Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 05:44 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by dave12x
That was my experience and gladly paid the ADM to have my new car immediately! I started my search in Feb 23 and by Apr I found my C4S and had her in hand 4 days later. I spend most of Feb/Mar calling dealers around the country and getting on lists with varying flavors of your waiting 12-24 months etc. Its at that point that I focused my attention to not getting on lists and acquiring the car, figured out what are my must have features and paying for the privilege for immediate ownership. In the end once I switch my strategy of acquiring the car vs. getting on lists it took me 30 days to not only find to find my C4S (with must haves like premium pkg, sport pkg, sunroof w/glass and front axle lift).

I found Porsche Finder extremely helpful for my search. I would put in searches around the country for what I was looking for and once it appeared, called the dealer immediately to get the out the door price. Negotiated the ADM and struck a deal. I got lucky and found my car at a local dealer and did not have to pay fees for transporting the car across the country and visiting the out of state dealer with (plane tickets + hotel room). So it was well worth it and wish you good luck in your search!
Please share your build, MSRP and ADM.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:50 PM
dave12x
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
Please share your build, MSRP and ADM.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPAQX9U7
So I paid less as my MSRP was $167,660 for my C4S 2023 (guess mine was ordered/priced before the new pricing adjustment). Based on the configurator they increased prices for the same build at $9k more. I paid $17.5k ADM. Picked it up locally, avoided transportation, travel fees while enjoying the car immediately. Had all options I wanted plus a few that I don't care about.
The following 4 users liked this post by dave12x:
johny221 (04-28-2023), Nein Eleven (04-29-2023), secondtimer (05-07-2023), Spiffx (04-28-2023)
Old 04-29-2023, 08:09 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 135 Posts

I’ve been on the MSRP waitlist at two local dealers for a year and half. Since the time I went on those lists, I reached out to many other CA dealers. Most were $15k - $20k for ADM on a Carrera S. Had I been willing to pay that, I’d already have my car.

When the 2024 price increase was announced, I was hoping the demand would drop and so would ADMs. Doesn’t seem to be the case. Then one of the dealers I called last year reached out. They had a 2023 Carrera S allocation become available that would lock in two days. ADM was $15k. I countered at $8k. We settled at $12k. I’ve done so much research and built the car multiple times on the configurator such that it took me five minutes to generate the build code.

Thus, I finally have my first Porsche on order. I went classic GT Silver Metallic, black leather interior, and of course manual transmission. Several other options got my final price before ADM to exactly $152,000. I really tried to do a flashier color or interior, but in the end I took the advice of so many on here and built it for me. I love every option I put on.

I’m still against ADMs, but in this case it’s almost a wash the cost of the ADM vs. the increase for the 2024. At least that’s how I justified it in my head. Frankly, I feel lucky to have received this allocation at the lower 2023 prices.

Now, I’m still working through the concept of spending more on this car than I did for my first and second house. That may take more therapy sessions.
The following 14 users liked this post by txpackers:
355Shawn (04-29-2023), BadlyDrawnBoy (05-01-2023), Billy Bluejay (04-29-2023), dave12x (04-29-2023), gellie (04-29-2023), Go Bruins (05-07-2023), incoming992s (04-29-2023), johny221 (04-29-2023), Motorin Mark (04-29-2023), Nein Eleven (04-29-2023), Porsche992 (04-29-2023), remington (04-29-2023), russdc (04-29-2023), Spiffx (04-29-2023) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-29-2023, 08:43 AM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 114 Posts

“A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.”
The following users liked this post:
Spiffx (04-29-2023)
Old 04-29-2023, 11:42 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
I’ve been on the MSRP waitlist at two local dealers for a year and half. Since the time I went on those lists, I reached out to many other CA dealers. Most were $15k - $20k for ADM on a Carrera S. Had I been willing to pay that, I’d already have my car.

When the 2024 price increase was announced, I was hoping the demand would drop and so would ADMs. Doesn’t seem to be the case. Then one of the dealers I called last year reached out. They had a 2023 Carrera S allocation become available that would lock in two days. ADM was $15k. I countered at $8k. We settled at $12k. I’ve done so much research and built the car multiple times on the configurator such that it took me five minutes to generate the build code.

Thus, I finally have my first Porsche on order. I went classic GT Silver Metallic, black leather interior, and of course manual transmission. Several other options got my final price before ADM to exactly $152,000. I really tried to do a flashier color or interior, but in the end I took the advice of so many on here and built it for me. I love every option I put on.

I’m still against ADMs, but in this case it’s almost a wash the cost of the ADM vs. the increase for the 2024. At least that’s how I justified it in my head. Frankly, I feel lucky to have received this allocation at the lower 2023 prices.

Now, I’m still working through the concept of spending more on this car than I did for my first and second house. That may take more therapy sessions.
My exact same situation. Your username seems to indicate you might be in Texas. I’m in Houston. ADMs seem to be strong and well over here. Although I’m also hearing some returning customers (people whose families have bought many Porsches through their lifetimes - Panamera, Cayenne, etc.) saying that they’re getting 911s at MSRP.
Old 04-29-2023, 12:29 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,275 Likes on 645 Posts

PSA: reach out to Matt if interested. I have no affiliation here nor do I have any clue on anything about the spec and wherever or not the red car is representative of the spec.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:32 PM
txpackers
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
My exact same situation. Your username seems to indicate you might be in Texas. I’m in Houston. ADMs seem to be strong and well over here. Although I’m also hearing some returning customers (people whose families have bought many Porsches through their lifetimes - Panamera, Cayenne, etc.) saying that they’re getting 911s at MSRP.
I used to live in the San Antonio area, which we really liked. Been living in San Diego for three years now and don’t see us ever moving back.

Good luck with your search.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:55 PM
suffer
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 99 Posts

I've been on a "list" since Nov 2021. I asked for an update and was told they only got one this year and 2 C2S last year. I could move up if I'm interested in paying a premium.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:20 PM
dave12x
Intermediate

Originally Posted by suffer
I've been on a "list" since Nov 2021. I asked for an update and was told they only got one this year and 2 C2S last year. I could move up if I'm interested in paying a premium.
Have you checked out Porsche finder? Search around the country to see who has what and what build works for you? You will pay ADM+ but you will have the car for the entire season without waiting years? Worked for me, 30 days of monitoring the website and calling dealers once a config came up that I liked.

​​​​
Old 04-29-2023, 03:25 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
PSA: reach out to Matt if interested. I have no affiliation here nor do I have any clue on anything about the spec and wherever or not the red car is representative of the spec.
The one "trend" I've noticed following this thread is there are more "non-customizable" new cars appearing for availability.
While ADMs haven't gone away, there do seem to be some people walking away from ordered cars with more regularity than the past two years.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shambler:
Booth9999 (05-07-2023), nyca (04-29-2023)
Old 04-29-2023, 03:54 PM
dave12x
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shambler
The one "trend" I've noticed following this thread is there are more "non-customizable" new cars appearing for availability.
While ADMs haven't gone away, there do seem to be some people walking away from ordered cars with more regularity than the past two years.
Lots can happen over time and peoples health, financials, etc. change. I just ran a search and there are 16 cars C2S/C4S available in the US on the site. I assume some are extra cars dealers configured and others people walked away from. Either way, def an opportunity to buy if people want to spend money to aquire a car vs. waiting years.

​​​​​​
Old 04-29-2023, 05:23 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 191 Posts

You should set up a session or two with my therapists after you get the car: Dr. Mountain Road and Dr. Winding Road. Fixed me right up.
txpackers (04-30-2023)
Old 04-29-2023, 05:32 PM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 114 Posts

I talked to Dr. Ewe Canttakeit Witchyu.
txpackers (04-30-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 12:05 AM
thermallc
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good suggestion on the CPO searching location, thanks!

Originally Posted by zambien
That's where I got my 2021 C2 in October 2022. There are tons of CPO 992 cars available in Atlanta right now so it isn't surprising demand for allocations is waning. CPO is the better value if you can find a build you like. Fun fact, there are only two Porsche dealerships in Georgia and they are both in Atlanta which is the 3rd biggest combined metropolitan area in the southeastern US (after the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area and DC/Baltimore/VA). This makes those two dealerships a great place to shop (for CPO) since so much inventory flows through them. Of course you have to be wary not to get a PEC ATL car. Glad to see that allocations are starting to come up there. Eventually that should filter out to our area.

Last edited by thermallc; 04-30-2023 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2023, 12:10 AM
thermallc
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience, happy for you!

“but in the end I took the advice of so many on here and built it for me”

Do you mind sharing more regarding the advice learned?

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping