Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 10:34 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by McNamara
Really curious as to when these cars will actually be built though. It seems that anything slated for production after March is in a total gray zone of uncertainty. My SA claims to have no clue what the second half of 2022 looks like.
Yes, naturally I'll be following that along too and even though I've been promised a July build, I'm aware that's an optimistic date. While a delay would not be ideal, hey, it feels good just to finally see some movement on this. It's clear that most of the C2X owners that are reporting allocations here have been waiting a long time. At last there is progress! Besides, if July is delayed and what-not that just means a new Porsche closer to Christmas time
Old 03-12-2022, 10:37 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Originally Posted by Shambler
In this round a C4 allocation did not occur for me despite allegedly being on the top of the list.

From my SA:
"... We just got our allocation through August and it was very light. No 911 4. Only a couple of 911’s period. In two months we will get more allocation of July and August. ..."
Reading all the recent postings, it is clear that this round of allocations was skewed to the C2X models. So I think your SA is being honest, it's basically been all C2 on here, no one has reported much else.
Just hang in there. I had just about given up on this whole process but it finally happened after 6 months - I've been "top of the list" the last 3 months. Just wait, it will come for you too.
The following 2 users liked this post by JiminyGlick:
Shambler (03-12-2022), tomingrassia (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 11:03 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
Reading all the recent postings, it is clear that this round of allocations was skewed to the C2X models. So I think your SA is being honest, it's basically been all C2 on here, no one has reported much else.
Just hang in there. I had just about given up on this whole process but it finally happened after 6 months - I've been "top of the list" the last 3 months. Just wait, it will come for you too.
Yes, my SA has been with me for about a year now. I fully believe him. In March of 2021, I started with the idea of introducing myself to the brand by getting a CPO Cayman S. I gave that up as the used car market went crazy. I passed on a Cayman S allocation in November 21. I do wonder if that car would've been on the Felicity Ace.

I didn't decide to jump to the dream car until this January. I've not been waiting very long compared to everyone else, so, more patience is required, that's all.

Q: What's the best sports car you can buy?
A: The most 911 you can afford!

Last edited by Shambler; 03-12-2022 at 11:04 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-12-2022, 11:11 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

I've not been waiting very long compared to everyone else, so, more patience is required, that's all.
Oh for sure. I don't think that anyone that received their allocation this time around has been waiting for anything less than 6 months.

Q: What's the best sports car you can buy?
A: The most 911 you can afford!
I like this! I thought about moving to the C8 or getting another American muscle car or whatever when I was giving up on the allocation. But I decided that nothing else satisfies the desire for a 911 than an actual 911

Old 03-13-2022, 09:36 AM
Carolina1
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 29 Posts

Just thought I would give you an update and my experience. I know everyone has been waiting for a long time, reading all these post many have been on the list for 6 mo's or more. My SA always said to me that getting a allocation was a crap shoot. Luckily for me I picked the right car, (C2S cab) I put my order in on Jan 30th and got my allocation on Friday! I know people will hate for my luck. Asked my SA how they did overall in this latest round of allocations. Told me that is was light and basically all 911 base or s. He still has a bunch of people who didnt get cars. He also told me some other interesting things, btw this rep was been with porsche for 30 years and has some real connections with Porsche
1) was told to expect a price increase about 12-15% for 2023
2) said a lot of dealers take orders but never put them into the Porsche system as a demand orders, they just hold them and wait for the allocation to come in, seems strange but some dealers put in demand orders for what THEY want and then sell it
3) he heard also heard they they have stopped all the electric car production for a bit, hence why I think this allocation became available.
3) they have completely stopped taking an orders on turbo's, he doesn't believe this cars will ever be built or of it is it will be in very small nubers
4) a lot of options are being pulled off orders, most of them are performance based options,, brakes and such. None of it affected my order.
5) I really liked the fact he went through my order and actually pulled things off that he said was not worth it or based on how I was going to use the car I would never need that particular option.

sorry to ramble , I know people on this site love all kinds of information and facts so a couple more about my car/order
1) ordered from my local dealer ( he would only take orders if you were local, no out of state orders) mid size dealer in a mod size east coast town
2) ordered a C2S Cab , manual transmission
. Black/tan total options added $8,900 so definitely did not go crazy on the option side.
3) MSRP, no ADM
4) just booked my Porsche driving exprence in Atlanta. Going in May with a group of buddies. What's nice is one of the cars is a S manual so I will get to learn how to really drive the car and transmission as intended by Porsche. My SA said that this is the best $500 you will ever spend, said it is truly the only way to really learn about and how to drive the car, esp if you are new to the brand.

congrats to everyone who got a spot on this latest round and everyone else, hang in there it will happen.

Last edited by Carolina1; 03-13-2022 at 11:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina1:
Go Bruins (03-13-2022), tomingrassia (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 01:07 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 564 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Carolina1
Just thought I would give you an update and my experience. I know everyone has been waiting for a long time, reading all these post many have been on the list for 6 mo's or more. My SA always said to me that getting a allocation was a crap shoot. Luckily for me I picked the right car, (C2S cab) I put my order in on Jan 30th and got my allocation on Friday! I know people will hate for my luck. Asked my SA how they did overall in this latest round of allocations. Told me that is was light and basically all 911 base or s. He still has a bunch of people who didnt get cars. He also told me some other interesting things, btw this rep was been with porsche for 30 years and has some real connections with Porsche
2) said a lot of dealers take orders but never put them into the Porsche system as a demand orders, they just hold them and wait for the allocation to come in, seems strange but some dealers put in demand orders for what THEY want and then sell it
3) he heard also heard they they have stopped all the electric car production for a bit, hence why I think this allocation became available.
3) they have completely stopped taking an orders on turbo's, he doesn't believe this cars will ever be built or of it is it will be in very small nubers
4) a lot of options are being pulled off orders, most of them are performance based options,, brakes and such. None of it affected my order.
5) I really liked the fact he went through my order and actually pulled things off that he said was not worth it or based on how I was going to use the car I would never need that particular option.

