Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 11:16 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Newport IRL
Something is off with the dates they are quoting you. A March allocation would not deliver to the west coast in May or June. It would be no sooner than July. My October allocation will get to the west coast in March, and it is 2 weeks later than that already, looking like April. Build locked Dec 1, was supposed to into production 12/24, with a 3/18/22 delivery, but it hasn’t actually gone into production yet. It takes nearly 6 weeks just in transit, best case. What is your freeze date?
I asked the OP if his selling dealer was Rusnak Pasadena because I was offered that same allocation...Base Carrera with a March production date and a April/May delivery date. I believe the lock date was in Feb..
Old 01-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Newport IRL
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 3uros
I asked the OP if his selling dealer was Rusnak Pasadena because I was offered that same allocation...Base Carrera with a March production date and a April/May delivery date. I believe the lock date was in Feb..
My dates to NorCal lock 12/1, start production 12/24, delivery to dealer 3/18/22. Even from start of production it is close to 3 months. To NorCal adds a week. OP should ask for a screenshot from the dealer of the tentative tracking schedule from the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System.

Last edited by Newport IRL; 01-07-2022 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:19 AM
dunkman
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I have an email to my brand ambassador who has been great so far about this whole thing. It does say I have 2 months until Lock so I can mess with it until then. Was thinking of going White instead of Gentian blue anyways.

Also no, it was not Rusnak, it was South more

edit: Does anyone have a link to the 2022 CXX options? I'm down to do this.

Last edited by dunkman; 01-08-2022 at 12:26 AM. Reason: adding a request
Old 01-08-2022, 01:19 AM
snotdocz
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by getto822000
Just got my allocation and placed the order today. Locking in April and said to arrive in July. Zero markup over MSRP, great local dealership.

PTS W85 Viola Purple Metallic with full leather Graphite Blue interior and Chalk full deviated stitching.

Also manual trans, PCCB's, RAS, PASM, lightweight glass and 4-ways. Will be a fun car for general use and fun track time.

Full Graphite Blue with every leather option available and full Chalk deviated stitching (not shown)

W85 Viola Purple Metallic

Similar build design to this cool 964
LOVE the color.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:38 AM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Jonesing for a little allocation speculation

As a no allocation sufferer, thought Id gin up some speculation (im bored with my skiing and RRvr forums and no one has pontificated on this thread recently)

The Feb/March drop is juuuuust around the corner. What would folks say would be a rarer allocation to see in todays climate, a C4 or C4S? (this is what Im personally waiting on)

Im thinking C4 but thats just from my own observations over years. Yet I see a southshore Boston dealer advertising a random "Carmine" red C4 when no other stock really exists in NE, wonder how that dropped?

Now widening that question, outside of a GT(s) car and the TTs, what would folks say the will be the lowest/rarest allocation in the line based upon todays trends? C, C4, C4S, Cabs in same configs, Targas in same congifs? (im thinking toss btwn Cab4 & Targa4) What model am i missing?

Pontificate away....
Old 01-22-2022, 08:56 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
As a no allocation sufferer, thought Id gin up some speculation (im bored with my skiing and RRvr forums and no one has pontificated on this thread recently)

The Feb/March drop is juuuuust around the corner. What would folks say would be a rarer allocation to see in todays climate, a C4 or C4S? (this is what Im personally waiting on)

Im thinking C4 but thats just from my own observations over years. Yet I see a southshore Boston dealer advertising a random "Carmine" red C4 when no other stock really exists in NE, wonder how that dropped?

Now widening that question, outside of a GT(s) car and the TTs, what would folks say the will be the lowest/rarest allocation in the line based upon todays trends? C, C4, C4S, Cabs in same configs, Targas in same congifs? (im thinking toss btwn Cab4 & Targa4) What model am i missing?

Pontificate away....
I believe all 992 targas are AWD, but I may be mistaken. From your list definitely C4 and C4S will be the hardest to come by. It has always been like that. Hope your dealer can accommodate your allocation on the next round, if not, PM me if interested, as I will sell my PTS '22 9924S (car on my avatar) soon in favor of the GT3T that I am receiving in a few months. Car is new. Good luck!.

Last edited by JAB12; 01-22-2022 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:05 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
I believe all 992 targas are AWD, but I may be mistaken. From your list definitely C4 and C4S will be the hardest to come by. It has always been like that. Hope your dealer can accommodate your allocation on the next round, if not, PM me if interested, as I will sell my PTS '22 9924S (car on my avatar) soon in favor of the GT3T that I am receiving in a few months. Car is new. Good luck!.
All Targa's are AWD - correct.

I think historically in amount of production (there is a thread out there somewhere from last year that showed how many produced each year). IIRC The least produced to most produced variants are Targa 4, C4 (coupe/Cab) then probably the Targa 4S, Cab 4S, C2 then Coupe 4S (not counting GTS or GT cars). (Could be off, didn't look up the old thread)

Not sure if the amount produced also equals ease or rarity of allocations, but might represent it.

Last edited by Richard_Wallace; 01-22-2022 at 09:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JAB12 (01-22-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 11:59 PM
Gohoos
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Pontificate away....
I called that dealer last week. Ask is $20K ADM which they moved a bit to $15K when I balked. Nice spec....
Old 01-25-2022, 11:18 AM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Pontificate away....
Are you concerned about “rareness” of the length of wait. Targa 4 and C4 cab are probably the rarest but they may be easier to get than some other trims. I have heard from a few dealers/brokers that they seem to be getting more GTS allocations than usual, so may be easier to get a GTS than an S…makes sense since the GTS is basically a software tune and bigger brakes so much more profitable for Porsche.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:27 PM
Goone2k3
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys a dealer is quoting me 50K ADM for an allocation for Turbo S coupe, locks in February for late May/June delivery. That seems a little high to me? How much should I be paying for a Turbo S allocation?

Last edited by Goone2k3; 01-25-2022 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:30 PM
HappyHades
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Goone2k3
Heys dealer is quoting me 50K ADM for an allocation for Turbo S coupe, locks in February for late May/June delivery. That seems a little high to me? How much should I be paying for a Turbo S allocation?
tell to eff off and move on. And MSRP is most you should be paying.
The following 2 users liked this post by HappyHades:
Booth9999 (01-26-2022), Yojeffo (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Goone2k3
5th Gear

haha ok thanks for letting me know
Old 01-26-2022, 12:47 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Hey guys a dealer is quoting me 50K ADM for an allocation for Turbo S coupe, locks in February for late May/June delivery. That seems a little high to me? How much should I be paying for a Turbo S allocation?
You should go on the "992 Turbo/Turbo S" forum for better info on pricing for this car. But FYI, that's not a crazy ADM for my area.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:33 AM
Goone2k3
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Go Bruins
You should go on the "992 Turbo/Turbo S" forum for better info on pricing for this car. But FYI, that's not a crazy ADM for my area.
thanks for letting me know. I am in the same area Socal, so is this the usual amount of ADM for the area?
Old 01-26-2022, 02:15 AM
Newport IRL
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

thanks for letting me know. I am in the same area Socal, so is this the usual amount of ADM for the area?
See attached post for So. Cal ADM.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1286...l#post17920392

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation