Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 11:52 AM
Porsche newb
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Says the person that paid too much for instant gratification. Where there's a profit to be had Porsche will take advantage of it to make more. I'll bet the car will be priced 5-6% more and be selling at MSRP next year.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:56 AM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

From GT3 to a Rubicon? That’s one large itch you are trying to scratch!
Old 12-24-2021, 02:18 PM
ClickClickBoom
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Iconic polar opposite's

Originally Posted by SBAD
From GT3 to a Rubicon? That’s one large itch you are trying to scratch!
Old 12-24-2021, 05:41 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 762 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche newb
Says the person that paid too much for instant gratification. Where there's a profit to be had Porsche will take advantage of it to make more. I'll bet the car will be priced 5-6% more and be selling at MSRP next year.
They may be able to shift production a little from the 718 to 911, but its not like they can increase production by 50% or something as they don't have the capacity in the factory.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche newb (12-25-2021)
Old 12-24-2021, 06:24 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom
I was contacted yesterday by my dealer. I got an allocation on base car to be built in May. I'm declining it, because I'm going to wait this out a couple years. I really dream of a 991 gt3. In the mean time I ordered a Rubicon 392 to menace my neighborhood.
Those are TOTALLY badass.
I have a Panamera GTS picked up in the Summer cuz I got tired of waitin' on the 992 GTS's but I keep lobbying the wife to pick up the Rubicon for the Winter .. wish me luck LOL
Old 12-24-2021, 07:13 PM
dunkman
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just signed up here as I just got my allocation. I've been calling around LA dealers, talking to various SAs for a couple of months now trying to get a Base Carrera allocation. Initially back in Sept or so, they were saying 15-20k over MSRP (I spoke with ~5 or so dealers and no allocations were available until early next year at the earliest, but they could have sold me them then. So back in Sept I was being offered Feb/Marc allos for 15-20k over. I said I'd wait. Last week the SA at my closest dealer called and said he had base allos for $15k over, and I passed, then yesterday emailed and said it was down to 10k.

So I went in, talked through it all as it's my first time ordering a car, and signed up for a May allocation. He went off to do paperwork and I was sitting side by side with him at the computer and he left the allocation software up and I took a peek at the spreadsheet. This is a major dealer in LA and they were getting less than 1 of each model per month and had nothing open for anything before march, and only a few 'sold' cars (LF/KF??). No Carreras till March, no Carrera S until June and then only 1, and no Carerra Cabs, etc etc. He had 1 4S allocation in May that he said was going for 40k over if I wanted it. Even the Carrera S was a $25k ADM.

Now I just have to send in my 10k partial payment to lock in my allocation and then spend the next several months tinkering with the Configurator. He said the Aerokit has a stop sale on it, which is fine, but other than that, don't screw it up with some terrible combos.

edit: He says to expect a July delivery from a May allocation. I am not in any rush.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:52 AM
undersky2
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

My dealer wasn’t lying. I also just got my allocation. Freeze April delivery June. No adm just as agreed in the summer.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:01 PM
maine992
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

As a new user I will ad my experience as I have found his forum to be invaluable all the years I have lurked on here.
I have contacted three dealers regarding an S allocation. all are saying 6-12 months out for any glimpse of an actual car. ( I suspect closer to 12)
One is asking 10k over MSRP, two others are at MSRP. One of the two is only MSRP for local / repeat customers.
I decided to put my eggs all in one basket and pick one dealer and wait for my allocation, they were the most responsive, no BS, and positive remarks from customers on this forum. .
guess I will update as things go, and post a build when its real
thank you everyone for your posts on all topics, I will contribute meaningfully when I can.
Go Bruins (01-03-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 06:42 PM
cozycalv
5th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

also long time lurker here, figured i'd share my experience. 1st on list for C2 992 since October '21 and patiently waiting. GSM has been tremendously helpful but unfortunately this dealer was only able to fill exactly 1 allocation for any and all 992s in this recent allocation run. Fingers crossed something comes up soon. Will keep everyone updated and appreciate all insights : )
Old 01-05-2022, 08:07 PM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 95 Posts

Just got my allocation and placed the order today. Locking in April and said to arrive in July. Zero markup over MSRP, great local dealership.

PTS W85 Viola Purple Metallic with full leather Graphite Blue interior and Chalk full deviated stitching.

Also manual trans, PCCB's, RAS, PASM, lightweight glass and 4-ways. Will be a fun car for general use and fun track time.

Full Graphite Blue with every leather option available and full Chalk deviated stitching (not shown)

W85 Viola Purple Metallic

Similar build design to this cool 964

The following 3 users liked this post by getto822000:
AlexCeres (02-01-2022), Gr33n (01-26-2022), JBM718GTS (01-06-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 04:12 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

This is good to see in this time of ADMs:

Ford warning dealers not to gouge F-150 Lighting reservation holders | Fox Business
tomingrassia (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 04:27 PM
dunkman
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wired the 10k to my SoCal porsche dealer to reserve my May Allocation for July Delivery. A few days later they're like "Great! We got you locked for a March allocation, May delivery!" and I'm like no no, that won't work (I am getting a big deposit in June that is making this whole thing work financially). So I email back and forth and they're like "oh yeah, whoops, May allocation, June delivery you're good!.

Today I get the welcome to the Porsche Dream email from Porsche and it still says March Allocation, May Delivery and I'm kinda freaking out. I can't pick up the car in May!

Is it because the dealer has open allocations for mar/apr/may and they're just trying to stick me in the first slot so they don't lose it? I'm not sure how it all works. I definitely want to knock off the ADM if they force me to take the car 2 months early.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:58 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by dunkman
I wired the 10k to my SoCal porsche dealer to reserve my May Allocation for July Delivery. A few days later they're like "Great! We got you locked for a March allocation, May delivery!" and I'm like no no, that won't work (I am getting a big deposit in June that is making this whole thing work financially). So I email back and forth and they're like "oh yeah, whoops, May allocation, June delivery you're good!.

Today I get the welcome to the Porsche Dream email from Porsche and it still says March Allocation, May Delivery and I'm kinda freaking out. I can't pick up the car in May!

Is it because the dealer has open allocations for mar/apr/may and they're just trying to stick me in the first slot so they don't lose it? I'm not sure how it all works. I definitely want to knock off the ADM if they force me to take the car 2 months early.
Was this Rusnak in Pasadena?
Old 01-07-2022, 11:06 PM
Newport IRL
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

Something is off with the dates they are quoting you. A March allocation would not deliver to the west coast in May or June. It would be no sooner than July. My October allocation will get to the west coast in March, and it is 2 weeks later than that already, looking like April. Build locked Dec 1, was supposed to into production 12/24, with a 3/18/22 delivery, but it hasn’t actually gone into production yet. It takes nearly 6 weeks just in transit, best case. What is your freeze date?

Last edited by Newport IRL; 01-07-2022 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:15 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 368 Posts

Add 2-3 CXX items to your build. The car will push out 1-2 months due to this and don’t sweat it. Every allocation has a preset timeline, unless you add paint to sample or Sonderwunsch items so the timeline changes (moves further away) based on Porsche approval of paint or special customized projects. The dealer has nothing to do with this. Don’t be afraid, just do it. It is simpler than you think.

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation