of these things on your GTS build, it's clear to me the answer is no and you prefer to exercise more styling freedom yourself.
Are you okay or not with being an early adopter of a new powertrain?
Do you have any plans to do any performance modifications in the future at all?

Despite the knee jerk reaction to tell you to get a GTS because it's faster, I can see you've gone out of your way to make a GTS not look like a GTS so perhaps you might be happier long term with the base that you've spec'd. I do strongly recommend you upsize the wheels though as the 19" fronts look very small on the 992.
^ This. It's telling you're asking a group of people who've honestly not SEEN either, let alone driven one. I recommend either A) choose the base since it's the best known case, or B) wait until the GTS is released and people have had a chance to drive it before you make a choice. If I was to knee-jerk it right now I'd pick A. You have a better chance of knowing where you'll be in 3 years with that choice.
The following users liked this post:
alaris (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 03:22 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by melhechi

Moreover, do not delete the GTS Model Designation, I can understand on the base but not on the GTS.
Tell me this looks **** with no GTS designation on the rear?

Black Olive

Old 06-12-2024, 03:27 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Personally, I think your C2 has way too many options, but I know you didn't ask for that opinion. If you can actually get an allocation for both without ADM and you are firm in the way you spec'ed them, you should 100% go for GTS. The old me might say a nicely optioned base with all the bells and whistles you want is the way to go, but having gone from a nicely optioned 992.1 C2 to a GTS myself, it's an easy choice even with your use case. Just know that the drives will be significantly different and the C2 will likely be a more comfortable/compliant DD...

Last edited by slwong23; 06-12-2024 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-12-2024, 03:52 PM
Timeless992
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Tell me this looks **** with no GTS designation on the rear?

Black Olive
It doesn't look ****, but show that GTS... I do agree with the other guy.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:53 PM
Timeless992
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Go with the GTS, even if you have to wait sometime.

Quick Reply: 992.2 - Well optioned base or poverty spec GTS?