Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 12:49 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 314 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by thermallc
Thanks for sharing your experience, happy for you!

“but in the end I took the advice of so many on here and built it for me”

Do you mind sharing more regarding the advice learned?
Essentially don’t add options you don’t want just because you expect they will be desirable for resale. Don’t build something that everyone gushes over at a car show, but it’s not something you like. Don’t add options because it seems everyone else is adding them. Example: sunroof; all my current cars have moonroofs. Each one has been opened zero times. The Porsche was ordered without a sunroof.

One thing I truly enjoy about the Porsche experience is the ability to completely customize the car to fit you.

Enjoy.
The following 4 users liked this post by txpackers:
adrianp89 (04-30-2023), Nein Eleven (05-01-2023), thermallc (04-30-2023), wdr911 (04-30-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 02:16 AM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
Essentially don’t add options you don’t want just because you expect they will be desirable for resale. Don’t build something that everyone gushes over at a car show, but it’s not something you like. Don’t add options because it seems everyone else is adding them. Example: sunroof; all my current cars have moonroofs. Each one has been opened zero times. The Porsche was ordered without a sunroof.

One thing I truly enjoy about the Porsche experience is the ability to completely customize the car to fit you.

Enjoy.
Best ordering advice I received was to not go overboard with options, but do a few things to make it "yours"....
The following users liked this post:
txpackers (04-30-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 10:17 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 807 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by CZS
Best ordering advice I received was to not go overboard with options, but do a few things to make it "yours"....
You did more than a few to make it yours, but I really like choices. FWIW, I optioned the fuel cap and as I did thought it probably was a waste. It has not been for me. I enjoy the experience at every fuel up compared to my previous C2S that did not have it. You've come this far....

Enjoy the car; I just love GR!
Old 04-30-2023, 10:47 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 472 Likes on 211 Posts

Enjoy.
What do you do when you just want 80% of the options for your self? lol
Old 04-30-2023, 10:53 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,050 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by ADMfighter63
agreed, except i'm seeing more in the form of 'bonus' cars, at least with my dealer. i spoke to him today about my GT4RS. he mentioned there being a bonus 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 available at sticker. there's also a 992 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (RWD) available at sticker...super nice spec with 7MT, 18-ways, Premium Pack, etc. he said they're selling the 992 at MSRP but require the person to buy a Porsche watch as well, so indirect ADM, but at least there's some 'value.'

on a side note--they're sold out of all allocations. lists for each trim are super long.
Yes I’d bet most of the cars are dealer-built examples and bonus cars.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Motorin Mark
Pro

Received 449 Likes on 216 Posts

Enjoy.
So true. I ordered mine exactly as I wanted it without a care about resale. These are just too expensive of a car to make it for someone else after me. I am not a sunroof person myself, never opened the one on my wife's BMW 340i in the two years we've owned it or on any of our other cars that it came with either. Honestly wish that you could not get it on BMW/Mercedes/Audi just because I prefer the solid looking roofs.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:01 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by CZS
@czs. Beautiful build on new 911.

Question. I just received an allocation for a June build, with a July delivery. But, its a 2024 with the price increase. I it common for Porsche to deliver 23's and 24's the same month?
Old 04-30-2023, 01:09 PM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,101 Likes on 459 Posts

Went to my dealer where I received an allocation yesterday and spoke to my SA about the car (Carrera T). I already know I won't be charged an ADM. My local dealer is small and doesn't charge ADM, but barely gets any allocations, this one is about 90 miles away and much much larger.

I said "I know my local dealer is giving slight discounts now to 2024 vehicles due to the recent price bumps, and I purchased my last vehicle from you (demo car with 500 miles) at sticker price, any possibility of movement for a below sticker deal?" He said not right now and he can't commit to anything but we can talk when the car gets closer (should be late August / early September delivery). I asked if it would help if I did PTS, to which he said PTS is done for the year (great). And then I asked would it help if I had them do the PPF on the car, and he said he's unsure.

At least I won't have any ADM...
Old 04-30-2023, 02:54 PM
thermallc
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorin Mark
So true. I ordered mine exactly as I wanted it without a care about resale. These are just too expensive of a car to make it for someone else after me. I am not a sunroof person myself, never opened the one on my wife's BMW 340i in the two years we've owned it or on any of our other cars that it came with either. Honestly wish that you could not get it on BMW/Mercedes/Audi just because I prefer the solid looking roofs.
The sunroof plays a bit trick: no mood impact with it being closed all time, but could impact without it (mentally knowing it is not there) even though physical lighting is almost same. Knowing this from driving different cars, but not sure if it is just me.
Motorin Mark (04-30-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 03:05 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 964 Likes on 539 Posts

You can get the sunroof in the body color as opposed to the glass one. And on this car, it opens topside so headroom is not reduced.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:43 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by gellie
@czs. Beautiful build on new 911.

Question. I just received an allocation for a June build, with a July delivery. But, its a 2024 with the price increase. I it common for Porsche to deliver 23's and 24's the same month?
They usually do the new model year after the German summer holiday when the factory shuts down for a few weeks (I believe that’s late July/early August). A June build should typically still be the 2023 but given Porsche didn’t change anything from 2023 to 2024, it’s very possible (if not likely, especially given the info you’ve been given) that they’ll designate June builds as 2024 to recuperate the higher MSRPs.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:50 PM
vintage38
Racer

Received 566 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
You can get the sunroof in the body color as opposed to the glass one. And on this car, it opens topside so headroom is not reduced.
I went body color on sunroof. Personal opinion but I thought it looks alittle more classic 911 roof line without glass roof.
I originally didn't have the sunroof in my build, but GM softly suggested it for resale. Since he didn't charge ADM and will probably be taking it in on trade in a couple years, I thought what the heck. It's was only $1500 and I might even use it as it's been years since I had a sunroof car.

Last edited by vintage38; 04-30-2023 at 08:31 PM.
nyca (05-08-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 04:41 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Schn3ll
Went to my dealer where I received an allocation yesterday and spoke to my SA about the car (Carrera T). I already know I won't be charged an ADM. My local dealer is small and doesn't charge ADM, but barely gets any allocations, this one is about 90 miles away and much much larger.

I said "I know my local dealer is giving slight discounts now to 2024 vehicles due to the recent price bumps, and I purchased my last vehicle from you (demo car with 500 miles) at sticker price, any possibility of movement for a below sticker deal?" He said not right now and he can't commit to anything but we can talk when the car gets closer (should be late August / early September delivery). I asked if it would help if I did PTS, to which he said PTS is done for the year (great). And then I asked would it help if I had them do the PPF on the car, and he said he's unsure.

At least I won't have any ADM...
I don't get this convo.

Are you saying you got an allocation at MSRP but asked dealer for additional discount?
Old 04-30-2023, 04:48 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
They usually do the new model year after the German summer holiday when the factory shuts down for a few weeks (I believe that’s late July/early August). A June build should typically still be the 2023 but given Porsche didn’t change anything from 2023 to 2024, it’s very possible (if not likely, especially given the info you’ve been given) that they’ll designate June builds as 2024 to recuperate the higher MSRPs.
Yes thats what i was thinking. Seems a bit strange though.
Old 04-30-2023, 04:54 PM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,101 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
I don't get this convo.

Are you saying you got an allocation at MSRP but asked dealer for additional discount?
yes, year over year the same car went up over $8k. I know some getting discounts on 2024 so I asked my dealer where I have an allocation.

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping