Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 - Well optioned base or poverty spec GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 01:51 AM
Corsa Forged
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Perfect spec mate, cheers

Follow us on Instagram: @Corsawheels / Facebook @Corsa Forged
Sales: Corsaforged@gmail.com // +813.449.0349

Old 07-01-2024, 04:05 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Nidal
with all due honesty, and I have a loaded base 992.1.The only thing that limits the experience in my opinion is lack of PTV and RAS
It makes a significant difference in the experience
the Top dog S/T doesn't have RAS
Old 07-01-2024, 04:54 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
the Top dog S/T doesn't have RAS
Just different purposes. Dakar and GT3 RS have ras. Even in a 992 4GTS I enjoyed ras.

I need to switch the parking spots 😂

Last edited by GT3; 07-01-2024 at 04:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2024, 11:16 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 756 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by IWantMy911
Everyone, you've all added great insight into my dilemma. I'm thoroughly enjoying becoming a part of this community

In case anyone's wondering I got a 992.2 C2 allocation specced to about 150. I'm on a couple GTS waitlists "just in case" I change my mind later on, but I'm personally not a fan of the vertical fins, the "T-hybrid" decal, or the unproven drivetrain. I'm also fairly young and this'll be my first Porsche as a daily, so if I enjoy the car, I'll probably start climbing the ladder later on haha.
I think you have a safe bet with the Base car unless you decide to wait . Porsche has been tight lipped on all the other models . Rumor brings back things like a manual in a Carrera T and Base turbo . No one knows if the Gt3 will be hybrid or non . I am waiting but if I had tol buy now I would have taken the Base slot I was offered (delivery was Aug 30) . Porsche is making the Base cars . GTS is first quarter 25 is what I was told . I have not seen even one promo video of the Base car . That makes it even more desirable IMO . I did spec all of the cars with a stripped Base at 140K and a modest one at 150. Poverty spec GTS was 175 and a full spec was 195 .

I had somewhat of the opposite logic to your thread title , If I bought a base it was going ti be stripped . It hedges the downside loss if a later trim is amazing . Had I bought a GTS it was going to be a full spec . It would have meant I did the research and felt comfortable and committed to the car . You know where that went . GTS is100 percent off the table for me . The same will apply to any other hybrid . I would just keep my modded 997.1 Turbo and drive SUVs on the street . I have done it for one month for the first time in my life and it's not been too bad at all . At 200+K for a car Porsche has to have me doing cartwheels on my lawn with excitement and with zero doubts . I do have confidence in the Base car . Thats my vote for you

Quick Reply: 992.2 - Well optioned base or poverty spec GTS?