Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 07:31 AM
evio
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 47 Posts

Patience. I told you I will call you back today after 10 eastern time.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:04 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...peak-financial

I don’t think this really impacts high end cars so much, but I am in MIA this week and the FTX scam ruined a lot of Crypto Bros here and they say lots are full of GWagon’s and McLaren’s. I usually stop by Prestige Imports to see what they have that is interesting on their lot.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:17 AM
bboerit
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Shambler
I didn't ask, because I didn't care about the model.

BUT since you asked, here's what I learned about what I was asking about C4 coupe.

1) Manhattan Motors - MSRP +15% ADM
2) Porsche Fairfield - MSRP (Penske dealer)
3) Porsche Nashua - MSRP + must do Porsche financing + PPF
4) Porsche Westwood - just gave me "no allocations" and we didn't really discuss
5) Porsche West Palm Beach (yeah I called a big out of state dealer for me) - very nice, but a deep list (even for C4) and expect 1.5 to 2 years

I just celebrated my one year anniversary of being on a list at position #1.
I can beat that. I've been #1 for 17 months!
Old 01-30-2023, 11:26 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Would anyone be kind enough to share a few dealerships at MSRP?
I have a relationship with Westwood going back a few years and few cars at this point and was given my 992 T allocation at MSRP.
I know that Porsche Boston was considering MSRP on certain models, but I think for the most part they still have ADM

The problem for many people is that this has turned out to be a very efficient marketplace... Those dealers at MSRP have waitlists that make it impossible to know how long you will really wait... And those that have availability are charging the ADM... it seems those that have a relationship and have something worth trading (that the dealer wants) are having the best luck/shortest turnaround time...

Old 01-30-2023, 11:49 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 936 Likes on 522 Posts

The crypto bros were for sure heavy in the luxury and sports car market. But that phase of the takedown is over and it's recovered a bit since. Perhaps some additional relief from all the tech layoffs, but you would have to watch the California market specifically.

And its not just the high end car market. Go onto any of the car price sites (edmunds, carsdirect, etc), they are still showing ADMs for Hyundais even though inventories are on the lots. The dealers simply will not give up on this sales practice.
The following users liked this post:
Toybox (02-01-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 01:31 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
The crypto bros were for sure heavy in the luxury and sports car market. But that phase of the takedown is over and it's recovered a bit since. Perhaps some additional relief from all the tech layoffs, but you would have to watch the California market specifically.

And its not just the high end car market. Go onto any of the car price sites (edmunds, carsdirect, etc), they are still showing ADMs for Hyundais even though inventories are on the lots. The dealers simply will not give up on this sales practice.
Supply and demand always work, I think eventually dealers will have to offer discounts to sell cars. Not sure if they can stay in business just providing maintenance services but they might be able to. Dealers have definitely reduced sales staff, which also explains the lack of call backs, but how long can they keep those people around if they are not selling any cars due to ADM and interest rates?
jwfrazier (05-28-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 02:33 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca

Yes, because there is still the perception that there is a "car shortage". Dealers are trying to perpetuate this myth for as long as they can. I know of one family of car dealers that I drive by every day that barely has cars on their main lot, yet what used to be their overflow lot a couple miles away is packed full of new cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by malba2366:
jwfrazier (05-28-2023), Toybox (02-01-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 02:40 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 435 Likes on 199 Posts

I have quite a few dealers within a few hour drive of me. About half were doing no ADM. Those without ADM required Porsche Financial and/or a protection package of some sort. Naples was only exception, no deposit required, no BS required.
Cartod (02-03-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 02:41 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 191 Posts

There's a few factors in the near term that may prop up car prices in general: tax refund season and lack of lease returns from 2020. Impact to the 911 market may be minimal but it tough to predict anything in this market.
Old 01-30-2023, 04:34 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 22 Posts

I wonder if customers in Germany are seeing less, more or the same ADMs that we are seeing in the states. I would assume if demand is up, and supply is limited, there is money to be made. Anyone have any insight into that market?
Old 01-30-2023, 08:05 PM
KG18
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 992 Targa GTS

Hoping to get a build slot for a 992 Targa 4 GTS for European Delivery. Any idea what current ADM rates are for these? Any dealer suggestions for low/no ADM near South Florida?
Old 01-30-2023, 08:08 PM
radelow
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 49 Posts

I think California and Florida are still seeing ADM's. At least that is what I am seeing... I am similar to you...trying to find a ED slot but its challenging. No ADM, at least at this point...but also hard to see where it goes. The car market is definitely softening but how hard is it going to hit the market for an extremely limited production car like the GTS... The question I am asking myself is here I am buying a $180k car. Am I really willing to wait for 1-2 years to MAYBE get a car at MSRP to save the $10-$20k.... Not sure I am anymore... I have been waiting a year+ as it is.

The following 2 users liked this post by radelow:
elvisdoc (06-23-2024), sharknose (02-07-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 08:20 PM
KG18
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, I was hoping that the Targa 4 GTS on BaT last month that sold for $10k over would be a good benchmark for where these trade…
Old 01-30-2023, 08:31 PM
radelow
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 49 Posts

Hard to use those sales to indicate current prices but yes it is a good benchmark. Right now I have one offer at a ~$15k ADM for delivery in July/August on the table. However no ED available. I am not really sure I want to do that deal...ED is something I have been dreaming about for a very long time on this car (My mom got both her 911's ED when I was a kid and they were fond memories for me). Tough decisions.... at least we are in the position to make these decisions so we should be thankful for that!
Nein Eleven (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 08:36 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by radelow
Hard to use those sales to indicate current prices but yes it is a good benchmark. Right now I have one offer at a ~$15k ADM for delivery in July/August on the table. However no ED available. I am not really sure I want to do that deal...ED is something I have been dreaming about for a very long time on this car (My mom got both her 911's ED when I was a kid and they were fond memories for me). Tough decisions.... at least we are in the position to make these decisions so we should be thankful for that!
What a cool Mom! That must been a helluva experience as a youngster driving through Europe. And multiple EDs at that!
Nein Eleven (01-30-2023)

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping