Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Returnofthemac
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tna3
I'm doubting you can get the old pricing for a car that hasn't been built yet. Not to mention that a '23 will be considered last years model by the time you get it so either way you lose. Frankly I think $15K ADM is nuts for a T. I would go back to the negotiation table for another 10K off. There are a few T's coming in as dealer ordered cars not yet sold in the east coast which is a definite departure of things from the past. Partly because the T production lines were hit with the BOSE supply chain stop and that seems to be one of the most popular options people don't want to do without. It only was deprived for the T and base cars.
I appreciate the feedback. Trust me I have my doubts about it as well. I think you’re right about the stock starting to show up because the same dealer had a car coming in that someone backed out of but its spec just wasn’t what I wanted. I’m trying to keep an open mind for all options that arise, whether it’s an incoming car or a build slot.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:06 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,069 Likes on 2,031 Posts

Just dropped off my car for service. They have an incoming GT3T that sold for $50k adm, and a GT3RS for $125k adm.
The following users liked this post:
porsche.earth (04-09-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 11:03 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Returnofthemac
After a lot of calling around without much luck, I had a call back with a build slot offer for $15k. I am considering it because the SA claims it’s for a MY23 build in June and delivery for Aug. Whether those dates are accurate or not I don’t know. I was considering it because I could get Python and the Aero, which are no longer available on the T. I also figure with 23 pricing it’s only about $8-9k ADM compared to the 24 increase. Thoughts?
They told you Aerokit is available for a June build? When I ordered my GTS (April build), I was told Porsche put a stop order on them in March and Aerokit is not available for up to 60 weeks (don’t quote me on the 60 but it was just over a year).

Other than being skeptical about the Aerokit, I think a June build will be MY2023 and you should get MY2023 pricing. Usually the change to the new MY happens after the German summer holiday in late July/early August. The sure way to know your MSRP pricing is if the dealer puts in the order for you and shows you the build sheet.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:17 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 702 Likes on 299 Posts

After a lot of calling around without much luck, I had a call back with a build slot offer for $15k. I am considering it because the SA claims it’s for a MY23 build in June and delivery for Aug. Whether those dates are accurate or not I don’t know. I was considering it because I could get Python and the Aero, which are no longer available on the T. I also figure with 23 pricing it’s only about $8-9k ADM compared to the 24 increase. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by SS22
They told you Aerokit is available for a June build? When I ordered my GTS (April build), I was told Porsche put a stop order on them in March and Aerokit is not available for up to 60 weeks (don’t quote me on the 60 but it was just over a year).

Other than being skeptical about the Aerokit, I think a June build will be MY2023 and you should get MY2023 pricing. Usually the change to the new MY happens after the German summer holiday in late July/early August. The sure way to know your MSRP pricing is if the dealer puts in the order for you and shows you the build sheet.
1) I have a May build slot for June delivery and Porsche Atlanta asked my dealer to remove the aerokit due to a stop sale. I’d suggest checking with your SA if they really can include the aerokit with your build.

2) Did your SA confirm you’d be getting pre-price-increase pricing?
Old 04-08-2023, 01:56 PM
Returnofthemac
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
1) I have a May build slot for June delivery and Porsche Atlanta asked my dealer to remove the aerokit due to a stop sale. I’d suggest checking with your SA if they really can include the aerokit with your build.

It's an interstate dealer so unfortunately can't go in and sit with the SA to enter the build. I am only going off what he told me, which was it would be 23 pricing (pre-increase) and that the options should be available but he wouldn't know until he entered the order.
Spiffx (04-09-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 02:28 PM
Spiffx
Pro

It's an interstate dealer so unfortunately can't go in and sit with the SA to enter the build. I am only going off what he told me, which was it would be 23 pricing (pre-increase) and that the options should be available but he wouldn't know until he entered the order.
There are reports here and in other RL threads that there’s a stop sale on Aerokit. Including mine. I’m very upset about it, but not much I can do. I don’t want the risks of a future allocation.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:19 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

There are reports here and in other RL threads that there’s a stop sale on Aerokit. Including mine. I’m very upset about it, but not much I can do. I don’t want the risks of a future allocation.
That’s my situation too. Really wanted the Aerokit but it’s stop ordered. I didn’t want to wait over a year though so I opted out. I’m on the fence about ordering it separately and paying to get it installed. It’s much more expensive so I don’t know if it’s worth it. Then you got people saying a GTS with Aerokit is trying to be a GT3, which is funny because you could say a GTS without Aerokit is trying to be a GT3 Touring. Not to mention the wings look different.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:25 PM
Spiffx
Pro

That’s my situation too. Really wanted the Aerokit but it’s stop ordered. I didn’t want to wait over a year though so I opted out. I’m on the fence about ordering it separately and paying to get it installed. It’s much more expensive so I don’t know if it’s worth it. Then you got people saying a GTS with Aerokit is trying to be a GT3, which is funny because you could say a GTS without Aerokit is trying to be a GT3 Touring. Not to mention the wings look different.
Forget the “GT3 wannabe” comments. Get what you want if you can. I’ve also heard many people say a Porsche 911 without a wing is not a Porsche 911 (which is also ridiculous). In any case, in the 80s (when I grew up and developed my obsession for the 911) most of them had wings. Back then there were no GT3s.

Do what you like and forget what people think.
Old 04-09-2023, 01:41 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Forget the “GT3 wannabe” comments. Get what you want if you can. I’ve also heard many people say a Porsche 911 without a wing is not a Porsche 911 (which is also ridiculous). In any case, in the 80s (when I grew up and developed my obsession for the 911) most of them had wings. Back then there were no GT3s.

Do what you like and forget what people think.
Yea, my father in law tells me I have to get it because that’s what he associates with 911s too! I’m trying to figure out the best way to order it separately and have it installed. Let me know if you got a good game plan!
Old 04-09-2023, 02:41 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Yea, my father in law tells me I have to get it because that’s what he associates with 911s too! I’m trying to figure out the best way to order it separately and have it installed. Let me know if you got a good game plan!
If you decide to get a wing afterwards, I suggest a ducktail similar to the Sport Classic.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1330...-ducktail.html
Old 04-09-2023, 03:34 AM
vintage38
Racer

Received 553 Likes on 218 Posts

I'd go for it, especially if you can get old pricing. Like you said your only $8k to 9k over and IMO that's worth a year or more waiting list. Like my father always told me, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I'm pretty sure the Aero kit is going to be a no go as I wanted it along with the Heritage interior., both on stop sale at the very least until the factory reopens after summer break. Congrats if you decide to go for it.

Last edited by vintage38; 04-09-2023 at 03:43 AM.
Returnofthemac (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 03:59 AM
kcdc368
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

I also got a March allocation for a GTS with April build date and was told by dealer aerokit is not available. I received a build-sheet with commission number from the dealer listing the pre-MSRP-increase pricing.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:16 AM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Just dropped off my car for service. They have an incoming GT3T that sold for $50k adm, and a GT3RS for $125k adm.
GT3T for $50k over seems downright reasonable these days … but maybe that’s because after persistent shortages, ADMs, and YoY price increases, the concept of reasonable is starting to lose all meaning to me.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:35 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

If you decide to get a wing afterwards, I suggest a ducktail similar to the Sport Classic.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1330...-ducktail.html
Reading through all of that didn’t leave me with a sense of any functional/reliable option for the ducktail route. I’m hoping my dealer can order the Aerokit and cover the paint/install given they’re charging ADM….
Old 04-09-2023, 01:12 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,069 Likes on 2,031 Posts

Reading through all of that didn’t leave me with a sense of any functional/reliable option for the ducktail route. I’m hoping my dealer can order the Aerokit and cover the paint/install given they’re charging ADM….
You can definitely order the wing from Suncoast.

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping