Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 12:58 PM
SHARMAATL
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Same car. He told me the .2 gen cars will at this point be MY25 cars. The track your dream system doesn't have the capability to show the MY24 yet as that gen is not currently being produced so it says MY23, but it'll be a 24.
The following users liked this post:
Spiffx (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 01:13 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARMAATL
I got my allocation for an 8/16 delivery, and my SA said it would be a MY24
The factory usually shuts down for summer holiday from late July to late August. The changeover to the new MY happens when factory reopens. I don’t know the exact dates for this year, but it seems if you have 8/16 delivery, the car is being built as MY2023 for June or early July production. Did dealer show you your build sheet?
Old 04-02-2023, 02:00 PM
vintage38
Racer

Received 553 Likes on 218 Posts

I got my allocation for an 8/16 delivery, and my SA said it would be a MY24
Congrats on your allocation. I'm looking at a June delivery. Guessing mine will be a 2023, but certainly won't complain if it's a 2024. Curious if you received old pricing or new pricing ?
Old 04-02-2023, 02:37 PM
SHARMAATL
Track Day

Originally Posted by SS22
The factory usually shuts down for summer holiday from late July to late August. The changeover to the new MY happens when factory reopens. I don’t know the exact dates for this year, but it seems if you have 8/16 delivery, the car is being built as MY2023 for June or early July production. Did dealer show you your build sheet?
I do not have the build sheet. I have a signed price form and custom order form, along with a commission number and all the Track Your Dream info. I haven't finalized my build yet so didn't think a build sheet was very helpful. I'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow to look a a Shark Blue car in the flesh to see if it is what I want to go with and will ask about a build sheet then and discuss the delivery timeline.

Appreciate the info about the factory shut down. It's my first Porsche so still learning about these things.
Old 04-02-2023, 02:39 PM
SHARMAATL
Track Day

Originally Posted by vintage38
Congrats on your allocation. I'm looking at a June delivery. Guessing mine will be a 2023, but certainly won't complain if it's a 2024. Curious if you received old pricing or new pricing ?
I got the new pricing unfortunately. My custom order form show that it is a 2024 model (it's hand written in so I suppose take it with a grain of salt).
vintage38 (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 03:02 PM
SHARMAATL
Track Day

Ok so looking at my track your dream timeline, the production is supposed to complete 7/12 and release for transport 7/13. That to me would appear to mean it'll be one of the last MY23 (albeit at the new pricing) and avoid the August shutdown. However, if there are no changes between MY23 and 24, then there's no need for re-tooling for the 24. Thus, they could have moved to MY24 before the shutdown, right? All just educated guesses so please correct me if I'm way off base.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:33 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Ok so looking at my track your dream timeline, the production is supposed to complete 7/12 and release for transport 7/13. That to me would appear to mean it'll be one of the last MY23 (albeit at the new pricing) and avoid the August shutdown. However, if there are no changes between MY23 and 24, then there's no need for re-tooling for the 24. Thus, they could have moved to MY24 before the shutdown, right? All just educated guesses so please correct me if I'm way off base.
I suppose anything is possible, but you’ll know for sure when you see the official build sheet that Porsche issues whenever your dealer puts in your order. You can still make changes before your freeze date, but the build sheet will tell you the exact model year, model number, commission number, and also price for every option. If it’s MY2023, you should get the MY2023 pricing. It sounds like your dealer already put in the order if it’s showing up on TYD, so just ask them to send you your build sheet.

By the way, I ordered a Shark Blue GTS (June delivery). The first time I saw a shark blue in the flesh, I was floored by how amazing it looked and thought wow, I have to have that on my next Porsche! Same thing happened when I first saw a chalk in person and ordered my first Porsche in chalk (absolutely love chalk but figured I’d try something different and more bold this time!)
Old 04-02-2023, 03:38 PM
SHARMAATL
Track Day

Originally Posted by SS22
I suppose anything is possible, but you’ll know for sure when you see the official build sheet that Porsche issues whenever your dealer puts in your order. You can still make changes before your freeze date, but the build sheet will tell you the exact model year, model number, commission number, and also price for every option. If it’s MY2023, you should get the MY2023 pricing. It sounds like your dealer already put in the order if it’s showing up on TYD, so just ask them to send you your build sheet.

By the way, I ordered a Shark Blue GTS (June delivery). The first time I saw a shark blue in the flesh, I was floored by how amazing it looked and thought wow, I have to have that on my next Porsche! Same thing happened when I first saw a chalk in person and ordered my first Porsche in chalk (absolutely love chalk but figured I’d try something different and more bold this time!)
Gotcha, yep I'll ask about the build sheet tomorrow. The only hesitation I have with Shark Blue is that I also have an X7 M60i in Marina Bay Blue Metallic as my daily driver. It's gonna be a lot of blue parked out front!
Old 04-02-2023, 03:40 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 702 Likes on 299 Posts

Shark Blue Boxter seen at my dealership recently. I also wanted Shark Blue, but couldn’t get Bordeaux Red interior with that (I know it’s possible, I just don’t see it myself). Had a hard time choosing between Chalk (my previous car color) and Gentian Blue (my final decision).

Old 04-02-2023, 03:42 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 702 Likes on 299 Posts

By the way, I had a Cornflower Blue Audi A3 back in 1997 that is the exact same color as the very special Shark Blue. Needless to say, I didn’t have to pay extra to have that Audi in Cornflower Blue.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:42 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Gotcha, yep I'll ask about the build sheet tomorrow. The only hesitation I have with Shark Blue is that I also have an X7 M60i in Marina Bay Blue Metallic as my daily driver. It's gonna be a lot of blue parked out front!
Sweet — we have an X7 too and love it (black). Shark blue is definitely different than the marina bay blue but I totally get your concern. God luck!
Old 04-02-2023, 03:45 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spiffx
Shark Blue Boxter seen at my dealership recently. I also wanted Shark Blue, but couldn’t get Bordeaux Red interior with that (I know it’s possible, I just don’t see it myself). Had a hard time choosing between Chalk (my previous car color) and Gentian Blue (my final decision).

Ha! I have the black and Bordeaux red interior now on a chalk with black accents (on Panamera 4SEH). Have loved the color scheme but I agree with not doing Bordeaux red with shark blue. I did the GTS leather interior with blue deviated stitching on 992 order.

Ok, someone is gonna yell at us now. ADM, ADM, ADM
Spiffx (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 03:50 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,542 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
By the way, I had a Cornflower Blue Audi A3 back in 1997 that is the exact same color as the very special Shark Blue. Needless to say, I didn’t have to pay extra to have that Audi in Cornflower Blue.
They're the same color.

Audi just calls it Cornflower and Porsche calls it Shark Blue, cuz I guess Porsche folks are, um, more aquatic than agricultural?
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
detansinn (04-05-2023), Spiffx (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 05:22 PM
ttusqrl
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
They may have a long list for a GTS at sticker, but if you are willing to pay 25k over I’m pretty confident that you will quickly be at the top of that list.
Originally Posted by CantBuyHappiness
Even with the new $8k markup they're asking 25k over? I can't believe the market is still this strong.
Sorry if I didn't communicate it well. The 25k over ADM list is elbow deep. We will see if that list stays that same length with the price hike like CantBuyHappiness said
Spiffx (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 07:50 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

I got the new pricing unfortunately. My custom order form show that it is a 2024 model (it's hand written in so I suppose take it with a grain of salt).
If you received your allocation after the price increase, I guess that makes sense it would affect your order. Also makes sense that the price increase applies to 2024 MY cars. For context, I got my allocation in early March, TYD shows late May/June build and July delivery, it’s a MY23.

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping