Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabriolet vs Targa

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 07:24 AM
812SF
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 48 Posts

In my experience with the Targa GTS and a 992 Turbo S Cab, there is much less wind in the cab especially at highway speeds. Yesterday, a Panamera wanted to play and I reached 160 in my targa with the top down. It was pretty chaotic inside with the amount of air in the cabin. I’m fairly certain it also affected the stability of the car. I backed off and am not interested in doing that again. Just like with most things, the Targa looks better to me but is not as good as the cab at high speeds with tops down. I drove a 992 Carrera S 185 mph on the autobahn but the top was up. Drove it about 150 with the top down.

Last edited by 812SF; 07-31-2023 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:02 AM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
Deep are you happy with this color combination? Just ordered a Cabrio 4S in these colors (adventurine green with truffle) with another month until freeze date. Wonder how you are feeling about the color combination months after receipt. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:03 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by 812SF
In my experience with the Targa GTS and a 992 Turbo S Cab, there is much less wind in the cab especially at highway speeds. Yesterday, a Panamera wanted to play and I reached 160 in my targa with the top down. It was pretty chaotic inside with the amount of air in the cabin. I’m fairly certain it also affected the stability of the car. I backed off and am not interested in doing that again. Just like with most things, the Targa looks better to me but is not as good as the cab at high speeds with tops down. I drove a 992 Carrera S 185 mph on the autobahn but the top was up. Drove it about 150 with the top down.
Talk about a death wish! I know our cars perform well at high speed, but doing so on a public highway is quite risky. Be smart and safe out there people!
Old 07-31-2023, 12:08 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpeachS
Deep are you happy with this color combination? Just ordered a Cabrio 4S in these colors (adventurine green with truffle) with another month until freeze date. Wonder how you are feeling about the color combination months after receipt. Thanks.
I’ve had the car for 2.5 years and still absolutely love the color. The color changes a lot based on lighting. It gets a lot of compliments from random people whenever I’m at a light or parked. People at cars and coffee think it’s PTS. The brown top looks great also compared to black. I would order this combo again!
The following users liked this post:
wrksaf912 (08-06-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 04:49 PM
wrksaf912
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpeachS
I love the color combination. I opted for the black top. AV Green with Truffle interior. The only regret is I wish I would have bought the leather sun visors. It seemed excessive at the time but the stock ones are very plastic like. The axel lift is amazing, the best money I have ever spent as my Houston suburb is speed bump crazy. Good luck with the build.
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2023, 11:04 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 206 Posts

Ive always been a cab guy, all the way back to my first car which was a 1958 MGA 1600 Roadster. I just took delivery of my Gentian Blue 2023 Turbo S Cab in May and absolutely love this car. It’s almost an entirely different ride from my 2010 911 4S Cab, but that’s a topic for a different thread

In terms of Cab vs Targa, I vote Cab all day long. While I do like the retro-styling of the Targa that carries over the original early-70’s air-cooled Targas, if you’re going for the open top driving experience I prefer the cleaner lines of the Cab. But as with all things, aesthetics are totally subjective and you frankly can’t make a bad choice with any of the 992 variants

The following 2 users liked this post by North Shore 911:
gellie (08-06-2023), wrksaf912 (08-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Cabriolet vs Targa