Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Now we’re gonna start hitting a bunch of Porsche models. Currently on page 914. Hurry folks post ur pics of your former/present Porsha 914s.

@Uhu U know the fuel injection on this 914s were horrible so everyone replaced them with Weber carbs and they struggle to pass emissions (especially in CA). But, u probably already knew that
Does anyone

have a 916? LIke this one here? (Not Mine)
The following users liked this post:
HerrDr (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:01 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Ha, I almost missed this post. This place is hoppin since u returned.
I was there yesterday. I’m up for it….as u know. Trying to get the other T guy living 10 minutes away from me to join. But I think he’s way too busy. Surprised if he shows up on 9/10.
Won’t say his name since he failed to get the side T decal (don’t let @Barkat03 know….he ex- something…exterminates (was it?) folks without it). But…..*hint, hint*. He calls his T a Storm Trooper LoL.
My T will not have the Side Decal, I am not a fan of the grey decal personally. I do not mind it on others. I think it looks cleaner without it. If it was black or the small lettering you can option like on the S I would have gotten it, no question. Also with Ruby Star Neo paint, I do not personally think grey goes well with it.
Radiationman (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:12 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

@Wilder I was scrolling up to see what I had missed and I am glad I did, that video comparing the T to the 996 Turbo is a video I will be watching after work! I am interested to see how everything has improved over the last 17 years.
Wilder (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:18 AM
Humbucker427
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts
Default tourenwagen M-Engineering Tune

Is it just me, or is anyone else eagerly awaiting a report from @tourenwagen and his new M-Engineering Tune? 🚘🚀

Last edited by Humbucker427; 06-21-2023 at 11:20 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by Humbucker427:
AdamIsAdam (06-21-2023), Barkat03 (06-21-2023), dassArse (06-21-2023), Macboy (06-22-2023), timothymoffat (06-21-2023), Uhu (06-21-2023), Vernin (06-21-2023), Wilder (06-21-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:19 AM
tarheeljim
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
@tarheeljim
You changed the alloys too?!
They are pretty, but a little more work to clean right? I had them on my Macan.
Also went full body kit I notice
After having the same rims for a couple years I was ready for a change. That’s an area where I wanted to see a difference, and the configuration price is so small that it becomes a cheap “upgrade” that I can always reverse by selling and buying something else. Meaning, changing to different Porsche (or HRE) rims would be significantly more expensive now. If I was buying for the first time I may have seen it differently. I’ll let the car wash deal with cleaning the rims. Suspect it would be easy to carve up your fingers.

On the body work, I like the GTS aesthetics but don’t need the extra bits it offers. I could have gotten a GTS allocation instead but love the T including the unique interior offerings. Decided to make all the exterior parts glossy to highlight the GT silver.

May favorite thing about these cars is that you can create the perfect build for you. Not the perfect build for anyone but yourself. After owning quite a few, I will say my only advice is to not delete options because of price (to a point of course). I know that’s easy to say, but regardless of my budget situation at the time, I’ve never regretted the adds I’ve made but have regretted the compromises that are crazy expensive to change later.

This is my perfect build. The great thing about this community is wanting multiple versions when you see how cool others’ choices turn out.

Now, about that stereo…..
Vernin (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tarheeljim
After having the same rims for a couple years I was ready for a change. That’s an area where I wanted to see a difference, and the configuration price is so small that it becomes a cheap “upgrade” that I can always reverse by selling and buying something else. Meaning, changing to different Porsche (or HRE) rims would be significantly more expensive now. If I was buying for the first time I may have seen it differently. I’ll let the car wash deal with cleaning the rims. Suspect it would be easy to carve up your fingers.

On the body work, I like the GTS aesthetics but don’t need the extra bits it offers. I could have gotten a GTS allocation instead but love the T including the unique interior offerings. Decided to make all the exterior parts glossy to highlight the GT silver.

My favorite thing about these cars is that you can create the perfect build for you. Not the perfect build for anyone but yourself. After owning quite a few, I will say my only advice is to not delete options because of price (to a point of course). I know that’s easy to say, but regardless of my budget situation at the time, I’ve never regretted the ads I’ve made but have regretted the compromises that are crazy expensive to change later.

This is my perfect build. The great thing about this community is wanting multiple versions when you see how cool others’ choices turn out.

Now, about that stereo…..
I went with the Burmister, I am a violinist, and I am particularly sensitive to sound and speakers can tell when a speaker system is bad, and even if the Burmister is not the best I will certainly enjoy it more than the base speaker system. I know its about listening to the engine but I need music, so I will get the best of both worlds, great stereo when I want, great sounding engine at the same time or by itself.
N3DXT (06-26-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:53 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,006 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Uhu
The customer service quality of "after sales" is abysmal. And this related to dealerships owned directly by BMW! Also, the cars are getting heavier and heavier.
Actually, I wanted to switch over to Porsche and get a Boxster S, in 2011, but the very long bonnet and the normally aspirated inline 6 of the Z4 made me "stay" for another decade.

Any plans with the car after picking it up? PPF/ceramic, wheels, tires, parts, etc.?
So this is your first Porsche in a while?

Absolutely. Yes, full PPF and ceramic, switching from GY to 4S, GT3 skirts, custom made lightweight wheels, KW HAS, and a few other surprises. Leaving tune and exhaust until I've lived with it as is for a while.
The following 5 users liked this post by Wilder:
arrivederci (06-21-2023), dreamin11 (06-21-2023), ECNJ (06-21-2023), Uhu (06-21-2023), Vernin (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:23 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,279 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Uhu
Yes, can do. I have relatives, outside München.
We can try Dorsia, on a Friday maybe. Great sea urchin ceviche!
QUOTE=tourenwagen;18868626][/QUOTE]

Vernin (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

@Pivot take care - with those film star looks in that car you’ll have all the ladies after you!!
Which dealership is that - Guildford??
Cheers Bud, may I carry the guitars on your rock band tour?

Guildford is shifting tin!

Originally Posted by NewTo911’s
Good skills @Pivot hope it stays sunny today like it is here for you. Have a great day.
We must enjoy the sun while we can

Originally Posted by Uhu
for the Bell&Ross.
Well spotted, Squire!
Vernin (06-21-2023)
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by Humbucker427
Is it just me, or is anyone else eagerly awaiting a report from @tourenwagen and his new M-Engineering Tune? 🚘🚀
It is NOT just you!

The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
2020Spyder (06-22-2023), Vernin (06-21-2023)
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
I went with the Burmister, I am a violinist, and I am particularly sensitive to sound and speakers can tell when a speaker system is bad, and even if the Burmister is not the best I will certainly enjoy it more than the base speaker system. I know its about listening to the engine but I need music, so I will get the best of both worlds, great stereo when I want, great sounding engine at the same time or by itself.
My biggest regret - not getting the Burmester
The following 3 users liked this post by Barkat03:
NewTo911s (06-21-2023), stiff///M (06-21-2023), Vernin (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:32 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,279 Likes on 800 Posts

My T will not have the Side Decal, I am not a fan of the grey decal personally. I do not mind it on others. I think it looks cleaner without it. If it was black or the small lettering you can option like on the S I would have gotten it, no question. Also with Ruby Star Neo paint, I do not personally think grey goes well with it.
U may want to type this in special code here next time. May cause an uprise with this group. Personal choice, indeed. Did u get the 911 Carrera T emblem for the rear? And more importantly, hope u got MT?! If u say…no decal, no T emblem, pdk with classic wheels…may be hard to distinguish from a Base carrera? Hmmmm.

OK, time for my routine 2 hour lunch pickup drive…
Macboy (06-22-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:35 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Pivot;18868885]
Cheers Bud, may I carry the guitars on your rock band tour?

@Pivot I couldn't think of anyone better to give my Gibson Les Paul collection to.
I take 8 on tour - would they fit in the rear of your new T?
Old 06-21-2023, 12:42 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

I went with the Burmister, I am a violinist, and I am particularly sensitive to sound and speakers can tell when a speaker system is bad, and even if the Burmister is not the best I will certainly enjoy it more than the base speaker system.
I know its about listening to the engine but I need music, so I will get the best of both worlds, great stereo when I want, great sounding engine at the same time or by itself.
@Vernin is a violinist. I guessed it, sometimes it takes one cultured musician to recognise another.
The talent on this forum is staggering.
Aside from the already well known creative geniuses like @ECNJ do we have geniuses in any other areas of the creative arts? Don't be modest!
Macboy (06-22-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:52 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilder
M4 is a serios car. Too bad it's so heavy. I keep thinking that the 7.2GT3, the 981GT4 and the 992T will be evenly matched. A T on twisty mountain roads will keep up with a 991GT3 for sure.
Originally Posted by Uhu
The customer service quality of "after sales" is abysmal. And this related to dealerships owned directly by BMW! Also, the cars are getting heavier and heavier.
Actually, I wanted to switch over to Porsche and get a Boxster S, in 2011, but the very long bonnet and the normally aspirated inline 6 of the Z4 made me "stay" for another decade.
I've heard similar things about BMW customer service from family members in Germany. They also make fun of their reliability. It's a shame. Also note that an M4 weighs about the same (or more in some configurations!) than my Macan!

@ECNJ It’s just my opinion, but generally speaking people that say Porsha rather than Porsche are of a higher intelligence.
I’m now saying Porsha and people give me admiring glances.
Originally Posted by Uhu
I might be mistaken, but "Porscha" comes from UK/US. Ze Germans pronounce pretty clear the "e" at the end (watch the second video I posted about the Sound night, at 1:00).
The weirdest thing is that the only person close to me that says "Porsch" without the "e" or an "a" is my dad...and he grew up 40 minutes from Zuffenhausen not moving to the USA until he we almost 30.

@Vernin Hobbyist violinist or professional? If buying a new T I'd guess you'd have to be a soloist if professional. Favorite composer? If I end up getting my Euro Delivery slot I'm considering a stop in Mittenwald (historical violin making Bavarian town).
The following 3 users liked this post by HerrDr:
Uhu (06-21-2023), Vernin (06-21-2023), Wilder (06-21-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club