Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023 | 08:38 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SS22
Wow! There’s not just one thing bizarre about that. Where are you located?!
Porsche Perimeter in Atlanta.
Old 03-30-2023 | 08:46 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Tell them you’ll gladly take them up on the offer under these conditions - no ADM and no add ons + they purchase your car for exactly what you paid and add the tax. Otherwise, why would you purchase a new car when you just bought one in Dec.
Well he said I would have to buy some ceramic coating from them, but no ADM. I asked him if I could get a GT3, he said that would be up to the GM only but I would have to have spent more than $500K there to have a shot. We have spent more than that there over the years but not that much lately so I have no shot at that car. Still not sure why he thought I would spend more for a new car when I have a CPO 2022 car that will have a warranty until 2028. It would be the same car, one year newer, $10K more expensive, and only have a warranty until 2027.

But it did make me think that maybe things are starting to change in the car business? At least around here.
Old 03-30-2023 | 09:40 PM
GeneTakovic
Banned

Originally Posted by blackland
Well he said I would have to buy some ceramic coating from them, but no ADM.
That’s an ADM in disguise.
The following 2 users liked this post by GeneTakovic:
blackland (03-30-2023), detansinn (03-30-2023)
Old 03-30-2023 | 09:44 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Suppose it’s definitely a sign of something. It’s been my experience that type of inquiry after a recent purchase isn’t made unless the SA was told to contact you if X car comes available, e.g., a GT3, or something unique you’ve been looking for. Otherwise the offer would have to be enticing and the car one you really prefer to switch so soon.
Old 03-30-2023 | 10:34 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GeneTakovic
That’s an ADM in disguise.
Yes it is, made me laugh, but at least you get something for the money I guess?
Old 03-30-2023 | 10:36 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Yes it is, made me laugh, but at least you get something for the money I guess?
Right, and most they could upcharge for the ceramic would be, what $1k? No way they’re charging $10-20k for ceramic!!
Old 03-31-2023 | 12:05 AM
Smoothguy
4th Gear

Thanks for the helpful insight. UPDATE. So I spoke to my SA again today telling him I would not do the 10K ADM and what they can offer, he responded with maybe they can do couple K less. I get into some work meetings then later in the day he responds saying that he was mistaken about the 10K ADM. He said he just found out that the 2024 911 will be a $15K mark up NOT a 10K. He said there is just too much demand for this car and not enough supply. So I decided to pause and wait a little longer. I may look into the used market and test the waters while I wait.
Old 03-31-2023 | 12:31 AM
radelow
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Smoothguy
Thanks for the helpful insight. UPDATE. So I spoke to my SA again today telling him I would not do the 10K ADM and what they can offer, he responded with maybe they can do couple K less. I get into some work meetings then later in the day he responds saying that he was mistaken about the 10K ADM. He said he just found out that the 2024 911 will be a $15K mark up NOT a 10K. He said there is just too much demand for this car and not enough supply. So I decided to pause and wait a little longer. I may look into the used market and test the waters while I wait.
Look around.... While I was waiting for my allocation I cold called a relatively local dealer (Bakersfield Porsche...about 3-4 hours away) and they had an inbound 992 GTS that they were willing to sell to me for MSRP or MAYBE $2.5 k. The buyer cancelled last minute (the car was on its way from Los Angeles) and the options were not great (he ordered everything you wouldn't order on a GTS like leather air vent trims etc. and nothing you would order like RWS, 18 Ways, PCCB, or basically anything else you really want).
Old 03-31-2023 | 07:37 AM
bwhale
Advanced

That's borderline insane. I guess the GM at the dealer is entitled to test buyer's resolve in-line with Porsche doing the same thing this week, but it's not like this is a new product and we didn't know where these cars are trading.

FWIW, my SA told me earlier this year that Porsche was holding back allocations until Q2 and release of pricing update. Makes sense, Porsche wants to capture the ADM for themselves. So if the supply dynamic has any chance of changing, it's going to be in the next few months.
Old 03-31-2023 | 08:29 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SS22
Right, and most they could upcharge for the ceramic would be, what $1k? No way they’re charging $10-20k for ceramic!!
$3K for the ceramic is what was mentioned…
Old 03-31-2023 | 09:30 AM
zambien
Advanced

Porsche Perimeter in Atlanta.
That's where I got my 2021 C2 in October 2022. There are tons of CPO 992 cars available in Atlanta right now so it isn't surprising demand for allocations is waning. CPO is the better value if you can find a build you like. Fun fact, there are only two Porsche dealerships in Georgia and they are both in Atlanta which is the 3rd biggest combined metropolitan area in the southeastern US (after the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area and DC/Baltimore/VA). This makes those two dealerships a great place to shop (for CPO) since so much inventory flows through them. Of course you have to be wary not to get a PEC ATL car. Glad to see that allocations are starting to come up there. Eventually that should filter out to our area.

Last edited by zambien; 03-31-2023 at 09:31 AM. Reason: speeling
Old 03-31-2023 | 11:37 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bwhale
That's borderline insane. I guess the GM at the dealer is entitled to test buyer's resolve in-line with Porsche doing the same thing this week, but it's not like this is a new product and we didn't know where these cars are trading.

FWIW, my SA told me earlier this year that Porsche was holding back allocations until Q2 and release of pricing update. Makes sense, Porsche wants to capture the ADM for themselves. So if the supply dynamic has any chance of changing, it's going to be in the next few months.
When do Q2 allocations get released to dealers?
The following users liked this post:
daddyscar (04-28-2023)
Old 03-31-2023 | 12:09 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

I'm just not sure a CPO 911 makes a lot of sense in terms of actual cost of ownership in a market where used 911s sell for MSRP+. unless you simply don't have the time or patience to spec your own build . But let's face it outside of rennlist the idea of spec'cing a car and waiting a year is simply incomprehensible.
The following 2 users liked this post by remington:
johny221 (03-31-2023), Nein Eleven (04-02-2023)
Old 03-31-2023 | 12:22 PM
Shambler
Racer

Originally Posted by remington
I'm just not sure a CPO 911 makes a lot of sense in terms of actual cost of ownership in a market where used 911s sell for MSRP+. unless you simply don't have the time or patience to spec your own build . But let's face it outside of rennlist the idea of spec'cing a car and waiting a year is simply incomprehensible.
I waited 14 months for an allocation and decided to finally overpay for a CPO.
I'm still on a list for allocation and will consider such a thing if it ever occurs and it is a 992.2.

Why?
1) can't make more time, so I wanted to enjoy it while I could
2) CPO prices did come down to less unreasonable numbers (paid $800 above MSRP, but it has full XPEL)
3) miles were low, spec was so close to my spec, it was local
4) prices are only going up (see this week's official news), so it would just cost me more anyhow

This was the most expensive car I ever bought, yet, oddly the only one I did not have that buyer's remorse on AND I still don't!

I feel great about this decision.

As my friend says, I really did rationalize this toy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Shambler:
johny221 (03-31-2023), Nein Eleven (04-02-2023)
Old 03-31-2023 | 01:07 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Take a look at my 2020 S in the Marketplace here that I’m selling because I’ve ordered a T.

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping