Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 10:20 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by bboerit
The factory closes annually for the entire month of August. My understanding is Porsche retools the factory for the next model year during this closure. This implies 8/1 allocations are for the next year model. This is the best of my knowledge anyway, others may be closer to this question.
That's not true. The "re-tooling" is not as expansive as you would think, especially when there are not model changes (e.g. 991 to 992). My Targa 4 (MY 2022) began production in late July. It finished on August 25, after the 4-week factory shutdown. Plenty of people here beat the clock, and got their '22 models built and shipped before the August vacation. I got my 2022 allocation in April. That's when they started this year. I assume that's when they typically start. With a predicted 6-month gap between order and delivery, that puts you in the early fall, which is when the next year's models start showing up, historically. Mine just arrived, by the way. Delivery is in 4 weeks.
The following users liked this post:
German1967 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 10:29 AM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
That's not true. The "re-tooling" is not as expansive as you would think, especially when there are not model changes (e.g. 991 to 992). My Targa 4 (MY 2022) began production in late July. It finished on August 25, after the 4-week factory shutdown. Plenty of people here beat the clock, and got their '22 models built and shipped before the August vacation. I got my 2022 allocation in April. That's when they started this year. I assume that's when they typically start. With a predicted 6-month gap between order and delivery, that puts you in the early fall, which is when the next year's models start showing up, historically. Mine just arrived, by the way. Delivery is in 4 weeks.
Assuming no swaps or bonus allocations occur, it would appear (and my SA says) my next chance is the supposed February 2022 release for the C4S Ive been waiting on since May.

I do recall that the 2022's made their "on-line" debut essentially 4/1/21.

So which model year would folks say I would likely be getting IF an allocation pops for me in Feb?....would it be an end of run 2022 or an as yet to be announced 2023?
Old 11-28-2021, 01:19 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
Assuming no swaps or bonus allocations occur, it would appear (and my SA says) my next chance is the supposed February 2022 release for the C4S Ive been waiting on since May.

I do recall that the 2022's made their "on-line" debut essentially 4/1/21.

So which model year would folks say I would likely be getting IF an allocation pops for me in Feb?....would it be an end of run 2022 or an as yet to be announced 2023?
A February allocation would be a 2022 model.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:19 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
A February allocation would be a 2022 model.
Ha, oh the torture!!....would be a year+ that Id have been waiting only then to start thinking about the "shinier" object of the impending model year changes Id be missing out on.
Certainly blessed to have these as challenges....
Old 11-30-2021, 09:39 AM
Majed
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bboerit
To answer the question re "allocations" specifically, dealers receive allocations Quarterly, Nov 1, Feb 1, May 1, Aug 1. Inbetween these dates, they MIGHT also receive additional allocations here and there based on sales volume, etc. This has been confirmed multiple times by multiple reputable dealers.
Thanks for the info.
SA has offered me a C2S feb allocation. I have been waiting for more than 2 months now to get a C2 allocation.

He advised me that they might get more allocations the first week of December.
will wait and see if he gets a C2 or i will go with C2S.
BTW i am in Saudi.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:18 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

I am not sure about Saudi, but in the States, 2 months would be very, very quick. I also don’t believe that the dealerships have any insight into what allocations they will get, so I would be cautious relying on that promised allocation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Drew46:
Aaron Lin (11-30-2021), Majed (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:23 PM
991.2GTS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My SA told me today there will be allocation dropping next week. Finger crossed
Majed (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:40 AM
xsnv
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the Middle East as well and it’s bout 3 months to get an allocation. It’s a fairly controlled market with one dealer so they’re fairly certain of their allocations. Delivery takes another few months so a 5/6 month turnaround.

Targa’s and Cabs are a lot more difficult - they get essentially one allocation a month so 12 cars over the course of the year.
Majed (12-01-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 03:14 PM
undersky2
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Almost mid December now. North America dealers said they are getting another special allocation (it was quarterly in the past but they are getting one November and December this time). In November most of them didn’t get any Base or S model. We are waiting for a base allocation to replace the base 992 I bought while waiting.

Is anyone else waiting to hear from dealer about December 992 allocation? Do you know when will it drop?
Old 12-06-2021, 03:27 PM
HappyHades
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by undersky2
Almost mid December now. North America dealers said they are getting another special allocation (it was quarterly in the past but they are getting one November and December this time). In November most of them didn’t get any Base or S model. We are waiting for a base allocation to replace the base 992 I bought while waiting.

Is anyone else waiting to hear from dealer about December 992 allocation? Do you know when will it drop?
interesting!

is your source reliable?

is this an additional allocation or is it replacing the next quarters?

does this apply to all dealers?

Old 12-06-2021, 04:05 PM
undersky2
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyHades
interesting!

is your source reliable?

is this an additional allocation or is it replacing the next quarters?

does this apply to all dealers?
three dealers (all of the ones I talked to) in Bay Area told me that.

If that turns out to be fake I will take back my deposit and just drive the 992 I already have (albeit not the config I would like since I got it from the lot used)

Last edited by undersky2; 12-06-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:10 PM
JimNy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

What would you guys suggest is the best way to get an allocation? I called my dealer and they have a 8 ppl waitlist for a c2s cab. I was just going to call around and find the shortest list for MSRP and pay the refundable deposit and put my name on. How many dealers should I do this at? Any tips on picking dealers or anything else different I should be doing?

thanks
Old 12-06-2021, 10:50 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by JimNy
Hey all,

What would you guys suggest is the best way to get an allocation? I called my dealer and they have a 8 ppl waitlist for a c2s cab. I was just going to call around and find the shortest list for MSRP and pay the refundable deposit and put my name on. How many dealers should I do this at? Any tips on picking dealers or anything else different I should be doing?

thanks
I would definitely call all the dealerships in the area. But in the NY area, I think it is going to be a very long (12-18 months easily) for an allocation art MSRP. Alternatively, you can call around to dealers in other areas of the country. if you find an allocation, you can always set up PDC delivery in Atlanta and drive the car home.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:14 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Has anyone received a 992 base or S allocation in December?

I've been waiting for a C2S allocation at my local dealer since May. First on the waiting list now but they have only received one C2S in July and that's been it. Like most other dealers, in November they received GTS, GT3 and TurboS spots, which would make sense since these are all produced on the same chassis apparently? My SA said they receive very little information from PCNA regarding timing of upcoming allocations, but he is thinking next batch will be in February.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:24 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by famous shoes
Has anyone received a 992 base or S allocation in December?

I've been waiting for a C2S allocation at my local dealer since May. First on the waiting list now but they have only received one C2S in July and that's been it. Like most other dealers, in November they received GTS, GT3 and TurboS spots, which would make sense since these are all produced on the same chassis apparently? My SA said they receive very little information from PCNA regarding timing of upcoming allocations, but he is thinking next batch will be in February.
I am looking for the same answer because I am in the exact same situation, except mine is for a C2 but I'm also first on the list. I last spoke with my SA in mid November and was told that an allocation in December would be likely, freeze date in March and then delivery in June/July. I asked him when we should speak next (so as to not pester the guy) and he told me that I'd be hearing from him in December. It's Dec 11 today and I haven't heard from him yet. So if there is anyone else out there that knows about Dec allocations, I'm all ears.
Agave (12-13-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation