Got a 992.2 allocation

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2024, 09:02 AM
bleffler
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bleffler
Congrats guys!

my c2 is scheduled to go to step 4 Monday 7/22. Odd thing is that it’s scheduled to finish production 8/20 (1 month duration?!). My guess is you guys got into production with just enough time to finish before August plant closure, while I may miss finishing prior to closure? Here’s to hoping we all get our cars in August!

Great news on my end. As noted in previous post above, my estimated production duration was nearly a month, likely due to shutdown of plant. I started step 4 Monday, and was surprised this morning to receive email saying production done and car ready for transport, and received below photos! So there is some hope for any of you in similar situation to me where your production started this past week but shows long estimated production duration.

Still sitting on step 4 but assuming that should get updated soon.

Very happy with how the spec turned out! Now to hope to get on a ship quickly!

The following 5 users liked this post by bleffler:
fanboy (07-27-2024), J Irwan (08-02-2024), MAXFPS (07-27-2024), M_B_F (07-27-2024), RatherJaded (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 09:16 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 917 Posts

Great news on my end. As noted in previous post above, my estimated production duration was nearly a month, likely due to shutdown of plant. I started step 4 Monday, and was surprised this morning to receive email saying production done and car ready for transport, and received below photos! So there is some hope for any of you in similar situation to me where your production started this past week but shows long estimated production duration.

Congrats! As a former Shark Blue owner I greatly appreciate that Lugano Blue is a shade or two darker. It looks great!
The following users liked this post:
bleffler (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 10:52 AM
M_B_F
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats, great looking build. Are those wheels done in Anthracite Grey?
Old 07-27-2024, 10:54 AM
bleffler
Intermediate

Originally Posted by M_B_F
Congrats, great looking build. Are those wheels done in Anthracite Grey?
yup. Felt with the gloss black all around that the anthracite grey upgrade was needed. The standard rs wheels where to silver/shiny imo.
Old 07-27-2024, 11:12 AM
M_B_F
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

yup. Felt with the gloss black all around that the anthracite grey upgrade was needed. The standard rs wheels where to silver/shiny imo.
My spec has the standard RS, but really like the way yours came out. Its too late now but the Anthracite is a good blend between the light wheels and black wheels.
Old 07-27-2024, 11:15 AM
bleffler
Intermediate

Originally Posted by M_B_F
My spec has the standard RS, but really like the way yours came out. Its too late now but the Anthracite is a good blend between the light wheels and black wheels.
Thanks! You can always get powder coated later. Will prob save you money vs the upgrade cost I paid!
M_B_F (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 09:10 PM
bleffler
Intermediate

Anybody with a 992.2 coming order the clear sidemarkers yet? I see mine are orange in post production photos. Suncoast has them but they only appear in 992.1 parts so wondering if they fit 992.2 also. Anyone know?
yellolab (07-28-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 09:15 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
Moving Quickly...Ordered 07/08/24...Porsche Code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PSJHEH32

It appears you are using the FOLLOW YOUR DREAM on MY PORSCHE phone APP. The phone APP seems to provide more info that the PC version. Does your APP show estimated dates for the following steps? In my case I have a V200 status
which means delivery date established but I am in Step 1 (ORDER PLACED) in Follow My Dream and the following milestones to delivery show but I see no dates - Just DATE NOT ESTABLISHED. I am trying to find out at what step the estimated date or date range shows for the whole story. The report of ORDER STATUS that only the dealer can call up has dates and range of dates leading to delivery. Someone else I know can see such future date estimates in FOLLOW MY DREAM when called up from phone but not available in PC version.The dates show under tab "DiscoverAll Steps". Question is for anyone using FOLLOW MY DREAM.

Last edited by mathus7; 07-27-2024 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2024, 09:25 PM
fanboy
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
It appears you are using the FOLLOW YOUR DREAM on MY PORSCHE phone APP. The phone APP seems to provide more info that the PC version. Does your APP show estimated dates for the following steps? In my case I have a V200 status
which means delivery date established but I am in Step 1 (ORDER PLACED) in Follow My Dream and the following milestones to delivery show but I see no dates - Just DATE NOT ESTABLISHED. I am trying to find out at what step the estimated date or date range shows for the whole story. The report of ORDER STATUS that only the dealer can call up has dates and range of dates leading to delivery. Someone else I know can see such dfuture date estimates in FOLLOW MY DREAM was called up from phone but not available in PC version. Question is for anyone using FOLLOW MY DREAM.
only the dealer sees estimated dates it seems. Just ask your SA for a screenshot of your order. Mine was happy to provide it.
Old 07-27-2024, 09:36 PM
mathus7
Racer

Originally Posted by fanboy
only the dealer sees estimated dates it seems. Just ask your SA for a screenshot of your order. Mine was happy to provide it.
NO - I witnessed myself that they are available on iPhone APP in FOLLOW MY DREAM. The car a friend has on order is also Step 1 but with an earlier delivery than my case. I thought same as your response until I witnessed the projected
dates on friends phone.
Old 07-27-2024, 09:53 PM
bleffler
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mathus7
NO - I witnessed myself that they are available on iPhone APP in FOLLOW MY DREAM. The car a friend has on order is also Step 1 but with an earlier delivery than my case. I thought same as your response until I witnessed the projected
dates on friends phone.
My future dates all show not scheduled. I have yet to see screenshots of a 992.2 order with dates provided. Only 992.1 models still being made show dates from what I’ve seen. Your dealer can definitely provide the dates though.
Old 07-27-2024, 10:15 PM
mathus7
Racer

My future dates all show not scheduled. I have yet to see screenshots of a 992.2 order with dates provided. Only 992.1 models still being made show dates from what I’ve seen. Your dealer can definitely provide the dates though.
The screen shots I saw were for a 2025 Cayman GTS 4.0. In my case of a GTS 992.2 the scheduled estimated dates only show on the dealer report.
Old 07-27-2024, 10:19 PM
mathus7
Racer

Where are posted comments from 2025 911 992.2 Carrera GTS orders? All I see are mine and one other both dated ORDER RECEIVED and July 9. Surely more viewers of this forum have 992.2 GTS models on order?
Old 07-27-2024, 11:49 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by fanboy
Not fully accurate as the App displays the date ranges. Click on “Discover current phase” and then proceeded to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Display all states”

Last edited by RatherJaded; 07-27-2024 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2024, 12:00 AM
mathus7
Racer

Originally Posted by RatherJaded
Not fully accurate as the App displays the date ranges. Click on “Discover current phase” and then proceeded to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Display all states”
Dealer screen also shows estimated date ranges for most future events until actually firm schedule..

Last edited by mathus7; 07-28-2024 at 12:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Got a 992.2 allocation