Sponsored by:

992.2 Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2024, 07:35 PM
Airbus Gangster
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Center lock wheels for a vehicle primarily used for public roads is an overkill as well as a potential PITA.
Must be why people buy cars with them then...
Old 05-31-2024, 07:41 PM
autozero
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 3520MMF
Which model 992.2 are you buying.
This is my daily, so I'm happy to buy a base C2 for that purpose...kind of wild that I'll be driving a $150k daily around but I prefer to enjoy each commute.
Old 05-31-2024, 07:47 PM
3520MMF
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by autozero
This is my daily, so I'm happy to buy a base C2 for that purpose...kind of wild that I'll be driving a $150k daily around but I prefer to enjoy each commute.

Thats great, I feel there is a lot to like with the standard 992.2 C2 with all the improvements. Yes there may be some things that people feel they went in the wrong direction but for the 5k increase over the 24 your getting a lot.
The following users liked this post:
autozero (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 07:47 PM
Jrezaf
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

I can only hope the .2 haters stay the course. Maybe it will help for my allocation.
I felt the same when Patek released the 5811, as everyone cried foul if size and material choice. Then again I was able to get it as my first Nautilus 2 years later so maybe there is some merit in that train of thought 🤔.
Old 05-31-2024, 07:53 PM
3520MMF
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jrezaf
I felt the same when Patek released the 5811, as everyone cried foul if size and material choice. Then again I was able to get it as my first Nautilus 2 years later so maybe there is some merit in that train of thought 🤔.

Wow that’s a heavy hitter and you’ve done very very well with appreciation which is always a unknown
Old 05-31-2024, 07:55 PM
autozero
Instructor

Thats great, I feel there is a lot to like with the standard 992.2 C2 with all the improvements. Yes there may be some things that people feel they went in the wrong direction but for the 5k increase over the 24 your getting a lot.
I was extremely relieved that the base price 'only' went up $6k. My 2021 C2's MSRP was $144k and my current 2025 build is $148k. Major difference being my .1 C2 has PCCBs and that's not even an option on the .2. I really want a PTS .2 but I don't want to wait that long and my SA says that it'll kick delivery to 2025 if I do that (if it even gets approved)

Last edited by autozero; 05-31-2024 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2024, 08:02 PM
3520MMF
Advanced

I was extremely relieved that the base price 'only' went up $6k. My 2021 C2's MSRP was $144k and my current 2025 build is $148k. Major difference being my .1 C2 has PCCBs and that's not even an option on the .2. I really want a PTS .2 but I don't want to wait that long and my SA says that it'll kick delivery to 2025 if I do that (if it even gets approved)

Well besides cleaning your rims more often the upgraded S brakes will be very nice. Just a little more work for yourself or your detailed. I’m just hoping my allocation comes by the spring of 25 if at all. I had a light optioned 992.1 allocation request and the same will be for the .2. So I know I’m not a prime customer
Old 05-31-2024, 08:03 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,104 Likes on 2,040 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbus Gangster

I declined both the S/T and 3RS allocations at MSRP because I can't stand centerlocks.
981KMAN (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 08:10 PM
autozero
Instructor

Well besides cleaning your rims more often the upgraded S brakes will be very nice. Just a little more work for yourself or your detailed. I’m just hoping my allocation comes by the spring of 25 if at all. I had a light optioned 992.1 allocation request and the same will be for the .2. So I know I’m not a prime customer
True. I'll slightly miss having the yellow calipers but I'll get over it.

I'm not sure what market you're in but I don't think demand for the base has been off the charts based on my checks. I've actually heard from the GM at my local dealer that several customers who were waiting for a .1 order (which the GM was hoping would translate into a .2 order) cancelled their orders instead of getting a .2 moving me higher up the list. You just have to stay on your SA to get the allocation. I also know cabs are definitely not in high demand, so you could go that route. Lastly, because it's near the near the end of the month, some dealers are doing the whole "buy a Panamera/Taycan/Cayenne while you wait for your .2 and we'll get you the first allocation etc."
Old 05-31-2024, 08:20 PM
3520MMF
Advanced

True. I'll slightly miss having the yellow calipers but I'll get over it.

I'm not sure what market you're in but I don't think demand for the base has been off the charts based on my checks. I've actually heard from the GM at my local dealer that several customers who were waiting for a .1 order (which the GM was hoping would translate into a .2 order) cancelled their orders instead of getting a .2 moving me higher up the list. You just have to stay on your SA to get the allocation. I also know cabs are definitely not in high demand, so you could go that route. Lastly, because it's near the near the end of the month, some dealers are doing the whole "buy a Panamera/Taycan/Cayenne while you wait for your .2 and we'll get you the first allocation etc."

