Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 259 Likes on 135 Posts

Did anyone actually get allocation in February? It appears not. We now a week into March and with production stoppage and the lost inventory on sunk ship, it seems March will also be bare?

When your worse problem in life is getting a 911 allocation, life is not bad. Lot's of tragedy set the stage for where we are at.
The following users liked this post:
JiminyGlick (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 07:17 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by bboerit
Curious if any update??? Thx!
Originally Posted by 911 DD
Congrats Jiminy - Same timing for me waiting since August with cash down for a demand order for no adm. Buying experience is horrible atm.
Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Any news from this latest dealer interaction?
Do you think there were any reasons you were not successful with previous (how many) dealers?
Ah, geez guys, I'm so sorry I didn't see these follow-ups, apologies for the delay. Here's what's happened since then:
  1. I replied in the affirmative, still interested, via email and voicemail. The SA ghosts me for a week
  2. I sent a follow up email a week later and he finally replied. He said that the February slots had gotten fumbled up, or that the C2 allocation wasn't quite there, something to that effect. But that I am 100% the next guy on the C2 list and that March 1 he would receive a C2 allocation.
  3. We left it at that I would hear from him the first week of March (which is basically right now).
So, that's where I'm at - still just a demand order, no TYD or anything like that just yet. I should be hearing from him this week - if I don't, I have it on my list to call him Monday. I will also say that all of the above was just as early word of the Felicity Ace was coming back and Ukraine had not yet started. So, not sure how that will affect his previous promise. On the one hand, its been a completely weird process and very frustrating, on the other hand, this SA has always managed to keep in touch since I first spoke with him in September. We will see what happens this week and I will report back.

Finally, I write all of the above with the recognition that there's some very serious events going on in the world right now and buying a ridiculous car for a ridiculous price pales in comparison to anything else the world is going through right now.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:53 PM
Shambler
Racer

Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
Ah, geez guys, I'm so sorry I didn't see these follow-ups, apologies for the delay. Here's what's happened since then:
  1. I replied in the affirmative, still interested, via email and voicemail. The SA ghosts me for a week
  2. I sent a follow up email a week later and he finally replied. He said that the February slots had gotten fumbled up, or that the C2 allocation wasn't quite there, something to that effect. But that I am 100% the next guy on the C2 list and that March 1 he would receive a C2 allocation.
  3. We left it at that I would hear from him the first week of March (which is basically right now).
Wow, your timeline is very similar to mine except for the start point. I last heard from the SA when I asked on 2/19. His response regarding the Felicity Ace was "No official word yet. We hoping to have more clarity on Monday." That was before the war started, too, as you note.

Last edited by Shambler; 03-08-2022 at 07:53 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-08-2022, 08:29 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Originally Posted by Shambler
Wow, your timeline is very similar to mine except for the start point. I last heard from the SA when I asked on 2/19. His response regarding the Felicity Ace was "No official word yet. We hoping to have more clarity on Monday." That was before the war started, too, as you note.
I know right? In my mind's eye the big plot twist coming up is that we're all "next guy on the list" at the same dealer with the same SA!
Old 03-08-2022, 08:48 PM
Shambler
Racer

I know right? In my mind's eye the big plot twist coming up is that we're all "next guy on the list" at the same dealer with the same SA!
I allegedly got on the top of list in January and I'm targeting a C4. So, I think we aren't on a collision course.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:50 PM
Shambler
Racer

I will say your plight has reassured me that I wasn't forgotten. I kind of feel like this will be a 2023 arrival and 2023 model, maybe a 992.2.
If it becomes a 2023, I'm also hoping they take Bose out of the premium package and put the 14 way seats in, but that's a dream. This would offset the inevitable price increase.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:10 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Shambler
I allegedly got on the top of list in January and I'm targeting a C4. So, I think we aren't on a collision course.
Agreed JG and Sham...when I last heard from my SA about Feb allocations being "pushed" to March, that was pre the FA sink and no horrible UK war yet. Those events have surely further complicated my chances of the C4S allocation I have been waiting on since my May '22 demand order was placed.
Going back to March 31 '21, the config was updated to the 2022 MY cars....so now Im thinking at best, I get a 2023 which isn't bad (other than price increase) because I'll take the additional wait to not have "the old" model Fomo in my head.
I think I read somewhere that a C4 is the lowest volume of the non specialty coupes so that's why I ended up with 4S, to increase chances of allocation.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:42 PM
lone992
Instructor

Received 297 Likes on 95 Posts

I placed a deposit for a MY 2023 C2S manual in Sept/2021. At the time of deposit my SA said I was #1 on the allocation wait list. With all the upheaval in the market, pretty sure I'm not going to be #1 for much of anything...lol. So far, crickets from my SA as to the state of affairs. I'll be reaching out in a couple of weeks to see whats up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1267...-2023-a-3.html

Last edited by lone992; 03-10-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:59 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

I heard this week Porsche is stopping production of Senegal brands, because of Ukraine supplied part shortages.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:28 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

I know some people were watching my earlier updates and I have something new to report: I heard from my SA today and he said my allocation is available, car to be produced in July. So, he kept his word about contacting me in early March and that I was certain to get allocation. This is the most firm information he has given me, so while I don't have a build sheet or TYD just yet, I'm cautiously optimistic that it's actually happening (and I'm a natural pessimist). I should know a little more tomorrow but my gut tells me this might actually be the start - we will see.
The following users liked this post:
tomingrassia (03-11-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 10:39 PM
cozycalv
5th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile I GOT IT

Originally Posted by cozycalv
also long time lurker here, figured i'd share my experience. 1st on list for C2 992 since October '21 and patiently waiting. GSM has been tremendously helpful but unfortunately this dealer was only able to fill exactly 1 allocation for any and all 992s in this recent allocation run. Fingers crossed something comes up soon. Will keep everyone updated and appreciate all insights : )
Just wanted to update you all. GSM called today and I got my c2 allocation - lock 3/31 delivery ETA 7/1. I am ECSTATIC and I cannot say anything but positive things about the dealer I was working with and the staff. patience my friends, the cars are on the horizon!
The following 2 users liked this post by cozycalv:
BadlyDrawnBoy (03-11-2022), Vista6019 (03-14-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 10:47 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Just wanted to update you all. GSM called today and I got my c2 allocation - lock 3/31 delivery ETA 7/1. I am ECSTATIC and I cannot say anything but positive things about the dealer I was working with and the staff. patience my friends, the cars are on the horizon!
Wow, that's very, very similar to me. I also heard today, it's also for a C2 and I have also been promised a July delivery. How long have you been waiting? I have been "on the list" since September 2021.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:50 PM
cozycalv
5th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

eerily similar timelines as I was first on the list since October '21. I am getting mine from a small local dealer here in the midwest for what its worth. Congratulations!
Old 03-10-2022, 10:52 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

eerily similar timelines as I was first on the list since October '21. I am getting mine from a small local dealer here in the midwest for what its worth. Congratulations!
OK, good to know. I'm with a dealer in the western part of the country. Maybe our cars will come over on the same ship! Congrats to you too
Old 03-10-2022, 11:03 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,822 Likes on 989 Posts

OK, good to know. I'm with a dealer in the western part of the country. Maybe our cars will come over on the same ship! Congrats to you too
Not if you’re on the west coast. His Midwest car surely won’t be on a boat bound for San Diego or Benicia.

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation