2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 09:16 PM
jmp992c4s
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default MY2022 Build Allocations

Originally Posted by Agave
Anybody else out there "on the list" and expecting/hoping/dreaming for news of an allocation tomorrow?

Been waiting since May 2021, hoping to hear good news tomorrow(02/01).

Any news or hints of what to expect tomorrow from the salesperson/dealer?
I signed a "special order contract" and paid 10% down for a C4S in April 2021 and have been patiently waiting for my local dealer to come through. I didn't know the new batch of allocations were due about now. Hopefully good news soon. I'm in northern california and poking around the forums people say that c4s builds are very rare.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:35 PM
schuverde
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too am in the Bay Area. I put $1K down for both a C4S (last August), and base C2 (November). I was told the C2 would be much quicker. I haven't moved at all on the C4S list, so I'm told.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:41 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by jmp992c4s
I signed a "special order contract" and paid 10% down for a C4S in April 2021 and have been patiently waiting for my local dealer to come through. I didn't know the new batch of allocations were due about now. Hopefully good news soon. I'm in northern california and poking around the forums people say that c4s builds are very rare.
This is a massive deposit without an actual order (ie. an allocation not demand order). Not sure what a "special order contract is" but the C4S is not a rare car.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:48 PM
Newport IRL
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
This is a massive deposit without an actual order (ie. an allocation not demand order). Not sure what a "special order contract is" but the C4S is not a rare car.
When I first started looking I put a $5k deposit to be on a wait list. My BS detector got
tuned up real quick hanging out here for a couple of weeks and got my money back within the month and went and found an actual allocation.

Last edited by Newport IRL; 02-02-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:48 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
I have also never heard of a "special order contract" and I have had about 8 porsches over the last decade, and on my 2nd 992. I put 5K down in early august last year (for my 2nd 992 - which was a Targa 4S). Got my allocation mid August and car was build and delivered in December. So ~5 months. (at MSRP). I would have a hard time putting 10% down, and still waiting for an allocation, and having some fictional "special order contract" - which I do not think there is such a thing. It is nice that they are floating that much money of yours for what is going on a year. I would seriously think of a refund and calling a few other dealers outside your area to see if you can get a real allocation.
Old 02-03-2022, 11:32 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

I put down a $1,000 refundable deposit at the dealer where I got my allocation. Some others wanted $2500. But those were fully refundable deposits to hold a spot in the allocation line. Once I received an allocation, I was asked for $10,000 non-refundable deposit at the time the order was placed. Because the car is "special order", i.e. built to my spec and they can get stuck with it, a non-refundable deposit makes sense. But if you are still waiting for an allocation, "special order contract" is just dealer speak for them screweing you.
Old 02-03-2022, 11:49 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,451 Likes on 916 Posts

I was not asked for a deposit until I had a firm allocation, a commission number for my build and a V200 date. I had no issue with making a deposit at that point in the process.
The following users liked this post:
Drew46 (02-03-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 10:58 AM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

The news that a perceived 992.2 is now being scene testing (see other thread where I posted same message) just reinforces my envy of all those driving your 992s.

I placed my small deposit in May of 2021 for a C4S only to see each allocation window come and go. Here I sit waiting for my dealer to call me over the next few days with what should be the last "regularly" scheduled allocation drop for a 2022 model.
If nothing pops for me, then the next allocation drop, if I track previous years, will be late spring/early summer and those would be 2023 models produced just after the august shutdown.

Again, if Im tracking Porsche scheduling correctly, the detail (changes) of the coming years 911 model usually drop around the first week of April.

What a weird spot to be: waiting a year for a car that's 50/50 I get, seeing that a mid cycle refresh is already being test and will most certainly carry tantalizing changes, only to be now thinking "do I really want my 2022 allocation" because 60 days from now, I'll see that my car now has been upgraded via a model year change so what's a few more months wait!!
Old 02-04-2022, 11:14 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

I put $33K down in early August with my prior relationship dealer, got an early November allocation, car is currently due at dealership March 11.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:24 AM
kim9701
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
The news that a perceived 992.2 is now being scene testing (see other thread where I posted same message) just reinforces my envy of all those driving your 992s.

I placed my small deposit in May of 2021 for a C4S only to see each allocation window come and go. Here I sit waiting for my dealer to call me over the next few days with what should be the last "regularly" scheduled allocation drop for a 2022 model.
If nothing pops for me, then the next allocation drop, if I track previous years, will be late spring/early summer and those would be 2023 models produced just after the august shutdown.

Again, if Im tracking Porsche scheduling correctly, the detail (changes) of the coming years 911 model usually drop around the first week of April.

What a weird spot to be: waiting a year for a car that's 50/50 I get, seeing that a mid cycle refresh is already being test and will most certainly carry tantalizing changes, only to be now thinking "do I really want my 2022 allocation" because 60 days from now, I'll see that my car now has been upgraded via a model year change so what's a few more months wait!!
Wow, that's a long wait. But, the bright side is that the 2022 992.1 model should experience least amount of bugs.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:10 PM
RedTide
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07

I'm in the same boat.
Deposit placed back on Feb 1 of 2021 for a C4S for what I thought would be a late 2020 model. No allocation.
Model year and configurator got updated for '21, but still no allocation.
This year, looks like it will be a repeat of last year; I'm not holding my breath for a '22 allocation.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:39 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
I put $33K down in early August with my prior relationship dealer, got an early November allocation, car is currently due at dealership March 11.
It worked out for you which is good but there is no way I would put that much down just to get on the list for an allocation. These dealers are really milking it.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:11 PM
Carolina1
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 29 Posts

After waiting years to be in the position to get my dream car here I am to begin the wait. I realize that the wait will be a while and most likely I am getting a 2023, but I do not mind. I have waited this long another year is not going to kill me, in a strange sort of way its thrilling, kind of like the" chase is better then the kill " mentality . Plus I get to play around with the build to get it just right.
Waiting on a C2S Cab. I would have taken a base but I want a stick. Dealer did say he has a feeling from the inside that they may go back and offer stick in base for 2023 but who knows.
gave the deposit on Jan 30, no ADM. Dealer also will not take an allocation order for someone outside of their local market at this time. Like everyone else the dealer has no idea what they will be allocated but I am next in line for that model, i know this means nothing but it gives me a little hope.
for all those who have had multiple 911's over the years is there one option that you say, I HAVE to have that or damn i really should have gotten that, etc, i am not talking about things like alt stitching, something that matters
jmp992c4s (02-10-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Carolina1
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Joining the masses, now the waiting begins

After waiting years to be in the position to get my dream car here I am to begin the wait. I realize that the wait will be a while and most likely I am getting a 2023, but I do not mind. I have waited this long another year is not going to kill me, in a strange sort of way its thrilling, kind of like the" chase is better then the kill " mentality . Plus I get to play around with the build to get it just right.
Waiting on a C2S Cab. I would have taken a base but I want a stick. Dealer did say he has a feeling from the inside that they may go back and offer stick in base for 2023 but who knows.
gave the deposit on Jan 30, no ADM. Dealer also will not take an allocation order for someone outside of their local market at this time. Like everyone else the dealer has no idea what they will be allocated but I am next in line for that model, i know this means nothing but it gives me a little hope.
for all those who have had multiple 911's over the years is there one option that you say, I HAVE to have that or damn i really should have gotten that, etc, i am not talking about things like alt stitching, something that matters
Old 02-07-2022, 04:17 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

PASM and sport chrono.
Swayze (02-07-2022)

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation