Old 02-18-2023, 06:29 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 906 Likes on 330 Posts

[QUOTE=stiff///M;18639279]
Originally Posted by Macboy
Here is a new 992 T review !
/QUOTE]
I see an exhaust button without the silver tips.
Important to note that it's a European spec and likely pre production car. Note how it doesn't have a backup camera, clear side reflectors, safety triangle in frunk.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 06:49 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by A Nonce
Bingo. I was also concerned that rear facing seats (in the front seat) are advised against by NHTSA, even if you turn off the airbag. Anyway, from first hand experience I find them far too useful! Like I said above I have to actually live with this car.

If you know for a fact that you don't need it *consistently* then theres no point in getting it! Unfortunately, I know for a fact that I do, so money well spent there.

Thank you! Yeah, let see how it ends up! I was a bit mixed that its for aesthetic reasons only as the normal roof is magnesium so theres little practical reason to get the CF roof.

I'm surprised that you didn't spot my possibly controversial interior choice. My wife thinks that its controversial anyway. I hate gloss black, and plan on wrapping or replacing the cup holder inlay. I might play around with the interior a bit as while I like blue, I do think the interior might end up feeling a bit too blue... I'll play it by ear when the car comes in. The good news is that the interior can be easily fixed by the aftermarket 🙏.
HAHA I noticed... but kept opinion to myself.. I also HATE gloss black, and I'm going to order the matte carbon fiber option ASAP. Wish this could be from factory but oh well
Cartod (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 08:40 PM
jonbek
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
HAHA I noticed... but kept opinion to myself.. I also HATE gloss black, and I'm going to order the matte carbon fiber option ASAP. Wish this could be from factory but oh well
going to do that from sun coast or other?
toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 09:55 PM
lone992
Instructor

Received 297 Likes on 95 Posts

Count me in also as a HATER of the super glossy piano black trim pieces. This might be a T-specific item worthy of another poll...😏

My first mod will be to replace the dash and the aft center console trim pieces with some black brushed aluminum trim that will match up nicely with the door sill plates. For some reason the piano black trim on the doors doesn't really bother me, I'll just have to see if they're going to look out of place enough where I'll end up swapping those out too.

toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:25 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonbek
going to do that from sun coast or other?
Will check with my dealership, but if they cant/dont order it, then likely suncoast
Old 02-18-2023, 11:28 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lone992
Count me in also as a HATER of the super glossy piano black trim pieces. This might be a T-specific item worthy of another poll...😏

My first mod will be to replace the dash and the aft center console trim pieces with some black brushed aluminum trim that will match up nicely with the door sill plates. For some reason the piano black trim on the doors doesn't really bother me, I'll just have to see if they're going to look out of place enough where I'll end up swapping those out too.
Agreed, I think the door doesnt bother me either because 1.) its super thin and not really that noticeable, 2.) it doesnt get dirty with finger prints the same way the center stack does... And whats so annoying is on my previous 992 they had that beautiful textured grey/silver trim similar to the toggle buttons and that ran under the PCM screen and everywhere else.. I always would rest my hand on it when scrolling through PCM, now its Piano black and will look horribly dirty every time I rest my hand there to play with the screen
Old 02-18-2023, 11:49 PM
max775
Cruisin'

Received 90 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's the final build I'm going with I think: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP5ARDW0
Freeze date is in 3 days!!
Does anyone have real world pics/vids of the Standard $0 Seats (w/ Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers)?
Hard to find anything other than standard marketing material
Cheers.
toph4242 (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 12:48 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
And they **** in their pants.

No button required.
Lol is this true? Never seen them talk about it on drive to survive
Old 02-19-2023, 12:49 AM
lmmo
Advanced

Received 216 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by max775
Here's the final build I'm going with I think: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP5ARDW0
Freeze date is in 3 days!!
Does anyone have real world pics/vids of the Standard $0 Seats (w/ Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers)?
Hard to find anything other than standard marketing material
Cheers.
minute 7:35

minute 10:48

The following 4 users liked this post by lmmo:
dreamin11 (02-19-2023), Macboy (02-19-2023), max775 (02-19-2023), tourenwagen (02-20-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 12:50 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 115 Posts

Will check with my dealership, but if they cant/dont order it, then likely suncoast
Can you share link?

What about wrapping in CF vinyl? I recall that was a pretty happening "mod" in the bimmer world. You know because all the budget limitations were exceeded while buying the car lol
Old 02-19-2023, 12:54 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
its very true... watch some interviews with drivers. They for sure admit to this, while not every race, certainly common enough
Old 02-19-2023, 01:11 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Can you share link?

What about wrapping in CF vinyl? I recall that was a pretty happening "mod" in the bimmer world. You know because all the budget limitations were exceeded while buying the car lol
I actually didnt realize what an obscene amount of $ suncoast was charging for the CF trim...
I think ill do this center console piece in black leather for sure https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU992CC7TM.html
And then I guess this upper trim piece I will do in CF https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...2dtcarbon.html
probably go for the matte finish... That leather lower trim piece for $299 is for sure worth it to me because that area gets heavy heavy use and is right near cup holder... would rather replace the gloss black there first
Old 02-19-2023, 01:47 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,737 Likes on 5,126 Posts

You do what you have to do to get on the podium
Old 02-19-2023, 02:20 AM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 819 Likes on 407 Posts

I'll be honest, I'm buying a T because I could not get a base or S allocation. I also specced it with PDK, rear seats and sunroof. I did not add RAS to the build. Did I steal someone else's T allocation? Probably. But when I secured mine with the dealer, I asked the sales manager to see if there's someone with manual S, who only bought an S because of manual option and would like to swap for T. Delaer said none. I also got a T allocation after talking to about 30 dealerships across US for either base (12 months wait) or S (12 to 24 month wait). When I specced the T and base, the build came to the same MSRP (almost).

I think Porshce makes it confusing by giving an option to choose between manual or PDK on T. If "T" is truly a performance car and wanted to keep it different from S or base, they should have:

1. Left it at manual and not give the pdk option - they left base at pdk only, why not do the same as T
2. Add RAS as a standard equipment if it was important to the "ethos of T". They did add Sport Exhaust and Sport Chrono as standard.
3. If sunroof is not the preferred way to go, it should not be an option either.
4.Don't give the option to spec rear seats at all.

If T was truly as Porsche puts it forward, the options and selections should have been very limited to keep the essence of the T model. M4/M3 CS is a great example. It was a performance variant and buyers could only spec a color or ceramics. Everything else was pretty much the same. But then again, at one point it did not sell well and BMW discounted these almost $15K to $20K.

Reality is, Porsche wants people to buy a 911 regardless of base, T or S. As someone said, the true market is really the new bloke who just got his bonus, or someone who is looking to get into 911 and have the means for it. A buyer walking into the delaership wants sunroof but have no clue what RAS is. Why spec an option which you have no idea how it impacts vs a sunroof that we all have had it on almost every car. With all that said, would any of these options really make a big difference to your day to day driving? I don't think so.

Rennlist is a great place for Porsche enthusiasts (similar to bimmerpost in M3/M4 world). However, the enthusiasts I feel are always a minority in the grand scheme of things.

On a side note: When speccing T, I completely left RAS out as I thought that's not something I want on my first 911. But this thread is gonna make me regret it.
No judgment here whatsoever. I think everyone should do what they feel is right for them. What I appreciate more than anything is someone spec'ing a car following their own needs versus what the herd is doing. What I will judge all day long though is a dealer spec. . I have no confidence in how they spec cars and why.

To your last point on RAS. My 991.2 T was my first Porsche and I got RAS. I spec'd it like it was the last 911 I would ever buy and I will spec my next 911 the same way (like it's the last).
Macboy (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 02:29 AM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by lone992

Same here - another hater - I think we all can agree "piano black" trim is so horrible it should be banned. Regardless of what anyone thinks about its looks (IMO it looks cheap), it's soft plastic so it attracts dust and - worst of all - it will get scratched if you look at it the wrong way.
Ikone (02-19-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club