Sponsored by:

Best sounding and loudest aftermarket exhaust for 992 carrerras

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 03:38 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by JMW911
I just installed the Akra Slip on my 21 C2S 992. Definately louder than stock. The Cold start is also a lot louder, and from my research doing Cats really amps up the Cold start. ( I can't imagine) In Normal mode, its similair to stock Sport mode without the pops n bangs from a volume perspective.
If your cruising switch to Normal Over-drive gear, and its smooth and civilized.
The true glory is in Sports Mode at the 5-6 RPM, thats where it really sings, deeper tone, and considerably louder than stock.
IMO its just what this car needs to give its some character, and have it talk back to you when you let it rip.
Agree did mine about a month after I got my car in Nov 2020.....had PSE from factory but ordered Akra Ti rear section only in Aug 2020 after placing my order. Best upgrade by far! Had Arka on my 991.1S and current owner says and admits its one of the reasons he in particular wanted my car. Loves the sound esp on a fully NA engine. It is not the cheapest one out there and there is a bit of coinage required to get them as they cost but sometimes you do have to pay for what you get/quality IMHO.
Originally Posted by aquanaut
Yup - about 20-30% louder than stock. Very different tone, I like it a lot. The stock PSE clearly sounded like they were trying to keep volume down using baffles and this opens it up a bit. I think it's hard to explain though since it's so subjective. Cold start is also much louder, I was confused when I first started the car after the exhaust was installed. I legitimately thought I had kept my foot on the gas by accident.
Yes my cold starts are pretty loud w/Akra upgrade and tone is different and a bit louder at normal idle but richer also. When I put it in Sport mode and open the valves it all gets more better and you can tell a difference between the two modes. Some have added SOUL downpipes to their setups but have gotten mixed results with Akrapovic and other exhausts...for some cold start especially becomes VERY loud and too much but for others they love the sound. This I think is where it becomes very objective as to what one likes and upgrades to keep vs avoid. Me...staying stock down pipes for now.

Akrapovic pre-install 992S - Jan 2021
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
Patton250 (05-12-2022), reddsektor (05-12-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 09:30 AM
German1967
Pro

Received 601 Likes on 269 Posts

I am also considering the Akra slip-on without any other modifications. I want better sound but not deafening.
Is there any drone with the Akra slip-on?
Old 05-11-2022, 10:52 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,406 Likes on 825 Posts

We have Akrapovic currently in stock and no wait time

For special RL pricing please email sales@supremepower.com

Akrapovic 2019+ Porsche 911 Carrera (992 w/Sport Exhaust) w/OPF/GPF Slip-On Line (Titanium)

Akrapovic 2019+ Porsche 911 Carrera (992) Link-Pipe Set w/Catalytic Converter (SS)

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 05-11-2022, 06:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremePower
We have Akrapovic currently in stock and no wait time

For special RL pricing please email sales@supremepower.com

Akrapovic 2019+ Porsche 911 Carrera (992 w/Sport Exhaust) w/OPF/GPF Slip-On Line (Titanium)

Akrapovic 2019+ Porsche 911 Carrera (992) Link-Pipe Set w/Catalytic Converter (SS)

From the Special pricing I received it feels more like I am being bent over for being a Rennlister
Old 05-11-2022, 06:25 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
From the Special pricing I received it feels more like I am being bent over for being a Rennlister
Sorry you feel that way. There is simply not a lot of discount for dealers on these items. Emailed you just now.

Anyone else needing a quote please feel free to PM or shoot us an email: sales@supremepower.com

Old 05-11-2022, 06:44 PM
aquanaut
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
In fairness to SupremePower, you’re being bent over for being a Porsche owner. The Akra exhaust is absurdly expensive.
The following 2 users liked this post by aquanaut:
iamgonara (06-15-2022), vic55 (05-11-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 06:52 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

In fairness to SupremePower, you’re being bent over for being a Porsche owner. The Akra exhaust is absurdly expensive.
YGM
Old 05-12-2022, 03:24 AM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213

Yes my cold starts are pretty loud w/Akra upgrade and tone is different and a bit louder at normal idle but richer also. When I put it in Sport mode and open the valves it all gets more better and you can tell a difference between the two modes. Some have added SOUL downpipes to their setups but have gotten mixed results with Akrapovic and other exhausts...for some cold start especially becomes VERY loud and too much but for others they love the sound. This I think is where it becomes very objective as to what one likes and upgrades to keep vs avoid.
I have fabspeed catless with PSE right now but definitely want to get the Akra exhaust. Hoping the combo will sound amazing.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:21 AM
stef@europipe
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 165 Posts

Here is our Europipe exhaust with big high efficient 100 cell sport cats. Its a bolt-on upgrade, nothing on the car has to be altered and you don’t need an ECU tune either.
The low range power pick up is very quick and throttle response is more crisp. Sounds like a real Porsche with tons of turbo whistle, no CEL and zero drone.
This is a non valved exhaust, activating the PSE button no longer affects the sound.

http://www.europipe.be

$5,480 + shipping

Feel free to contact me at stef@europipe.be

Old 05-12-2022, 06:36 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Agree did mine about a month after I got my car in Nov 2020.....had PSE from factory but ordered Akra Ti rear section only in Aug 2020 after placing my order. Best upgrade by far! Had Arka on my 991.1S and current owner says and admits its one of the reasons he in particular wanted my car. Loves the sound esp on a fully NA engine. It is not the cheapest one out there and there is a bit of coinage required to get them as they cost but sometimes you do have to pay for what you get/quality IMHO.

Yes my cold starts are pretty loud w/Akra upgrade and tone is different and a bit louder at normal idle but richer also. When I put it in Sport mode and open the valves it all gets more better and you can tell a difference between the two modes. Some have added SOUL downpipes to their setups but have gotten mixed results with Akrapovic and other exhausts...for some cold start especially becomes VERY loud and too much but for others they love the sound. This I think is where it becomes very objective as to what one likes and upgrades to keep vs avoid. Me...staying stock down pipes for now.

Akrapovic pre-install 992S - Jan 2021
how did they install go? Has your sound improved. I have an Akrapovic on the way for my 992 Turbo S. Not the downpipes though. I’m so ignorant on this exhaust stuff. Should I get the downpipes? What are the benefits and what are the negatives of the Akrapovic downpipes? Most importantly how is the Akrapovic sound with the stock down pipes versus with Akrapovic down pipes?
Old 05-12-2022, 09:14 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

^ I’ve heard it with downpipes. It is very loud on cold start. However, downpipes will give you a bit more power, coupled with a tune.

The Akra exhaust (catback only) won’t. However, I have a theory that my valveless 3” Soul exhaust gives me power.

If you don’t want to fool with emissions, just get the catback exhaust. Get something. These cars are way too muffled and the Turbo in particular sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ I’ve heard it with downpipes. It is very loud on cold start. However, downpipes will give you a bit more power, coupled with a tune.

The Akra exhaust (catback only) won’t. However, I have a theory that my valveless 3” Soul exhaust gives me power.

If you don’t want to fool with emissions, just get the catback exhaust. Get something. These cars are way too muffled and the Turbo in particular sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
Will the Akrapovic catback only at least sound better than stock? Is it worth a heavy investment I’ve made?
Old 05-12-2022, 10:07 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
Will the Akrapovic catback only at least sound better than stock? Is it worth a heavy investment I’ve made?
That's what I am wondering too. Listening to Youtube video's it does sound a little different but hard to tell if its worth the asking price. The tips look nice for sure though ;-)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tobeit
That's what I am wondering too. Listening to Youtube video's it does sound a little different but hard to tell if its worth the asking price. The tips look nice for sure though ;-)
From what "Aquanaut" has conveyed, above, it it about 20% to 30% louder with a nice tone because it is Titanium. That is probably about as loud as I would want w/o being annoying after an hour
Old 05-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Bad day yesterday for me.

Dealing with a Vacation home on the other side of the US and how they can install the wrong Counter tops is beyond stupid considering everything is in contract and very black and white

Quick Reply: Best sounding and loudest aftermarket exhaust for 992 carrerras