sorry to ramble , I know people on this site love all kinds of information and facts so a couple more about my car/order
1) ordered from my local dealer ( he would only take orders if you were local, no out of state orders) mid size dealer in a mod size east coast town
. Black/tan total options added $8,900 so definitely did not go crazy on the option side.
3) MSRP, no ADM
4) just booked my Porsche driving exprence in Atlanta. Going in May with a group of buddies. What's nice is one of the cars is a S manual so I will get to learn how to really drive the car and transmission as intended by Porsche. My SA said that this is the best $500 you will ever spend, said it is truly the only way to really learn about and how to drive the car, esp if you are new to the brand.

congrats to everyone who got a spot on this latest round and everyone else, hang in there it will happen.
@Carolina1 I was at PEC ATL last month and was on track with the 992 C2S 7M. It was a blast!
The following users liked this post:
Carolina1 (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 01:11 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

3) MSRP, no ADM

There is little doubt that there will be a price increase. But double digits? I have to call BS on that one. I'll say that any price increase will stay in the single digits and if there are any in the double digits, it might be 1 model at most.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:19 PM
ron4sc
Instructor

Received 304 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC48
@Carolina1 I was at PEC ATL last month and was on track with the 992 C2S 7M. It was a blast!
I wasn't aware that you can specify a manual versus PDK. How did you make your request? I've been to the PEC ATL several times for dinner and to watch the people on the track. It looks like a lot of fun.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:40 PM
Carolina1
Advanced

If you go though the website where you pick what you want , the manual is towards the bottom. Only issue is only avil Tues-Thurs
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina1:
DSC48 (03-14-2022), ron4sc (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 02:45 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
There is little doubt that there will be a price increase. But double digits? I have to call BS on that one. I'll say that any price increase will stay in the single digits and if there are any in the double digits, it might be 1 model at most.
Second that. A double digit increase might on a specific model but it would also still come with some value-add in the form of component upgrades. Plus I don't buy that particular SA's are that much more wired than others to what is occurring in German boardrooms.

Still, congrats on getting the allocation, that is most important.
JiminyGlick (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 03:07 PM
Carolina1
Advanced

I agree, I was just relaying what he was saying,
Old 03-13-2022, 03:38 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,173 Likes on 3,019 Posts

Given inflation around the globe and increased supply chain costs (ie. Being unable to do wiring harnesses cheaply in Ukraine, higher metals costs, etc), I wouldn’t be surprised to see a larger than usual bump in price for the 23MY.
peterdouglas (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 03:43 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

In my info from my SA he said: "It seems that the most effected vehicle will be the Macan."
This was mixed into our conversation on supply chain and Ukraine.

If there's a 10% bump, I don't know what I will do. I was trying to stay under $130K. Do I want to spend more for what is really a trophy?
Admittedly, this would be one awesome trophy!!!
Old 03-13-2022, 04:32 PM
CaliforniaGTS
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allocation help please

I need help getting an allocation for a GTS cabriolet. I’ve been on a waiting list since Oct with one dealer. When a GTS cab allocation was given to the dealer in Nov/early Dec, I was told it had to be given to someone who was ahead of me. That I was behind someone was news to me at that time. I was then told that it should come through in the next round being late Jan/Feb. Then that became late Feb/early March. I heard yesterday (after me reaching out to the dealer) that they didn’t get the allocation and I’ll have to keep waiting.

I’m a super easy customer… I’ve got the build designed and will pay cash. The dealer is making money for simply taking an order.

So after waiting for almost 6 months, I’m now feeling naive for putting my eggs in this one basket. I have no duplicate orders across other dealers. Is that foolish?

I live in California, but don’t mind buying from a dealer out of state. Will pay MSRP but not with an ADM.

Can anyone give me any advice, or point me to a good dealer that can make this happen and not attempt to gauge me.

thanks

Michael

3) MSRP, no ADM

Old 03-13-2022, 07:40 PM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliforniaGTS
I need help getting an allocation for a GTS cabriolet. I’ve been on a waiting list since Oct with one dealer. When a GTS cab allocation was given to the dealer in Nov/early Dec, I was told it had to be given to someone who was ahead of me. That I was behind someone was news to me at that time. I was then told that it should come through in the next round being late Jan/Feb. Then that became late Feb/early March. I heard yesterday (after me reaching out to the dealer) that they didn’t get the allocation and I’ll have to keep waiting.

I’m a super easy customer… I’ve got the build designed and will pay cash. The dealer is making money for simply taking an order.

So after waiting for almost 6 months, I’m now feeling naive for putting my eggs in this one basket. I have no duplicate orders across other dealers. Is that foolish?

I live in California, but don’t mind buying from a dealer out of state. Will pay MSRP but not with an ADM.

Can anyone give me any advice, or point me to a good dealer that can make this happen and not attempt to gauge me.

thanks

Michael
GTS allocations are hot, and very limited.
I’ve only received 2 thus far and have really only local customers on the list. Short supply on all 911 lately, but especially GTS

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation