Sponsored by:

992.2 Carrera spotted testing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 03:08 AM
Ull
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
I think by the time cars turn into rolling screens designed by Apple I would rather just be a passenger in the back. Every time a new version of apple car comes out the car will go crazy and stop working right just like all the other apple stuff to include the iPhone I am typing this on. This tech crap is getting out of hand.
Im ok with a reduction in tech....gimme the bare essentials. Make AC, radio, the frunk, etc all an option, make the back seats an option too, hekk get rid of trims and let us start picking parts to throw on like its forza, i have a need for speed, too much tech crap in cars these days. Too much tech crap in general these days. An all digital dash managed by apple doesnt really have a place in a 911 imho...save it for the kias. Apple has always and will always be faux luxury, kia seems a good fit. Bought an hermes apple watch and all I can say is wow, apple watch, what garbage. All of those health tracking features could be bundled into your iphone with simple low cost wearable accessories for extended measurements but thats not a profitable faux luxury venture, I would imagine. Apples bean counters (tim cook and friends) should not be allowed anywhere near 911s. Steve Jobs would wholeheartedly agree.

https://youtu.be/VtvjbmoDx-I

hilariously apple product users have become the very people they were making fun of decades ago

tl;dr
apple = faux luxury
porsche = luxury

faux luxury is beneath luxury, so an apple managed 911 dash will never happen

Last edited by Ull; 10-18-2022 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:22 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Ull
Im ok with a reduction in tech....gimme the bare essentials. Make AC, radio, the frunk, etc all an option, make the back seats an option too, hekk get rid of trims and let us start picking parts to throw on like its forza, i have a need for speed, too much tech crap in cars these days. Too much tech crap in general these days. An all digital dash managed by apple doesnt really have a place in a 911 imho...save it for the kias. Apple has always and will always be faux luxury, kia seems a good fit. Bought an hermes apple watch and all I can say is wow, apple watch, what garbage. All of those health tracking features could be bundled into your iphone with simple low cost wearable accessories for extended measurements but thats not a profitable faux luxury venture, I would imagine. Apples bean counters (tim cook and friends) should not be allowed anywhere near 911s. Steve Jobs would wholeheartedly agree.

https://youtu.be/VtvjbmoDx-I

hilariously apple product users have become the very people they were making fun of decades ago

tl;dr
apple = faux luxury
porsche = luxury

faux luxury is beneath luxury, so an apple managed 911 dash will never happen
I guess I have the answer to ‘who buys an Apple Hermes watch?’. My daughter was born last week but I somehow feel that this week is more significant now.

Quick Reply: 992.2 Carrera spotted testing