I’m in NY. Had an allocation request with deposit for a MSRP car since Feb 23. The Sales Manager and SA have been good with communication. We recently spoke in March and he said it was looking like the allocation will be for a .2. I know my light build doesn’t help but the SA hasn’t pushed anything on me at all to up the build which I’ve heard many do. But I will reach out to the SA again to go over my new build even though he said it would carry over to the .2.
Old 05-31-2024, 08:40 PM
poutine
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cptcolo0
I think the model to get will actually be the new Carrera 4. It looks like it will not be in the line-up for 2025, but I assume it would be available for 2026. The base Carrera now has larger brakes, the turbos from the 992.1 GTS, and the intercooler from the 992.1 Turbo. The new 992.2 base Carrera should be as tunable as the old 992.1 S car, probably close to 600hp. The Carrera 4 has the added benefit of the limited slip differential (LSP) for the rear wheels and AWD to better put down the high power, pull through corners, and drive in icy / snowy conditions. It will still not have the manual available though.

The new Carrera T (RWD only) would seem like it might be a better opinion still, but it has limited interior options and they removed some of the sound deadening.

The new Carrera S / 4S might still be the best choice, we will have to wait and see what they come out with.

The new Carrera GTS is very expensive now, has many undesirable (IMO) options like PDCC as standard, removed sound deading, making everything black, harsher ride, standard sports exhaust, and center lock wheels.

The rumored new RWD Turbo manual sounds very interesting, but it also sounds like it will be something that is in high demand and will difficult to get. Also since it is a Turbo it will be expensive. Still it might end up being the best choice. I really hope it will look good, I don't care for the active aero vents on the GTS.
Bet a lot of people are waiting for S , me one of them lol
Old 05-31-2024, 08:41 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by JohsonChou
This is quote from the press release.

"The 911 GTS also uses a newly developed, electrically driven turbocharger. An integrated electric motor, placed between the compressor wheel and the turbine wheel, speeds up the turbocharger very quickly to develop boost. This electric motor in the turbocharger also functions as a generator and can develop up to 11 kW using the exhaust gas stream. The electric turbocharger is not equipped with a wastegate and allows for the use of a single turbocharger compared to the two that were used previously while simultaneously improving throttle response and performance."

Up to 11kW. not 11kW at full load. Also one motor.
there is a separate motor in the transmission. Two e-motors. And the Car & Driver article is pretty clear that the exhaust regen is generating more power at full load. It’s used to keep the turbos under their limits and it dumps excess energy beyond the 11kw.
CanAutM3 (06-01-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 08:53 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbus Gangster
What people like and what is realistic for daily use are totally different things, but you do you.
alex2364 (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 08:55 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,657 Likes on 5,110 Posts

...I think the Porsche 992.1 interior is stunning particularly in one of the colored options and I love how customizable it is. My only complaint about the 992.2 (which I have an allocation for) is that the new start/stop button (which is the same one from the Panamera) is surprisingly cheap. BMW, Mercedes and pretty much every premium brand puts a lot of care and attention into the start button --- and Porsche used to as well. Also getting rid of the analog tach is a bit of a disappointment but not a dealbreaker though I wish there was a colored screen option on the lower trims. I'm just happy there's still an analog sportchrono meter.

I don't understand why it's so wrong to give Porsche constructive criticism --- especially from actual customers such as myself.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, and Porsche should welcome it (as a brand and as an ongoing concern).

My point is that these criticisms have been extant since the very first 911.

Cheap interior, too much tech, too heavy, too expensive, etc. That's always been the blowback in each generation of 911s.

This isn't directed at you (so please don't take it this way), but it's like people who still complain about the "Braun" shifter, or not being able to see the dash because it's obstructed by the steering wheel.

Move on.

If you don't like it, don't buy a 911. It's a discretionary luxury good, not an essential like food and shelter.

Complaining that the 992.2 911 is too expensive is sort of like going to the ballpark and complaining that the beer is too watery and overpriced. Duh, did you really expect bottled craft brew for $1?
The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
alaris (06-01-2024), AlexCeres (06-01-2024), dixonk (06-02-2024), rmb1973 (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 10:01 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 421 Likes on 252 Posts

My only complaint about the 992.2 (which I have an allocation for) is that the new start/stop button (which is the same one from the Panamera) is surprisingly cheap.
I bet you could easily retrofit the turn-to-start assembly in place of the new push-to-start assembly.
The cutout in the dash is the same.
Some of the light control buttons may not function the same because the new model has less buttons, but that's a small matter.

Quick Reply: 992.2 Info