Sponsored by:

992 Carrera OBD Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 02:49 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Was it BMW??? They are ruthless on Tunes these days and have really gone out of their way to catch people tuning
AMG
Old 06-08-2022, 02:52 PM
vic55
Racer

Received 758 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
On another note about flashing back to stock before visiting the dealer, I want to ask my fellow forumers:

I'm a lazy guy, and if I'm just going to the dealer for the annual service (oil change, etc) do I even need to bother reflashing to stock? I mean, would they even plug in the OBD2 port for that service? I figure they will only do that if you are reporting an issue which requires investigation, correct?
My convo only (others will vary) with the Director of Service recently is that I really do not need to erase the tune for standard service as they will not be "looking" for issues but instead performing a standardized process. Its not say they cant see it or wont find it inadvertently but its not on their radar since there is no warranty claim prevalent just maintenance.

For my own piece of mind and its a less than 6 minute process; Ill flash back to stock anyways.
The following users liked this post:
Tupper (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 02:58 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
Brother you ain’t kidding. I’m very close with service manager of my local BMW dealership and if you do anything to the computer as soon as they hook up to a giant red screen pops up and you are finished with them. There’s nothing they can do about it either even if it’s your best friend and they’re trying to help you. Porsche doesn’t work that way. At least not yet.
This seems strange. Alienating enthusiasts is a huge mistake; they are usually also the most vocal advocates for your brand, and tend also to be influencers in their community of car owners. What are they saving by doing this - a motor here and there? Vs a **** ton of sales? They are missing the forest for the trees. smh.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:59 PM
tez2013
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed on the top notch customer service. For whatever reason, the initial tune did not take and the car was underboosting quite a bit (max of 20psi) on the S stage 2 93 tune.

Mitch/team worked around the clock to review logs and incorporate additional revisions as well as troubleshoot issues.

Fast-forward 10+ revisions and many more logs, the car feels much stronger vs. the initial tune.

Buddhist_fist (06-11-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 03:25 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,566 Likes on 567 Posts

Howdy!

DYNO MODE is now available for all 992 and 982 models via M-Tuner. This allows for zero traction control interference on the dyno so you can properly run a car. No longer do you have to use an expensive and clunky PIWIS to get into dyno mode, with M-Tuner it only takes a few seconds. The update is FREE, all you have to do is download the latest version of M-Tuner from our website.

Our instructions are always here: https://m-engineering.atlassian.net/...dure#Dyno-Mode

-Charles@M

Last edited by M Engineering; 06-17-2022 at 03:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by M Engineering:
Ah10 (06-17-2022), cota.kitty (06-17-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 03:19 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,566 Likes on 567 Posts

We are at Pike's Peak this week and weekend supporting a number of Porsches. Reply times to support tickets may be longer than normal. Thanks for your patience!

-Charles@M
mattchow (06-22-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 01:05 AM
Z911
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Transformative

I have a 2020 C4S with a tune from another vendor (a reputable one too) and I’ve been driving the car for 6 month. I felt the tune was a bit jerky, and still leaves much to be desired. All I wanted is to get rid of cold start and disable auto start/stop. So I bought the M- engineering tune over a month ago. Just like others said the service was first class. The file they sent was a stage 2 93 Octane map (yes I have an Akra exhaust). The installatIon was pretty much like others have described, painless, easy with a couple of errors that cleared after a short drive.

Yes I ran 0-60 times (in a private parking lot) and before the M Tune the best I can hit was 3.6-3.7. The time is measure using an OBD reader and an app that connects to the reader. I know it’s not the gospel around here. With the M Tune the car which used to be wild is now a beast with a leash. It’s crazy but in a controlled way. The torque is felt through the entire RPM range (something that was definitely missing with the previous tune).

Launch control is another story. I tried it in normal, sport and sport plus (with and without boost button). The logs show 23.xx boost at various RPMs. No I didn’t measure the time because I couldn’t connect the dongle for data logging (my number 1 priority today) and my OBD gizmo for the app to use.

After 6 months of driving the car with the old tune, the M Tune made me feel like I’m driving a different car. I’ll share times when I measure them.

Thank you M Pros for world class service, amazing tunes that awakened the beast in my C4S.
The following 3 users liked this post by Z911:
AlterZgo (06-24-2022), NigelPlays (06-24-2022), Tupper (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 07:50 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Z911
I have a 2020 C4S with a tune from another vendor (a reputable one too) and I’ve been driving the car for 6 month. I felt the tune was a bit jerky, and still leaves much to be desired. All I wanted is to get rid of cold start and disable auto start/stop. So I bought the M- engineering tune over a month ago. Just like others said the service was first class. The file they sent was a stage 2 93 Octane map (yes I have an Akra exhaust). The installatIon was pretty much like others have described, painless, easy with a couple of errors that cleared after a short drive.

Yes I ran 0-60 times (in a private parking lot) and before the M Tune the best I can hit was 3.6-3.7. The time is measure using an OBD reader and an app that connects to the reader. I know it’s not the gospel around here. With the M Tune the car which used to be wild is now a beast with a leash. It’s crazy but in a controlled way. The torque is felt through the entire RPM range (something that was definitely missing with the previous tune).

Launch control is another story. I tried it in normal, sport and sport plus (with and without boost button). The logs show 23.xx boost at various RPMs. No I didn’t measure the time because I couldn’t connect the dongle for data logging (my number 1 priority today) and my OBD gizmo for the app to use.

After 6 months of driving the car with the old tune, the M Tune made me feel like I’m driving a different car. I’ll share times when I measure them.

Thank you M Pros for world class service, amazing tunes that awakened the beast in my C4S.
That was awesome feedback man. I feel the same way about my M Tune. You need one of these. The app I think cost another $30. So you’ll be in to the whole thing for just under $200. It’s well worth it.

Amazon Amazon

Old 06-24-2022, 10:50 AM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
That was awesome feedback man. I feel the same way about my M Tune. You need one of these. The app I think cost another $30. So you’ll be in to the whole thing for just under $200. It’s well worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/dragy-10Hz-Ba...s%2C131&sr=8-3
Dragy app is free.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:08 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

Nice. I was able to hit 24-25 peak PSI with my tune. At one point I was even over 27 PSI, I swear it! But that was a flash that later on got corrected as I refined my tune.

All of the power hits you over 5000 RPM, so without a doubt the car is mad fast with the 93 octane tune.

I actually don’t think that my 602 hp stock Audi R8 feels that much quicker than my M Tuned 992 did, except for the obvious difference in power delivery between turbocharged and NA motors.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:59 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

Nice. I was able to hit 24-25 peak PSI with my tune. At one point I was even over 27 PSI, I swear it! But that was a flash that later on got corrected as I refined my tune.

All of the power hits you over 5000 RPM, so without a doubt the car is mad fast with the 93 octane tune.

I actually don’t think that my 602 hp stock Audi R8 feels that much quicker than my M Tuned 992 did, except for the obvious difference in power delivery between turbocharged and NA motors.
60-130 on a R8 is 7.3, while M tuned stg2 992S can do it in 7.1 or less
The following 3 users liked this post by reddsektor:
911Gr8tness (06-24-2022), dhirm5 (06-29-2022), Z911 (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 08:17 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^ Yeah that sounds about right. My tuned 992 was really kicking butt at the top end!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:18 PM
Z911
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 103 Posts

My previous non M Tune was also hitting 24-25 boost but it didn’t behave like the M tune. The torque with M tune can be felt consistently throughout the RPM range. Also deleting the cold start is a huge plus for me. I avoided driving the car to work in the past because of how loud it is in the underground garage (esp with the Akra exhaust). Today I was able to start the car in the garage without waking everyone at home. And driving it without having the engine shot down when creeping up to the driveway is a blessing.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:34 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reddsektor
60-130 on a R8 is 7.3, while M tuned stg2 992S can do it in 7.1 or less
Is that an R8 Performance Quattro, by the way?
Old 06-24-2022, 10:20 PM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

My previous non M Tune was also hitting 24-25 boost but it didn’t behave like the M tune. The torque with M tune can be felt consistently throughout the RPM range. Also deleting the cold start is a huge plus for me. I avoided driving the car to work in the past because of how loud it is in the underground garage (esp with the Akra exhaust). Today I was able to start the car in the garage without waking everyone at home. And driving it without having the engine shot down when creeping up to the driveway is a blessing.
Having tuned many cars in my younger days I was very skeptical of the reviews/feedback I’ve been reading, because you always end up regretting some part of getting one.

I just flashed the M-Engineering tune recently and holy hell am I blown away. It totally exceeds my expectations for all the reasons you noted and all.
The following 3 users liked this post by Thescout13:
AlterZgo (06-24-2022), Snapperkid (07-08-2022), Z911 (06-24-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera OBD Flashing