992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021 | 07:38 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Stopped at the dealer's today to sit in 14 way seats to ensure that is what I want (it is). I asked my SA about 911 allocations and he said the only allocations they got were GT3's and GTS's, no 911's. He said that was the widespread news.

Last edited by Scott P; 11-16-2021 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2021 | 07:44 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

I suspect a bit of a production run of GTS’ this time so the crafts folks can concentrate on one chassis given the GTS’ different running gear. Makes sense from an efficiency standpoint I believe. Others may correct my thought process.
The following users liked this post:
911therapy (11-16-2021)
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:02 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

This is a really noddy question - apologies.....

Is an 'allocation' month the same as a 'build' month?.... I have been told by my dealer that my allocation month is July 2022. So I challenged that given that I want an MY23 car and a July 'build' would be MY22

The dealer replied that the 'allocation' would be July 2022 - but the 'build' slot would be later in Q3 2022 (I assume it will be September given the factory shuts down in August)....... and it would therefore be an MY23 car. Does that seem plausible?

There are lots of forum posts and even a YouTube dealer vid saying that the allocation month will be the build month. So that would mean an MY22 car, which I would not be happy about.

Any guidance much appreciated

Many thanks
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:12 AM
Drew46
Drifting

Originally Posted by smoothound
This is a really noddy question - apologies.....

Is an 'allocation' month the same as a 'build' month?.... I have been told by my dealer that my allocation month is July 2022. So I challenged that given that I want an MY23 car and a July 'build' would be MY22

The dealer replied that the 'allocation' would be July 2022 - but the 'build' slot would be later in Q3 2022 (I assume it will be September given the factory shuts down in August)....... and it would therefore be an MY23 car. Does that seem plausible?

There are lots of forum posts and even a YouTube dealer vid saying that the allocation month will be the build month. So that would mean an MY22 car, which I would not be happy about.

Any guidance much appreciated

Many thanks

I am not sure there is such a thing as an "allocation month" as that would imply that they can predict what allocations they get and when. In reality, allocations are much more reactive than proactive. More so these days when no dealers know what allocations they will get or when.

Once your dealer receives their allocations, they will match them up with their customers. Then you place and order so yo have an "order date". At that point you will get an (estimated/projected) Freeze Date, Build Date and Delivery Date.

I suspect that your SA is saying that he/she believes that they will have an allocation to give to you in July. So, if you placed your order in July, you would likely get a freeze date around September and a build date in October/November making it a MY 23 car. With that said, I would be very cautious about relying on any predictions as to when allocation will become available.
smoothound (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:24 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Drew46
I am not sure there is such a thing as an "allocation month" as that would imply that they can predict what allocations they get and when. In reality, allocations are much more reactive than proactive. More so these days when no dealers know what allocations they will get or when.

Once your dealer receives their allocations, they will match them up with their customers. Then you place and order so yo have an "order date". At that point you will get an (estimated/projected) Freeze Date, Build Date and Delivery Date.

I suspect that your SA is saying that he/she believes that they will have an allocation to give to you in July. So, if you placed your order in July, you would likely get a freeze date around September and a build date in October/November making it a MY 23 car. With that said, I would be very cautious about relying on any predictions as to when allocation will become available.
Thanks, that makes sense -

Things changed when I added custom paint to my order - things went from a vague 'late in 2022' to be decided - to July 2022 a firm allocation month.

Apparently this is because the factory tend to bunch custom paint orders together - and 'slots' for these cars are coordinated centrally. I must admit my dealer was not very clear describing the process. He just reassures me that it will be MY23 but confirmed the allocation is July22, which seems at odds with MY23

It just all sounds 'off' to me

maybe it's just paranoia

cheers

Old 11-19-2021 | 09:31 AM
Drew46
Drifting

Just because you are paranoid does not mean that people aren't actually out to get you.

I would be a tad bit skeptical that they can predict future allocations of build slots with any degree of confidence, but that could be different with custom paint. I am sure there are other, more knowledgable people who will chime in.
JiminyGlick (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:32 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
Stopped at the dealer's today to sit in 14 way seats to ensure that is what I want (it is). I asked my SA about 911 allocations and he said the only allocations they got were GT3's and GTS's, no 911's. He said that was the widespread news.
I received a C4S cab allocation on 11/1. When I pre-traded my 991.2 in September, my SA correctly predicted a January build/March delivery. Maybe we both were lucky. I did miss the deadline for my requested Custom Color, but was unwilling to wait for what he predicted may be as long as next fall. So, I'm learning to love Gentian Blue.
I'm 3 weeks (ish) from freeze date. All of my other orders have frozen at least a few days early.
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:37 AM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

I was given an allocation in July. The car was built in October.
smoothound (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:43 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by audi4t
I was given an allocation in July. The car was built in October.
Thanks A, that is v. reassuring! cheers
Old 11-19-2021 | 09:55 AM
Drew46
Drifting

Out of curiosity, why the strong preference for a MY 23?
Old 11-19-2021 | 10:10 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

no crystal ball...

It just coincides with the end of my present lease and makes things cleaner for me, it's nice to have any upgrades made available for a new MY -

and helps a little with resale value..... Unless it is discounted (which it isn't) a last gasp car of an MY (July) - loses value a smidge, as soon as the next MY hit the streets
Old 11-19-2021 | 02:07 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Originally Posted by kytery
I may have found the end of the rainbow, but the Colorado Springs Porsche hit me up yesterday and said they had a 992 c2 available for delivery in a week. I’ve been trying to get an allocation for anything 992 for the last month and there’s been absolutely nothing. Like most say on here, continue the hunt and be ready to put your hold down right away even if it’s for the waitlist. That way when one comes up they know you’re serious and will hit you up.
That's interesting because I had a C2 also offered to me recently and its arriving this week. So that's at least two C2 orders where buyers backed out at delivery time (presumably). Don't want to draw too many conclusions from that (small sample size and all that) but it's an interesting data point to consider.
Old 11-19-2021 | 02:18 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
That's interesting because I had a C2 also offered to me recently and its arriving this week. So that's at least two C2 orders where buyers backed out at delivery time (presumably). Don't want to draw too many conclusions from that (small sample size and all that) but it's an interesting data point to consider.
Perhaps the dealers are splatting an ADM on the C2s and the buyer is balking at it?

Lots of points to consider, I agree.
Old 11-19-2021 | 02:26 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Originally Posted by PHX
Perhaps the dealers are splatting an ADM on the C2s and the buyer is balking at it?

Lots of points to consider, I agree.
No, this was offered to me straight up at a dealer where I have an order for a C2 also without ADM. They offered because its similar to my build and it's literally headed their way. So I was given the option to buy or continue my order, no ADM. It's clearly a situation where the buyer changed their mind (verified that it was a customer, not dealer, order).
Old 11-19-2021 | 02:51 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Just stopped into the Charlotte dealer while in town for work to casually ask (torture myself) if they had received any C4S allocations last go around and thankfully they said no, only highline stuff often talked about here.
They do have a 2020 C2S cab on the floor with 14K on it listed for $159K. I "rebuilt" it as a 2022 and it came in at $157K which would include 2 years of base cost inflation.
About 2 miles down the road is the Tesla dealer who no joke, was stuffed with cars, I mean 100's it looks like available.

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation