992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 01:59 AM
eszu
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
SHE MADE IT!!!

My Rubystar T is aboard the Supreme Ace! Porsche Logistics team just emailed me to confirm that they were able to get her on the first Ship bound for Davisville, RI port on the east coast and she should arrive there on July 9th/10th. Since its an ED car that just went through German Customs, they also said that she should be delivered to the Dealer within 24-48 hours of arriving at the port with no additional customs needed! Hadn't heard that before, but I will be cautiously optimistic and keep my fingers crossed that just over 2 weeks from today I may see her again!

Just scheduled Full Car PPF and Ceramic, so at least another 3+ days of waiting once I drop off there.

Absolutely crazy turnaround time for me so far... feeling very lucky. They were radio silent for the last two weeks, but with a projected July 10th arrival at port and July 12th at dealer, that is only 30 days total from the June 12th drop in Sindelfingen. WOW
Congrats! I’ve been following your posts very closely. Can’t wait to see some pics when you finally get it.
The following 2 users liked this post by eszu:
toph4242 (06-28-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 04:09 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan993
Has anyone put the Porsche dashcam in themselves with the prewire?
Mine was installed by the dealer.
I had already specced pre-wiring.
I’ve had numerous connection issues (to my phone) and been back to the dealer once already but still not resolved.
To view recordings I have to remove the SIM card.
What problems are you having??
The following 2 users liked this post by Barkat03:
N3DXT (07-08-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 05:43 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

Congrats to all new owners! More pictures are always welcome so feel free to post them!

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Also, I was joking back to folks joking with me. Hope no one took my Jerry Maguire “help me help u” GIF as solicitation for $. I thought no way anyone would take that in the wrong way and think I would seriously be asking folks for payment for sharing, but I was wrong. Be more careful what I post here going forward!
I think many people understood the joke. You just did not seem very helpful in the first reactions. All is well now.

Originally Posted by NewTo911’s
Whats the address for this gathering, maybe take a couple of days out and come down to spoil the GT Silver party with some Shark ! 😁
Maybe I will join as well. So it is indeed on Wednesday? Because he corrected himself but still stuck on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Hmm. So far, I honestly can't tell what the RAS is doing. I just know that the traction in the 911 seems virtually limitless. Or is this just the classic 911 recipe at its best. I don't recall my 996 being this stable.
The traction and grip is indeed crazy on the 992. Don’t need RAS for that. Car feels just amazing as is. If you want to feel the RAS you really need to look up the speed from where the tires are changing direction. I think it was around 50-60km/h. Can’t recall exactly but have it posted somewhere here. So when the tires rotate their direction this is the moment you feel it best working (and I hate it most).
The following 6 users liked this post by Macboy:
AdamIsAdam (06-27-2023), arrivederci (06-27-2023), Cartod (06-27-2023), HerrDr (06-27-2023), tourenwagen (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-27-2023, 06:49 AM
Graeme's T
Advanced

Received 240 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Congrats to all new owners! More pictures are always welcome so feel free to post them!

I think many people understood the joke. You just did not seem very helpful in the first reactions. All is well now.

Maybe I will join as well. So it is indeed on Wednesday? Because he corrected himself but still stuck on Wednesday.

The traction and grip is indeed crazy on the 992. Don’t need RAS for that. Car feels just amazing as is. If you want to feel the RAS you really need to look up the speed from where the tires are changing direction. I think it was around 50-60km/h. Can’t recall exactly but have it posted somewhere here. So when the tires rotate their direction this is the moment you feel it best working (and I hate it most).
@Macboy I got myself confused by looking at their 2022 dates! I have included a link below showing the next meeting is indeed Wednesday 19th July.

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/region...t-the-fairmile
The following users liked this post:
Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 07:58 AM
duktail
Rennlist Member

Received 215 Likes on 62 Posts

Just looked at "myporsche" app and it looks like I didn't make it on the boat. My car arrived at Emden on May 22nd and was scheduled to leave port on June 23rd. Looks like it has changed to July 14th. Has anyone had their car at port for almost 2 months before shipping out? It looks like Bear Mountain may be very tight for me to attend but still holding out hope! Any thoughts on this latest development? Happy for all that was able to get on the most recent boat. Apparently they didn't want a sexy Python green on the boat and make all those other cars jealous!
The following 2 users liked this post by duktail:
HerrDr (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 08:38 AM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,320 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
I think many people understood the joke. You just did not seem very helpful in the first reactions.
@Macboy I get bored easily. Regular visitors here should know I like messing around here and I share anything that may be helpful to others. Ha, I’ll even share personal things like my 0.7 college GPA if it helps encourage someone with kids struggling in school. Learning I may not be a good fit for an online forum. This is the first one Ive participated in my life. Ha, amazing to me that the T brought me to this. I’m still glad I tried it at least once.

One more post on audio based on all the PMs and should cover everything. More details on subwoofer box install. Please feel free to update ur other forums. I’m assuming you’ve been updating other threads, sites, etc. as you’ve mentioned, but not sure. What I discuss next is mostly personal choice and one should consult with their pro. There are so many brands, but l liked Focal and JL Audio amplified sub box. Ha, I know Barkat03 likes Focal initially buying that extravagant speaker kit but I went with JL. I got an amplified one so no need to mount a separate amp elsewhere. As mentioned in past posts, I wanted a clean and simple install so I only have the sub box external and my micro processor and amp bing hidden in-dash. Also, not mounting things elsewhere (below seat, frunk, etc) keeps install costs down. One can generally go with 8, 10, or 12 inch sub. You only need one in T since box is exposed providing a ton of power (not hidden in trunk like most typical car installs). I recommend 8 or 10 because box becomes too large at 12 (and not needed). But u can ask ur installer to show u in the T so u know exactly how it will look. I went with a 10-inch 400 watt RMS. RMS is continuous power rating is what matters. Also, they can go with speaker wire connections, RCA jacks or even fiber optics. Not sure if it makes a big difference but I went with RCA jacks. Was told fiber optics is best but too costly and not necessary. Last, I asked my installer to not drill any holes so used Velcro to mount sub box. I typically have my volume settings between 15 and 20 of max 30 in T to get a sweet blend of solid bass/music and car noises. Whenever I just want it shaking, I go to 30…and get the thumping bass I want without any distortion.
The following 2 users liked this post by ECNJ:
N3DXT (07-08-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 08:57 AM
Roadworrier
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 71 Posts

And suddenly here it is. Received the first pic over the weekend, and then this morning, Step 5. Looks like I get Goodyears.

The following 14 users liked this post by Roadworrier:
AMALFI RACING (06-27-2023), arrivederci (06-27-2023), Barkat03 (06-27-2023), bobert75 (06-27-2023), boilermaker_yv (06-27-2023), Edward911 (06-29-2023), Graeme's T (06-27-2023), HerrDr (06-27-2023), Macboy (06-27-2023), tourenwagen (06-27-2023), Uhu (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023), Wilder (06-27-2023), Ørjan (06-27-2023) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-27-2023, 09:21 AM
russdc
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcanalesm
Hi all - picked up my T ~2 weeks ago. First time porsche owner and looking forward to many many miles. If others are in the nyc area, I would love to connect and meet in person. Pics of my gentian blue T below!

I am on Long Island.
The following 3 users liked this post by russdc:
Barkat03 (06-27-2023), Uhu (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:44 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by russdc
I am on Long Island.
Love those spyder wheels - had them on a Macan but bit of pain to clean, unless you get your manservant or lady friend to do it?
Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:45 AM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by eszu
That spot on the rear fender looks like glare to me 🤞🏽
Got a third pic which, when compared closely to the first pic, confirms it's indeed glare (from the bright white parking lot markings).

PS - as you can see from this pic and the two before it, Leipzig stores ED cars outside (not saying I'm surprised!).
The following 5 users liked this post by bobert75:
HerrDr (06-27-2023), Macboy (06-27-2023), tourenwagen (06-27-2023), Uhu (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:46 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

NYC area (and Long Island guys) we're planning a T-party run Sept 9 or 10th (I forget which, it's posted above in this thread). It's a first of its kind. Early morning ride up towards Bear Mountain area.

As for long LI meets, join Metro PCA and watch for gatherings and events. Also, Facebook is a good source. Sunday mornings at Macy's in Manhasset is very popular with the Pcar crowd these days too.
Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:51 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

🙏A PLEA FROM THE HEART🙏

I consider you all to be friends, and as the saying goes ‘a friend in need is a friend indeed!!

As a friend could I ask you all to help me out financially by ordering a second 992 T??
Just of late my Porsche shares have taken a hit, no doubt partly due to the 3rd and 4th biggest Porsche markets in the world (UK & Germany) either in or close to being in recession.
I’m struggling to put food on the table for my wife and 11 kids, but if the share price rises it would help immeasurably.
If you can’t afford another 992 perhaps order a Macan??
Thank you all in advance….

The following 5 users liked this post by Barkat03:
Cartod (06-27-2023), Macboy (06-27-2023), timothymoffat (06-27-2023), tourenwagen (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 11:12 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 451 Posts

@Barkat03 Bahahaahaaaa this made me laugh, but in all seriousness, I have had an inkling we have been in a "recession since 2020, it's just been really covered up. Till now where they can't hide the signs. but last year and this year the stock market for the most part has been in the red across all industries.
https://unusualwhales.com/heatmaps This is what I use for looking at smp, but https://unusualwhales.com/ I like to use for looking at the overall market.
Barkat03 (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 11:17 AM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
@Macboy I get bored easily. Regular visitors here should know I like messing around here and I share anything that may be helpful to others. Ha, I’ll even share personal things like my 0.7 college GPA if it helps encourage someone with kids struggling in school. Learning I may not be a good fit for an online forum. This is the first one Ive participated in my life. Ha, amazing to me that the T brought me to this. I’m still glad I tried it at least once.

One more post on audio based on all the PMs and should cover everything. More details on subwoofer box install. Please feel free to update ur other forums. I’m assuming you’ve been updating other threads, sites, etc. as you’ve mentioned, but not sure. What I discuss next is mostly personal choice and one should consult with their pro. There are so many brands, but l liked Focal and JL Audio amplified sub box. Ha, I know Barkat03 likes Focal initially buying that extravagant speaker kit but I went with JL. I got an amplified one so no need to mount a separate amp elsewhere. As mentioned in past posts, I wanted a clean and simple install so I only have the sub box external and my micro processor and amp bing hidden in-dash. Also, not mounting things elsewhere (below seat, frunk, etc) keeps install costs down. One can generally go with 8, 10, or 12 inch sub. You only need one in T since box is exposed providing a ton of power (not hidden in trunk like most typical car installs). I recommend 8 or 10 because box becomes too large at 12 (and not needed). But u can ask ur installer to show u in the T so u know exactly how it will look. I went with a 10-inch 400 watt RMS. RMS is continuous power rating is what matters. Also, they can go with speaker wire connections, RCA jacks or even fiber optics. Not sure if it makes a big difference but I went with RCA jacks. Was told fiber optics is best but too costly and not necessary. Last, I asked my installer to not drill any holes so used Velcro to mount sub box. I typically have my volume settings between 15 and 20 of max 30 in T to get a sweet blend of solid bass/music and car noises. Whenever I just want it shaking, I go to 30…and get the thumping bass I want without any distortion.

Thanks for the update. Could I ask you for a favor? Could you share the exact parts you bought? If someone wants to replicate what you did or maybe use your parts as a starting point to understand what the process is and then choose their own kit.

Second favor, I've tried finding photos you've previously shared and I couldn't. Could you share photos of the processor and amp install location and the sub mounting location?

Third favor 🤦‍♂️, Could you share some more about the custom harness? Someone is going to want to DIY that.

In fact if you'd like to send me everything I can start a dedicated thread about your stereo install just to document it all in one place for future users. I think you've gained some important knowledge along the way and it's scattered absolutely everywhere across the 992 forum 😂

Last edited by VarTheVar; 06-27-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Vernin (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 12:39 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,320 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
Thanks for the update. Could I ask you for a favor? Could you share the exact parts you bought? If someone wants to replicate what you did or maybe use your parts as a starting point to understand what the process is and then choose their own kit.

Second favor, I've tried finding photos you've previously shared and I couldn't. Could you share photos of the processor and amp install location and the sub mounting location?

Third favor 🤦‍♂️, Could you share some more about the custom harness? Someone is going to want to DIY that.

In fact if you'd like to send me everything I can start a dedicated thread about your stereo install just to document it all in one place for future users. I think you've gained some important knowledge along the way and it's scattered absolutely everywhere across the 992 forum 😂
Sure.
- Sub box > JL Audio MicroSub+ ACP110LG-TW1. Pics included of item and in T location.
- Processor > Audio Control Epicenter Micro - Pic of item included. Don’t know exact location, but told in-dash.
- I’ve mentioned several times that I’m still waiting for amp. Many out of stock. Looking for micro like Focal or Kicker. Not sure of model since nothing purchased yet.
- RCA jacks. I think he used SVS cables. Not sure.
- Custom harness - I don’t have pics of it. Just know that my installer made a custom harness to avoid cutting any wires. I’ve mentioned in prior post that he said stock unit has No pre-out for amp.

Lastly, u should check with MacBoy regarding the separate online forum he’s posting all my comments. Not sure if RList or elsewhere or both.

BTW, I think you’re the only one asking about audio here. Received all other questions on PMs. If u have any further ones please PM me. I responded to everyone so no worries. Best of luck on your audio pursuit…I’m sure you’ll figure it out like I did!

Last edited by ECNJ; 06-27-2023 at 10:56 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by ECNJ:
CengueFever (06-27-2023), HerrDr (06-27-2023), Humbucker427 (06-29-2023), Macboy (06-27-2023), VarTheVar (06-27-2023), Vernin (06-27-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club