Sponsored by:

Never thought I'd see this day, I initiated a buy-back claim with Porsche NA

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 10:30 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by threatZERO
Hey bro, can I please have your template that you used? I've been out of my car for 2 months (combined) and the issues have not been resolved.

Thanks so much.
I don't have a template per say, I simply called PCNA and opened a claim for compensation with them over the phone. They conduct an investigation and get back to you. Good luck, sorry to hear you're having problems.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:06 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
I don't have a template per say, I simply called PCNA and opened a claim for compensation with them over the phone. They conduct an investigation and get back to you. Good luck, sorry to hear you're having problems.

I know this is an old thread but very relevant to my situation, some back round I finally received my 2024 911 T in October of 2023 and in late February the check engine light came on I made a service appointment.
I dropped the car off thinking nothing major until I received a call from Porsche service dept letting me know they have found metal shavings in the oil pan, I was told the engine needs to be replaced.
I called PCNA on February 27th to initiate a buyback as of March 19 2024 they are still working on the buyback. they have had my car 25 calendar days which the lemon law can be used after 20 days in the repair shop.
According to service manager they have ordered the engine but has not shipped as of today. What was your experience with PCNA ? Were they in contact with you?
I have not started any action with lemon law on the advise of the dealership according to them PCNA is more favorable towards you if working directly together.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 02:10 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 390 Likes on 236 Posts

Sounds like they just bought themselves a 2024 911 T.

Another victory for the JIT method of production scheduling and the TFL method of spare-parts inventory management.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:30 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
Sounds like they just bought themselves a 2024 911 T.

Another victory for the JIT method of production scheduling and the TFL method of spare-parts inventory management.
Hoping for a buyout and an allocation, this happened at wrong time I was ready to trade for a GT3 on the lot at my local dealer and this happened.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Mine was in the shop for three months, three weeks and one day before I got a semi-working car back that the dealership had to fly a tech up to finally fix (Gateway module not properly enabled, steering adaptation not configured, car not cleaned...). An utter disgrace.

I was with you on the buy-back as if the car wasn't running perfectly after the Tech came up the car was going back to Porsche. TOWMBO said you are NOT or EVER buying another Porsche.

At that point I was so deep into looking for a 71 Cuda 426 or 383 that I really was looking forward to getting rid of the car. The issue was minor if the Gold Tech had listened to my suggestion of a corrupt ConBox (car totally dead) but he decided to ignore the car for 2 + months. It's only after I contacted the President of the dealership chain (they're based in WA and own a plethora of car makes other than Porsche/Audi/VW, MB, Chevrolet...) that things got moving.

I've got a little over a year left on the warranty with a single dealership in the State 375 miles away. I will be watching my 992 like a hawk because I'm not going through that again; EVER. On the plus side I didn't put a lot of miles on my winter tires...

siberian
Tedster (03-21-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 10:45 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Evolution1
I know this is an old thread but very relevant to my situation, some back round I finally received my 2024 911 T in October of 2023 and in late February the check engine light came on I made a service appointment.
I dropped the car off thinking nothing major until I received a call from Porsche service dept letting me know they have found metal shavings in the oil pan, I was told the engine needs to be replaced.
I called PCNA on February 27th to initiate a buyback as of March 19 2024 they are still working on the buyback. they have had my car 25 calendar days which the lemon law can be used after 20 days in the repair shop.
According to service manager they have ordered the engine but has not shipped as of today. What was your experience with PCNA ? Were they in contact with you?
I have not started any action with lemon law on the advise of the dealership according to them PCNA is more favorable towards you if working directly together.
I found PCNA to be quite responsive and and never had to file a lemon law case with the state or engage a lawyer. I worked directly with PCNA and they made me whole. Sorry to hear that you've had a problem, sounds like a big one, although Porsche is no stranger to swapping engines on new cars, shocking how a brand with such loyalty and a good reputation for reliability has had one known engine issue or another with every single generation of 911.
Old 03-19-2024, 11:02 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

I found PCNA to be quite responsive and and never had to file a lemon law case with the state or engage a lawyer. I worked directly with PCNA and they made me whole. Sorry to hear that you've had a problem, sounds like a big one, although Porsche is no stranger to swapping engines on new cars, shocking how a brand with such loyalty and a good reputation for reliability has had one known engine issue or another with every single generation of 911.
Thats my goal is to work with PCNA I should have some resolution by the end of this week.

At this time they’re no engines available, regardless I will not accept an engine replacement on my new car.

Im asking for a buyback + plus expenses for carrying cost, taxes, motor vehicle expenses and an allocation for the 911 T or a GTS.
UPDATE

I received an email from PCNA in regards to repurchase of my 911 T, its approved !!!!. Also I can choose to keep the car with a financial incentive instead of repurchase.
I'm trying to figure out what the diminished value would be with a new engine replacement the car has 544 miles and I had for 4 months. (The car will have full warranty0
My plan was to trade it on a GTS prior of to the car crapping out on me, if I keep the car I can save money on sales tax towards the new car.
Any suggestions thoughts I would truly appreciate.

Last edited by Evolution1; 03-20-2024 at 04:54 PM. Reason: UPDATE
remington (03-21-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 09:00 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

Thats my goal is to work with PCNA I should have some resolution by the end of this week.

At this time they’re no engines available, regardless I will not accept an engine replacement on my new car.

Im asking for a buyback + plus expenses for carrying cost, taxes, motor vehicle expenses and an allocation for the 911 T or a GTS.
UPDATE

I received an email from PCNA in regards to repurchase of my 911 T, its approved !!!!. Also I can choose to keep the car with a financial incentive instead of repurchase.
I'm trying to figure out what the diminished value would be with a new engine replacement the car has 544 miles and I had for 4 months. (The car will have full warranty0
My plan was to trade it on a GTS prior of to the car crapping out on me, if I keep the car I can save money on sales tax towards the new car.
I'd probably take the comps and keep the car, then trade it for the GTS if they give you an allocation. All in, it might be a better deal for you on the GTS.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:18 PM
dak656
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

UPDATE

I think you recoup your sales tax on the buyback if you go that route, so that's probably a wash. Is a GTS allocation part of the buyback deal? Or are you waiting for an allocation?
Old 03-20-2024, 09:56 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6sigma
I'd probably take the comps and keep the car, then trade it for the GTS if they give you an allocation. All in, it might be a better deal for you on the GTS.
I would Take a 20K hit according to dealership where I bought it from, I have a week to give PCNA my decision I need to do more research.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:54 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Remington

post a pic of your car
let’s see the operating patience in post recovery
Old 03-21-2024, 12:26 AM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

I would Take a 20K hit according to dealership where I bought it from, I have a week to give PCNA my decision I need to do more research.
The dealership is saying they'd give $20k less because the car has a replacement engine? If so, I'd let them buy it back and ask for a GTS allocation for the hassle.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:25 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Remington

post a pic of your car
let’s see the operating patience in post recovery

Old 03-22-2024, 12:47 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

That's a nice looking ride. Good decision to keep it. My C2S is configured almost exactly like that.
remington (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 01:04 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

I don't think an engine swap on a new car with an engine failure depreciates the car all that much. There are a lot of valuable older Porsche out there that had engine swaps from almost new. I would want compensation more based on time in the shop.
AlexCeres (06-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Never thought I'd see this day, I initiated a buy-back claim with Porsche NA