Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 11:07 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 115 Posts

So are no changes allowed after the "freeze date"?
The following users liked this post:
S S (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:11 AM
vladie22
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by stiff///M
So do these pictures just pop up on the TYD or are people going through the backdoor to get their pictures?
that photo popped up on my TYD ( I have the "updated" version ) .
The following 3 users liked this post by vladie22:
dreamin11 (02-18-2023), stiff///M (02-18-2023), toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:12 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
So are no changes allowed after the "freeze date"?
Correct... this is the date that Porsche enters the build info into their scheduling system.. they give this as the "last day to make changes" so they can start to organize parts etc on the back end and ensure that the build process is aligned with what you have ordered... In certain cases the dealership can email a request to Porsche to add/remove something... I have heard of this working for about 8-10 days post freeze, but usually it moves your build back a couple days.. and very often they just refuse changes.
Old 02-18-2023, 11:13 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

So do these pictures just pop up on the TYD or are people going through the backdoor to get their pictures?
On the New version of TYD they have taken the photos that people used to find in the hack, and they are putting them center stage on this new platform... They also seem to be doing it in REAL TIME which is awesome... used to be a few days, but now it looks like as soon as the car is going through that stage they are able to upload to your personal TYD page within 24-48hrs
HerrDr (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:36 AM
hsiaochinsan
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I stared at it but couldn't tell. Actually after zooming in I think they are the Pirellis.
That's right. I zoomed in and saw P Zero
The following 2 users liked this post by hsiaochinsan:
stiff///M (02-18-2023), toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:47 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
That is a pretty strange statement. You need about 100m of driving and steering to notice RAS. Whether you like it or not is up to you. But everybody will notice the difference immediately.

If you read my next sentence you will see that I said that in jest.

Of course one will notice the feature. The question is will you exploit it? Perhaps on a track? I understand it is anctivated ant 50 mph, so there are not that many public roads to fully exploit it.

So once again, it is great point to geek-out on in the pub, just like we do online :-)
Old 02-18-2023, 11:51 AM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
The opposite actually...I was the one that went to the Porsche performance and masters driving school down at Barber Motorsport park and when I called the Porsche track school to find out how they build their cars for the track programs, I was told that all Carrera S and GTS models used on track are optioned with the RAS option... which is why I personally went forward with adding the option.
I stand by the fact that I could totally regret this down the road, but im going to run with it, and life is too short for regrets... Lucky to be able to order the car, and if someday I decide I made the wrong choice, its on to the next one
I believe they call that marketing.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:01 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 71 Posts

My T left the paint shop, here's another photo of Ice Grey for y'all. Looking forward to the rest of the production pics!

Last edited by merrion13; 02-18-2023 at 12:11 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by merrion13:
Barkat03 (02-18-2023), Edward911 (02-18-2023), HerrDr (02-18-2023), Macboy (02-18-2023), Patriot (02-27-2023), SpyderTarga (02-20-2023), stiff///M (02-18-2023), toph4242 (02-18-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-18-2023, 12:07 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
I believe they call that marketing.
Sure... but the difference between the Porsche experience center and these dedicated track schools are significant. The Porsche Experience center they are trying to sell cars, get people in the drivers seat and sell them on all the options that most probably don't need. The Masters, Masters RS classes etc are $5k-12K schools designed to teach enthusiasts how to be the best they possibly can be on track. OF COURSE they want to sell you their product, but I dont think they are sitting there thinking "Lets put RWS in all our track cars so people will buy the option"... they do it because its the best setup for that scenario according to them, and they can get the most out of the car and the driver with the setup that they use... In fact, this is a perfect example of certain cars on track were given the Ceramics and certain ones were given the steel brakes... they didnt go ceramic on everything... they also optioned some with manual, some with pdk...
When you go to these programs you sit down and have dinner with all the instructors (all current drivers for various Porsche racing programs)... and the drivers will be very honest about what they do and do not like.. Many were anti ceramic for the track, many were anti PDK (because they love the manual experience).. others were shockingly ANTI turbo S because it was just too much weight and power to enjoy on track... so I didn't ever feel like the people there were trying to sell me on anything other than Porsche itself. When I called to ask about the RWS, they also had to check and get back to me... they didnt know for sure the spec, and then called back and said, Yup... we make sure all the cars that can come with that option do get that box checked for this program.

OK Rant over... I say all of this to convince me and only me that I made the right choice haha... no pressure on anyone else to agree with me.
The following 3 users liked this post by toph4242:
Edward911 (02-18-2023), itrocks4u (02-19-2023), Spartakos (02-19-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 12:09 PM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by merrion13
My T left the paint shop, here's another photo of Ice Grey for y'all. Looking forward to the rest of the production pics!
How soon after your "production start date" are these pictures showing up? They seem to be live.
tourenwagen (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 12:28 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
I'll be honest, I'm buying a T because I could not get a base or S allocation. I also specced it with PDK, rear seats and sunroof. I did not add RAS to the build. Did I steal someone else's T allocation? Probably. But when I secured mine with the dealer, I asked the sales manager to see if there's someone with manual S, who only bought an S because of manual option and would like to swap for T. Dealer said none. I also got a T allocation after talking to about 30 dealerships across US for either base (12 months wait) or S (12 to 24 month wait). When I specced the T and base, the build came to the same MSRP (almost).

I think Porsche makes it confusing by giving an option to choose between manual or PDK on T. If "T" is truly a performance car and wanted to keep it different from S or base, they should have:

1. Left it at manual and not give the pdk option - they left base at pdk only, why not do the same as T
2. Add RAS as a standard equipment if it was important to the "ethos of T". They did add Sport Exhaust and Sport Chrono as standard.
3. If sunroof is not the preferred way to go, it should not be an option either.
4.Don't give the option to spec rear seats at all.

Hey! No judgement from my end! I'm not saying picking PDK + Sunroof + No RAS is somehow "wrong" in any particular case. The reality is that you're paying for the car and you're going to have to live with it. If a manual or any other details is a detriment to your enjoyment, then you need to act accordingly! Imo, this car is far too expensive to be swayed by external influence.

What I was saying is that, in aggregate, the majority of T's being specced PDK + Sunroof + No RAS is somehow weird! I mean think about it: Is the entire customer base for the T a PDK + Sunroof customer?! There would seem to be a huge disconnect between Porsche's marketing department and the reality on the ground then!

I can't deny that I was also venting because when I was in the market for a 991.2 T, PDK + Sunroof + no RAS was all that I could find! I was frustrated and confused!

But perhaps I was the only one?! As a result of my frustration (and FOMO), for my 992.1 T, I probably over-specced my build. I and clicked all of the "enthusiast" options I could choose and then some! (Manual, RAS, Carbon Roof, a Skittles color, etc): https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP7RMT21

I ended up choosing FAL + Surround Camera due to my local area (speed bumps, driveway, tight garage)

Like you, only time will tell if I end up regretting it (I probably will)! But whatever this forum says, YOU are going to have to live with paying for your car and with your spec!
toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 12:28 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 71 Posts

Paint showed up 2 days after production started for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by merrion13:
stiff///M (02-18-2023), toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 12:37 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by A Nonce
Hey! No judgement from my end! I'm not saying picking PDK + Sunroof + No RAS is somehow "wrong" in any particular case. The reality is that you're paying for the car and you're going to have to live with it. If a manual or any other details is a detriment to your enjoyment, then you need to act accordingly! Imo, this car is far too expensive to be swayed by external influence.

What I was saying is that, in aggregate, the majority of T's being specced PDK + Sunroof + No RAS is somehow weird! I mean think about it: Is the entire customer base for the T a PDK + Sunroof customer?! There would seem to be a huge disconnect between Porsche's marketing department and the reality on the ground then!

I can't deny that I was also venting because when I was in the market for a 991.2 T, PDK + Sunroof + no RAS was all that I could find! I was frustrated and confused!

But perhaps I was the only one?! As a result of my frustration (and FOMO), for my 992.1 T, I probably over-specced my build. I and clicked all of the "enthusiast" options I could choose and then some! (Manual, RAS, Carbon Roof, a Skittles color, etc): https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP7RMT21

I ended up choosing FAL + Surround Camera due to my local area (speed bumps, driveway, tight garage)

Like you, only time will tell if I end up regretting it (I probably will)! But whatever this forum says, YOU are going to have to live with paying for your car and with your spec!
Unrelated to any of the this discussion, did you create C++ or you just really enjoy using it?
The following 2 users liked this post by HerrDr:
A Nonce (02-18-2023), toph4242 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 12:38 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A Nonce

Cool build!!... Why rear seats though? Kids?
I also couldnt live without the Surround view after having it on my last one... Just takes the stress out of a lot of situations (still going no FAL on mine because I just don't think I need it)
Love to see another CF roof... another rarely checked box (I get why)... but should look fantastic with the blue
Old 02-18-2023, 12:51 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts
Talking

Cool build!!... Why rear seats though? Kids?...
Bingo. I was also concerned that rear facing seats (in the front seat) are advised against by NHTSA, even if you turn off the airbag. Anyway, from first hand experience I find them far too useful! Like I said above I have to actually live with this car.

... (still going no FAL on mine because I just don't think I need it)
If you know for a fact that you don't need it *consistently* then theres no point in getting it! Unfortunately, I know for a fact that I do, so money well spent there.

...Love to see another CF roof... another rarely checked box (I get why)... but should look fantastic with the blue
Thank you! Yeah, let see how it ends up! I was a bit mixed that its for aesthetic reasons only as the normal roof is magnesium so theres little practical reason to get the CF roof.

I'm surprised that you didn't spot my possibly controversial interior choice. My wife thinks that its controversial anyway. I hate gloss black, and plan on wrapping or replacing the cup holder inlay. I might play around with the interior a bit as while I like blue, I do think the interior might end up feeling a bit too blue... I'll play it by ear when the car comes in. The good news is that the interior can be easily fixed by the aftermarket 🙏.
Attached Images  

Last edited by A Nonce; 02-18-2023 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling
The following 2 users liked this post by A Nonce:
IPA1 (02-18-2023), toph4242 (02-18-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club