Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never thought I'd see this day, I initiated a buy-back claim with Porsche NA

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 02:12 PM
thesandman
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in a similar boat with my 911s manual shift. The day before I was to take delivery this past April, the dealer called to say the car needed a new clutch and the repair supposedly would not show up on Carfax as the issue was picked up before delivery. Now my backup/surround camera intermittently fails. Car sat at dealership for 3 weeks before they returned it unrepaired due to backorder on the camera and harness. I contacted PNA, but never heard back for over a week. Called again and this time received an email stating it would take 7 weeks to get the parts. No offer of compensation or buyback. I love driving the car, but am frustrated and don't have confidence in keeping it beyond the warranty. I also hate the idea of my brand new car being taken apart again after the clutch repair, this time to replace the harness.

I'm in two thoughts of attempting to initiate a buyback. Is this a difficult process to initiate and are people still having success? Are there still allocations available for the current year model with manual transmission? I live and purchased the car in Massachusetts if that makes a difference
Old 06-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by thesandman
I'm in a similar boat with my 911s manual shift. The day before I was to take delivery this past April, the dealer called to say the car needed a new clutch and the repair supposedly would not show up on Carfax as the issue was picked up before delivery. Now my backup/surround camera intermittently fails. Car sat at dealership for 3 weeks before they returned it unrepaired due to backorder on the camera and harness. I contacted PNA, but never heard back for over a week. Called again and this time received an email stating it would take 7 weeks to get the parts. No offer of compensation or buyback. I love driving the car, but am frustrated and don't have confidence in keeping it beyond the warranty. I also hate the idea of my brand new car being taken apart again after the clutch repair, this time to replace the harness.

I'm in two thoughts of attempting to initiate a buyback. Is this a difficult process to initiate and are people still having success? Are there still allocations available for the current year model with manual transmission? I live and purchased the car in Massachusetts if that makes a difference
Just had my car repurchased and it’s not hard to do if it meets the lemon law, one of the requirements is that they have to fail to fix a few times or if it has been at the dealership service department for more than 20 days.

I don’t think an equipment back order qualifies for a buy back but I’m not a 100% percent sure, check your state law, Porsche prefers to work directly with you the buy back once you start mentioning attorneys they will not work with you, if it’s agreed to repurchase it will take around 3 months at least that’s how long it took for me.
If they repurchase the car they will give you the original purchase price plus sales tax motor vehicle fees dealer fees and if you financed they will figure the interest per day and also refund that if you have PPF or tints keep receipts and they will refund that also.

Porsche will not charge for mileage use if it’s 1000 miles or less.

If you need any more details pm me .
Old 06-30-2024, 06:10 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
Update : After 5.5 months since delivery and about 3 months total in the shop, the car has finally been fixed, by replacing the wiring harness in each door running to the side camera mirrors. It appears as though a small batch of harnesses were defective causing a fault that was not recognized by computer. Apparently also affects some Cayennes and possibly other Porsche models. When I picked up my car a newly delivered Cayenne GT was in the shop for the same reason. Porsche had already agreed to buy back the car, they were pretty easy to deal with, no lawyers involved, just me contacting PCNA and filing a claim. However given the relatively minor repair involving removing the door panels, I agreed to keep the car and they agreed to pay all my car payments thus far in ownership, which I think is very fair. The local dealer and service deparment were very supportive, we remained on very good terms and they kindly provided me with a Taycan for most of that time. When I went to pick up my car we had a little celebration and I brought them some Crispy Creme donuts.

If anything comes of this long thread I hope it's that anyone else affected by this fault can now communicate to their service advisor what the actual issue is, do not agree to replace all the cameras and the control modules, all of which are on back order and take forever to be shipped from Germany, it's the door wiring, which is also back ordered and took forever to be shipped from Germany LOL. Very happy to have my car back, I had almost forgotten what it was like to drive.
I’m glad this worked out for you. Enjoy that car with a huge ear-to-ear.

Quick Reply: Never thought I'd see this day, I initiated a buy-back claim with Porsche NA