Sponsored by:

Never thought I'd see this day, I initiated a buy-back claim with Porsche NA

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 05:43 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 383 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by tmslc
992s are all rattle machines. it’s baked in the cake.
I disagree based on the first 7000mi in my '23 with frequent hard driving in the mountains with the stereo off. Data point of one and all but it's the one that's most relevant to me.
The following users liked this post:
jlegelis (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 05:58 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 681 Likes on 261 Posts

I feel for you it is rotten luck that this has happened, to your car.
I think if you have a warranty repair the Porsche dealers staff should do a good job, I have had similar issue with a BMW and it all worked out fine.
So I wouldn't get to down?
I am about to close my spec and have Park assist front and rear including reversing camera, I was on the fence as to whether include surround view for an exrtra £841.00 but with your experience am thinking I might leave it off.
I hope you come to a satisfactory resolution one way or the other that leaves you comfortable with your decision.
The cars are are worth every penny even if the experience getting them is somehow fowled for many?
Good luck, Best Devon Racer.
remington (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 07:11 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 701 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
A quick google search would have worked. They also deduct for usage but also include interest paid on the loan. Here ya go:

https://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemon...tion-guideline
Thanks for that. Way too many "mays" in there for me. I thought it was chapter and verse of a FL statute.

Decent guidelines and a walk through.
Old 09-15-2023, 07:15 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 472 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
Thanks for that. Way too many "mays" in there for me. I thought it was chapter and verse of a FL statute.

Decent guidelines and a walk through.
I can’t speak for other states, but the AG was super helpful. I called the AG and had a person walk me through the process. She stayed my contact the entire time and always had time to help me. I did not feel the need for a lawyer at any point.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:51 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

If your issue was in fact the wiring harness, not entirely surprising.
Spring of 2022 there were numerous news reports of VW, Porsche, and BMW having a shortage of wire harnesses after the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine reportedly exported 7% of all wire harnesses for the European Union. Perhaps a new supplier starting up production had quality control issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tompoodie:
Nein Eleven (09-16-2023), remington (09-15-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 03:25 PM
Bollwerk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM (992 GTS)

Originally Posted by remington
This was my 4th Porsche, but first that I have factory ordered. The other 3 had zero issues but I didn't have the emotional investment I do with this one, having spec'd it myself. It's been a gut-punch.
OMG you are the first person on this planet to have exact the same camera issues as I have! My story sounds more or less the same. My Delivery was Nov. 22.

I‘m at the point that they change all wires and another module, if this doesn‘t help they replace the car 1:1 or I can step back from the whole contract.

I can relate so much, I ordered this car as a big achievement in my career at 30 and I can‘t enjoy it as much as I would love to… Its a very special spec with many (expensive) manufacturing parts!

I live in Switzerland so it happens also on the other side of the world. I don‘t really know that to do….

Cheers Mate
Old 09-18-2023, 03:46 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,455 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Bollwerk
OMG you are the first person on this planet to have exact the same camera issues as I have! My story sounds more or less the same. My Delivery was Nov. 22.

I‘m at the point that they change all wires and another module, if this doesn‘t help they replace the car 1:1 or I can step back from the whole contract.

I can relate so much, I ordered this car as a big achievement in my career at 30 and I can‘t enjoy it as much as I would love to… Its a very special spec with many (expensive) manufacturing parts!

I live in Switzerland so it happens also on the other side of the world. I don‘t really know that to do….

Cheers Mate
I'm very sorry to hear that. Having had a painful 3 month education on this problem, I can tell you that changing the cameras and the module won't fix it, changing the wiring might, changing the two side camera wiring is not a massive job, changing the front and back camera wiring involves very extensive disassembly of the interior.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:57 PM
Bollwerk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear that. Having had a painful 3 month education on this problem, I can tell you that changing the cameras and the module won't fix it, changing the wiring might, changing the two side camera wiring is not a massive job, changing the front and back camera wiring involves very extensive disassembly of the interior.
That’s very helpful to know, thank you! Let you know how this ended….
Old 09-18-2023, 08:06 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 376 Posts

Based on your original screen shot (below) in the other thread, this doesn't feel like a 'single camera' or 'single wire' issue but rather something 'centralized'. In other words, 'all cameras not working' 10% of the time *really* feels like a PCM issue or other failure at a nexus common to all cameras, and frankly reeks of a software or timing bug since shutting the car down seems to 'fix' things for a while....

Questions:
- After all the work you've had done, do the cameras still fail 10% of the time, or now *all the time* (easier to diagnose)? Do things still work again for a while after the car is powered down?
- Have they checked / reflashed / updated the PCM? There have been updates to address some issues (guessing you have PCM 6 since your car is new)
- Have the wizards in Atlanta connected to your car remotely to provide a full diagnostic, or is the $tealer merely doing the typical 'replace and pray' strategy?

Bottom line is I'd insist on more proactive analysis / diagnostics (which they hate) to help isolate this issue before any more so called repairs are attempted. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2023, 01:19 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlegelis
Based on your original screen shot (below) in the other thread, this doesn't feel like a 'single camera' or 'single wire' issue but rather something 'centralized'. In other words, 'all cameras not working' 10% of the time *really* feels like a PCM issue or other failure at a nexus common to all cameras, and frankly reeks of a software or timing bug since shutting the car down seems to 'fix' things for a while....

Questions:
- After all the work you've had done, do the cameras still fail 10% of the time, or now *all the time* (easier to diagnose)? Do things still work again for a while after the car is powered down?
- Have they checked / reflashed / updated the PCM? There have been updates to address some issues (guessing you have PCM 6 since your car is new)
- Have the wizards in Atlanta connected to your car remotely to provide a full diagnostic, or is the $tealer merely doing the typical 'replace and pray' strategy?

Bottom line is I'd insist on more proactive analysis / diagnostics (which they hate) to help isolate this issue before any more so called repairs are attempted. Good luck.
Thanks for your thoughts. I haven't actually had the car in my possession for over 2 months so I can't speak to how often the fault is occurring now but previously it was happening about 25% of the time. Porsche has a step-wise protocol for fixing this, they replace the cameras first, then the control module, then the wiring loom. It is a flawed protocol IMO and I am not aware of anything other than replacing the wiring that has fixed in the problem in the very limited number of people I have heard from that have actually had it fixed. Currently they are replacing the wiring, it's somewhat out of my control in terms of how they are choosing to fix the problem at this point as I am in the middle of a buy-back and they car will likely not be mine for long.
Icegrill (09-19-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:09 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Update : 1 week after initially filing a buy-back claim with Porsche, I received a call saying the buyback had been approved. Original purchase price +taxes + the service contract I purchased. The car is still being repaired and in the outside chance it is repaired prior to finalizing the buy-back I have the option of accepting the car back and getting some as-yet unspecified compensation.
The following 9 users liked this post by remington:
adrianp89 (09-21-2023), alin2 (09-21-2023), Icegrill (09-21-2023), Macboy (10-08-2023), Nein Eleven (09-22-2023), PHX (09-21-2023), PorscheLover1963 (09-21-2023), Ray K. (09-21-2023), slwong23 (09-22-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:18 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Update : 1 week after initially filing a buy-back claim with Porsche, I received a call saying the buyback had been approved. Original purchase price +taxes + the service contract I purchased. The car is still being repaired and in the outside chance it is repaired prior to finalizing the buy-back I have the option of accepting the car back and getting some as-yet unspecified compensation.
Great news!

Did they happen to offer you first allocation?
remington (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:24 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Great news!

Did they happen to offer you first allocation?
They offered me their next allocation which is a C4S that locks in 3 wks, at MSRP. I told them no thanks. After having gone through this whole process over the course of a year I'm not feeling it right now., plus I ordered a Base for my reasons and don't really want a C4S. Maybe again after my head clears.
The following 4 users liked this post by remington:
adrianp89 (09-21-2023), Icegrill (09-21-2023), jlegelis (09-21-2023), Motorin Mark (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:26 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

Glad to hear they are respecting your case. You win either way at this point
remington (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:29 PM
adrianp89
Pro

They offered me their next allocation which is a C4S that locks in 3 wks, at MSRP. I told them no thanks. After having gone through this whole process over the course of a year I'm not feeling it right now., plus I ordered a Base for my reasons and don't really want a C4S. Maybe again after my head clears.
Crap situation but I am glad to hear you are being taken care of and an allocation was offered.
remington (09-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Never thought I'd see this day, I initiated a buy-back claim with Porsche NA