Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 10:50 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,518 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Sausage416
Anyone know if the manual transmission can handle a stage 2?
Yes, the clutch on MT can handle stage 2

-Charles@M
Old 11-19-2021, 09:37 AM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 134 Posts

Placed order yesterday! Is the change to cold start timing included in all current tunes, or by request only?? See post #233.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:46 AM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 919 Likes on 484 Posts

Are the error codes stored permanently in the PCM ? Or do they all get cleared out?
Old 11-19-2021, 10:30 AM
westsiderkg
Banned

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by eagle1960
Placed order yesterday! Is the change to cold start timing included in all current tunes, or by request only?? See post #233.

Great question! I desire this feature with my tune as well (assuming it doesn't damage anything in the cats). Hate waking the kids up early before work...and wife
Old 11-19-2021, 12:01 PM
MQuattlebaum
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Thanks, ordered today Charles.

Any updates yet on auto auto stop-start?

Know it was mentioned weeks ago, just curious where you guys are at, tks.
Cant you just turn this function off using the "Individual" driving mode? I always use my customized driving mode and have it set to OFF. Never have auto start/stop issues as its effectively permanently disabled.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:34 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by MQuattlebaum
Cant you just turn this function off using the "Individual" driving mode? I always use my customized driving mode and have it set to OFF. Never have auto start/stop issues as its effectively permanently disabled.
you can’t permanently disable autostop to Off if driving in Normal mode, or even if that Normal mode is programmed as the Individual mode.

So basically if the car is in Normal engine mode, you’ll always have to manually disable autostop which is annoying for some that actually use Normal for daily driving and such.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:37 PM
MQuattlebaum
Track Day

Originally Posted by reddsektor
you can’t permanently disable autostop to Off if driving in Normal mode, or even if that Normal mode is programmed as the Individual mode.

So basically if the car is in Normal engine mode, you’ll always have to manually disable autostop which is annoying for some that actually use Normal for daily driving and such.
Cant you just recreate Normal in the Individual driving mode with the only change being to disable start stop? There are only a few parameters you can change anyway.... For instance I run normal suspension, sport throttle/gearing mode, sport exhaust open, and auto start stop disabled. Seems like it would be easy to set everything "Normal" with auto start stop disabled
Old 11-19-2021, 12:39 PM
aquanaut
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Cant you just recreate Normal in the Individual driving mode with the only change being to disable start stop? There are only a few parameters you can change anyway.... For instance I run normal suspension, sport throttle/gearing mode, sport exhaust open, and auto start stop disabled. Seems like it would be easy to set everything "Normal" with auto start stop disabled
Yes, I think the point is that some people don't want to have to deal with switching modes every time they start the car.

Better question is who ever drives this car in "Normal" mode. JK - I'm crazy and drive 100% in sport plus but even I would like to switch this off since it's just an annoyance for the few times I forget to change modes.
The following users liked this post:
MQuattlebaum (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 12:40 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,518 Likes on 545 Posts

Thanks for the continued support y'all! If you desire the cold start disabled, just include it in the email when you send over your calibration ID and mod list for making a map.

-Charles@M
Old 11-19-2021, 12:42 PM
MQuattlebaum
Track Day

Originally Posted by aquanaut
Yes, I think the point is that some people don't want to have to deal with switching modes every time they start the car.

Better question is who ever drives this car in "Normal" mode. JK - I'm crazy and drive 100% in sport plus but even I would like to switch this off since it's just an annoyance for the few times I forget to change modes.
Yeah I get that, I just don't see the issue with turning a **** two clicks when starting the car if it auto programs my preferred settings. It is annoying when I forget to set it however the first time the car auto stops I immediately turn the ****. Agree though.... why buy a 911 to drive in Normal all the time....
Old 11-19-2021, 12:45 PM
aquanaut
Instructor

Yeah I get that, I just don't see the issue with turning a **** two clicks when starting the car if it auto programs my preferred settings. It is annoying when I forget to set it however the first time the car auto stops I immediately turn the ****. Agree though.... why buy a 911 to drive in Normal all the time....
Yea, totally fair. It should be an easy coding fix though - so I guess why not?

Separately, I also took advantage of the M Engineering BF sale and tuned my car a couple days ago. 5 min flash, quick and painless. Drives like stock but pulls like a freight train as soon as you get midway through the power band. This is a no brainer for a meaningful performance increase.
Old 11-19-2021, 01:16 PM
DrewTJ50
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by aquanaut
Yea, totally fair. It should be an easy coding fix though - so I guess why not?

Separately, I also took advantage of the M Engineering BF sale and tuned my car a couple days ago. 5 min flash, quick and painless. Drives like stock but pulls like a freight train as soon as you get midway through the power band. This is a no brainer for a meaningful performance increase.
honestly my main reservation is that the car will be too fast with the tune and I will get myself in trouble 🤣

Glad you are enjoying, seems like M Eng is the real deal.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:25 PM
jeffclevenger
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 58 Posts

Can you let us know how it feels with part throttle, low to mid revs? Any difference from stock?

General question, does anyone have AFR data?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2021, 04:38 PM
aquanaut
Instructor

Originally Posted by jeffclevenger
Can you let us know how it feels with part throttle, low to mid revs? Any difference from stock?

General question, does anyone have AFR data?

Thanks!
I’m not experienced enough of a driver to really comment, but for my daily commute (5 miles), it drives identical to stock.
The following users liked this post:
svkarl (11-20-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 05:23 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Great question! I desire this feature with my tune as well (assuming it doesn't damage anything in the cats). Hate waking the kids up early before work...and wife
Your cats won't be harmed at all... you'll just melt our polar ice caps, but it's all good.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera OBD Flashing