2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 02:56 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by chemsales
rk-d
Your schedule is almost exactly as mine other than my lock date was 8/31. Last night it was shuffled again and it shows port entry/exit port/dealer inventory all at 11/12. Is yours a PEC Atlanta or a local dealer? Mine is PEC Atlanta (I live in Atlanta as well) but is now showing Baltimore as my port for 11/12.
did your dealer have you fill out a Porsche Experience delivery order form? Mine didn't initially and my TYD showed Baltimore. Then I asked him about it, he sent me the form, and a few days later, TYD updated. I also got a PCNA email with info on PEC.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
I think they are good cars, interested in them myself - alot of the "Fix It Again Tony" stuff about FIAT, was overblown. The early models had a batch of bad batteries that caused owners all kinds of problems, so there were alot of complaints in 2018. But yes, lots everywhere are full of them - and the 2022s are just coming in now. And somehow, they don't seem to have any chip shortages and are building them.
It is called sell through rate.

And despite the Stelvios success in some markets it is far from a big seller nationally only 10,000 units per year. Where as Ford sells 10,000 F150s in a couple of weeks. So who’s going to be more affected by a chip shortage? Clearly Ford. And the Alfa sedans are DOA.

https://carsalesbase.com/us-alfa-romeo-stelvio/

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 09-04-2021 at 04:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PHX (09-04-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 03:57 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 842 Likes on 391 Posts

rk-d
Your schedule is almost exactly as mine other than my lock date was 8/31. Last night it was shuffled again and it shows port entry/exit port/dealer inventory all at 11/12. Is yours a PEC Atlanta or a local dealer? Mine is PEC Atlanta (I live in Atlanta as well) but is now showing Baltimore as my port for 11/12.
I'm scheduled for PEC Atlanta delivery on 12/5.
My dealer is Perimeter Porsche and port of entry is Jacksonville Fl on 12/3.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:21 PM
chemsales
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks achilleas101 and audi4t, I’ll contact my SA on Tuesday.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:14 PM
chemsales
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks achilleas101 and audi4t, I’ll contact my SA on Tuesday.
Thanks again guys. I contacted my SA and they realized they needed to submit the form. It was completed last evening and submitted to PCNA. Now I am just waiting to see what changes on the TYD timeline.

Audi4t, I was under the impression that PCNA does not schedule slots until cars are on the ship. Do you have a confirmed date and time for PEC Atlanta?
The following 2 users liked this post by chemsales:
achilleas101 (09-08-2021), smoothound (11-19-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 06:17 PM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 842 Likes on 391 Posts

Thanks again guys. I contacted my SA and they realized they needed to submit the form. It was completed last evening and submitted to PCNA. Now I am just waiting to see what changes on the TYD timeline.

Audi4t, I was under the impression that PCNA does not schedule slots until cars are on the ship. Do you have a confirmed date and time for PEC Atlanta?
Hi

I received an email from PEC Atlanta wanting to schedule delivery in December.
My delivery on TYD was 11/28.
There was a contact name and number.
Since I will be on vacation most of December I called and rescheduled for January- I have yet to fix a date for that.

BTW I was at Hennessy today and the Python Green 911 wasn’t there.

I was also over at Perimeter and paid the balance of my deposit..

My SA emphasized that the TYD dates are flexible. He thought It’s more likely the car will arrive in January!!!!

Old 09-09-2021, 12:29 AM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by audi4t;[url=tel:17656194
17656194[/url]]Hi

I received an email from PEC Atlanta wanting to schedule delivery in December.
My delivery on TYD was 11/28.
There was a contact name and number.
Since I will be on vacation most of December I called and rescheduled for January- I have yet to fix a date for that.

BTW I was at Hennessy today and the Python Green 911 wasn’t there.

I was also over at Perimeter and paid the balance of my deposit..

My SA emphasized that the TYD dates are flexible. He thought It’s more likely the car will arrive in January!!!!
I am surprised you were able to schedule it before your car was on the boat. I was told that I cannot schedule PECLA until the car is on the boat and my TYD date is 10/24.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:47 PM
Char1982
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Thescout13
I am surprised you were able to schedule it before your car was on the boat. I was told that I cannot schedule PECLA until the car is on the boat and my TYD date is 10/24.
hey thescout13, can you PM me please. I saw your post about getting $2k off msrp on your build and would like more info if possible. I tried to PM but couldn’t..
Old 09-22-2021, 11:32 PM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Char1982
hey thescout13, can you PM me please. I saw your post about getting $2k off msrp on your build and would like more info if possible. I tried to PM but couldn’t..
Tried to send you a PM but couldn’t. To be fair, I locked my price back in March before things got as wild as they are today through a referral from a good friend who has a long relationship with my SA.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:51 PM
HamburgNYC
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
What does the commission number indicate? I’m asking because I have a commission number on my build sheet for a 2022 GTS in V070 status but don’t think allocations are out for the GTS yet. Previously I thought V200 meant I had a real order in the pipeline.
I got my commission number for my Targa 4S in end of April. That meant that I was locked in for my car. I then had about 6 weeks or so to make changes to my configuration. The car was finally delivered last week.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:36 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Muelas
I called a local dealership in So Cal and was able to get an allocation for a 2022 Targa 4s in Mid-August. I have a freeze date of Nov 10 and estimated delivery of Feb 11, 2022.
Congrats. I’m in a similar position as you. Put a deposit in Denver, CO on a 911 s 992 manual on late July. Was told it would lock in in Nov. 2021. Delivery in Feb 2022.
Ordering Agate gray with a black interior.
Best of luck with your delivery.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:02 PM
captainhaggs
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Porsche aside, because its a niche brand, I am starting to not believe this "chip shortage" as on ongoing excuse for all this, for years now. I think the automakers want to change the production and distribution dynamics for cars - don't want millions of cars in inventory pipelines, and the shortages give them the ability to increase the prices on the cars they sell. Other goods manufacturers want to do the same - appliances, etc - shortages are how they raise prices, and they don't want to give those price increases back and return the market to what it was. Taiwan makes 50% of these chips - you know what the COVID case and death rate was in Taiwan today - 5 cases, 1 death. Go look at the numbers for yourself, there is no COVID pandemic in Taiwan that is shutting down all the chip plants.
They aren't potato chips and even if they were, they rely, like everyone else on a global supply chain. Supply chains are screwed up largely because of the unusual shipping patterns early in the pandemic, with many shipping containers getting stranded in 3rd world countries that do not have the exports to return the the containers to where they are needed in normal patterns (trade largely from china, to the us and Europe) therefore, even if supply could keep up with demand (and demand is at a unprecedented high due to consumers having more money from doing less) the supply chain can't support supply. When PPE was distrubuted globally containers went to these countries that have no where near the exports to return them, They don't ship them empty. So demand for shipping containers is crazy, a container is 100 percent or something of the price it was pre pandemic. They are cutting costs in distribution because it is their fiduciary duty not to lose money, it all really makes sense when you think about it.

This is a real issue that impacts all industries. The chip problem is a supply chain problem, and that isn't going away any time soon.

Last edited by captainhaggs; 11-15-2021 at 08:06 PM.
SBAD (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 03:00 PM
kytery
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
Does anybody have any information (or even decent speculation) as to when the allocations for the 2022 992s will be made?
I may have found the end of the rainbow, but the Colorado Springs Porsche hit me up yesterday and said they had a 992 c2 available for delivery in a week. I’ve been trying to get an allocation for anything 992 for the last month and there’s been absolutely nothing. Like most say on here, continue the hunt and be ready to put your hold down right away even if it’s for the waitlist. That way when one comes up they know you’re serious and will hit you up.
Old 11-16-2021, 03:05 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by kytery
I may have found the end of the rainbow, but the Colorado Springs Porsche hit me up yesterday and said they had a 992 c2 available for delivery in a week. I’ve been trying to get an allocation for anything 992 for the last month and there’s been absolutely nothing. Like most say on here, continue the hunt and be ready to put your hold down right away even if it’s for the waitlist. That way when one comes up they know you’re serious and will hit you up.
Thanks. I actually was able to get an allocation earlier this month. Feb build date and late March delivery date.

Last edited by Drew46; 11-16-2021 at 03:13 PM.
kytery (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 07:21 PM
JRW1
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by John Swilling
I heard from the SA in North Houston the wait on all 911s - even base - was approaching a year for an allocation. Crazy…
wow, that is crazy, as I was able to get an allocation in August

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation