Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 423 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Locking soon, thoughts on the build below?
Am I missing something important? I fear I won't have sports exhaust or chrono package but both are standard.
Should I keep PDLS+?

1 992150 911 Carrera T 116,600.00
2 1A Gentian Blue Metallic 840.00
3 WA Standard Interior with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers 0.00
4 0I2 Extended Range Fuel Tank (23.7 gal.) 230.00
5 1PD Locking Wheel Bolts 60.00
6 2PJ Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather 280.00
7 2V4 Ionizer 350.00
8 3FE Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass 2,000.00
9 3S4 Preparation for Roof Transport System 60.00
10 46J 20"/21"RS Spyder Design Wheels in Titanium Grey 2,540.00
11 6F0 Deletion of "911 Carrera T" Side Decal 0.00
12 6XV Power Folding Exterior Mirrors 370.00
13 8IS Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) 1,270.00
14 8VH Exclusive Design Taillights 990.00
15 FZ4 Seat Belts in Racing Yellow 540.00
16 G1F 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 0.00
17 QJ4 Window Trim in High Gloss Black 510.00
18 QK3 Preparation for Porsche Dashcam (Front and Rear) 130.00
19 QQ2 Ambient Lighting 580.00
20 S38 Rear Seats 0.00
21 Z1S Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance 0.00
Two things I use alot on my S I would not order a car without is sorround view camera, but specifically for the forward camera. I use it all the time at parking lots to not hit the curb and lane change assist to check out for blind spots.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porsche992:
aggie57 (02-13-2023), toph4242 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 01:31 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Thank you! Yes I have kids so rear seats are a must.

You referenced RWS, what is that?
What would you spec differently (outside of color). Would love to know.
Yea, as others pointed out RWS/RAS is the performance feature that gives you rear wheel/rear axle steering... Heavily debated on the T thread, so I won't get into it... I just went with it as something I hope makes track driving/twisty road driving better + its a unique option on the T vs. not available on Carrera.
As far as my opinion... I think the T is a really special offering from Porsche, so there were a few things that many on this thread have debated over the last few months... Ill list a couple below that speak to how I optioned mine:
-The T is the lightest 911 that Porsche offers in its lineup: For me, I don't have kids yet so that meant keep the rear seat delete because it is unique to the T, keeps weight down, less sound deadening.. MORE engine sound! (You have kids so perfectly understandable why you need rear seats)
-The Manual: This is THE REASON I traded my previous 992 (with PDK) in for a T... I missed the engagement, the rowing of the gears, and stopped caring about perfect lap times and wanted to be a better manual track driver... plus enjoy more on the road.... I think this car is one of the last great manual 911s Porsche will be able to make, so I wanted to get my hands on it and enjoy it + hope that it keeps its value.
-Carbon Fiber Roof: My previous 992 had the full glass roof... I NEVER used it. It was nice for letting light in, but I hate the way it looks when it is open and pops out over the roof (just personally not for me)... The Carbon fiber roof helps to reduce weight on this car even further, and I think its color will match all the other T agate Grey pieces beautifully. PLUS, since the buckets were taken away as an option, its another unique cool factor thing that you can talk about with friends in place of the full bucket seats
-PDLS+, I already mentioned... just not worth the money, the LED lights that come on the car are awesome as is.
-I will add a +1 to surround view instead of PDLS+ ... I used the front and top down view camera all the time for parking and loved it, optioned it again
-Race-Tex: Also super personal choice... I like the feel of race-tex and decided to option on the wheel, shift ****, arm rest (Just think it again gives a unique race car feel inside, and I dont mind the extra effort needed to maintain the alcantara)
All personal choices and just how I feel the T should be optioned... But you do you! Again, I loved gentian and never got tired of it... just be sure to either do PPF or ceramic or something to the paint, as it does tend to get swirl marks fairly easily if you dont do proper wash techniques.

PS: Also I prefer to reduce the busy lettering on the rear to "911" but think the side decals are a wonderful homage to older 911s.. the text is a great throwback to the 2.7RS and other 70's Porsche cars, so I am keeping the side decal and changing rear badge to 911

Last edited by toph4242; 02-13-2023 at 01:37 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by toph4242:
itrocks4u (02-13-2023), Macboy (02-13-2023), shane_b (02-13-2023), T-Fury (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 02:13 AM
bobert75
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 254 Posts

Am I missing something important? I fear I won't have sports exhaust or chrono package but both are standard.
Should I keep PDLS+?

7 2V4 Ionizer 350.00
20 S38 Rear Seats 0.00
There are a number of things I would consider scrapping before the PDLS+ such as locking wheel bolts, ionizer, window trim in high gloss black, and ambient lighting. That said, I agree w/others that PDLS+ is not necessary; however I optioned it on my T because I spent $1550 on the "Executive Pkg" on my 2018 M2 mainly to get the "fancier" looking - and swiveling - headlights, and even my old 2011 GTI has swiveling headlights. So it seemed wrong for me to cheap out on a measly $1270 on my 911 T that costs significantly more than the other two cars combined (more than all three of my other cars combined, but there are no fancy headlights on a 1999 Miata! ). I do notice the headlights turning at night sometimes when it's really dark out & I'm zipping around tight turns but, again, I feel you could skip this option it just seems a little odd to ditch this if you're keeping things like ionizer and ambient lighting.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:35 AM
bobert75
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Ill list a couple below that speak to how I optioned mine:
-The T is the lightest 911 that Porsche offers in its lineup: For me, I don't have kids yet so that meant keep the rear seat delete because it is unique to the T, keeps weight down, less sound deadening.. MORE engine sound! (You have kids so perfectly understandable why you need rear seats)
-The Manual: This is THE REASON I traded my previous 992 (with PDK) in for a T... I missed the engagement, the rowing of the gears, and stopped caring about perfect lap times and wanted to be a better manual track driver... plus enjoy more on the road.... I think this car is one of the last great manual 911s Porsche will be able to make, so I wanted to get my hands on it and enjoy it + hope that it keeps its value.
-Carbon Fiber Roof: My previous 992 had the full glass roof... I NEVER used it. It was nice for letting light in, but I hate the way it looks when it is open and pops out over the roof (just personally not for me)... The Carbon fiber roof helps to reduce weight on this car even further, and I think its color will match all the other T agate Grey pieces beautifully. PLUS, since the buckets were taken away as an option, its another unique cool factor thing that you can talk about with friends in place of the full bucket seats
I'm not convinced the rear seat delete reduces sound deadening any further and/or lets in more engine sound - it certainly sounds plausible but I have yet to hear anyone verify this is actually true. My kids are grown (22 & 20) but I optioned rear seats anyway (reasons given in the "rear seats: yes or no" poll/thread). I agree 100% on the manual. I think the carbon fiber roof only saves like 2 or 4 lbs (it's a struggle to find an actual/verified number) which makes it an extremely poor value at a whopping $3890. It's 100% a style statement - and there's nothing wrong w/that (it's no worse a value than PTS, which is an $11,430 style statement I wanted to make!).
Old 02-13-2023, 03:43 AM
bzcat
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Should I keep PDLS+?

7 2V4 Ionizer 350.00
20 S38 Rear Seats 0.00

The major difference PDLS+ vs. standard PDLS are auto high beam and swivel. Otherwise they are the same light. I have swivel lights on some of my cars and it always seems like a bit of a party trick and I only got them to get upgraded lighting not because they swivel. If there was a way to get LED (or back in the old days Xenon) light without swivel I would have opted for that. Here, Porsche is actually doing us a favor in my opinion by giving us the same LED lights and charging extra for swivel... so I'm going to skip it. Auto high beam works pretty well but if you do most of your night driving on well lit street (basically any city or suburban roads), it doesn't do much. It really shines (pun intended) if you do a lot night driving on unlit road and even then it's not hard to manually toggle the high beam. So if you want to save a little bit of money, this is where I would shave.

RS Spyder wheels is the heaviest option so make sure you really like the look. I have it on my Panamera Turbo and it looks fantastic but I'm skipping it on the T to save some unsprung weight.

I'd skip ionizer since you are getting sunroof. Do you want air that smells fresh or fresh air?

Last edited by bzcat; 02-13-2023 at 03:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bzcat:
Honza (02-13-2023), toph4242 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 04:44 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche992
Two things I use alot on my S I would not order a car without is sorround view camera, but specifically for the forward camera. I use it all the time at parking lots to not hit the curb and lane change assist to check out for blind spots.
Thanks. Let me look into surround view. Might be a good idea.

Yea, as others pointed out RWS/RAS is the performance feature that gives you rear wheel/rear axle steering... Heavily debated on the T thread, so I won't get into it... I just went with it as something I hope makes track driving/twisty road driving better + its a unique option on the T vs. not available on Carrera.
As far as my opinion... I think the T is a really special offering from Porsche, so there were a few things that many on this thread have debated over the last few months... Ill list a couple below that speak to how I optioned mine:
-PDLS+, I already mentioned... just not worth the money, the LED lights that come on the car are awesome as is.
-I will add a +1 to surround view instead of PDLS+ ... I used the front and top down view camera all the time for parking and loved it, optioned it again
-Race-Tex: Also super personal choice... I like the feel of race-tex and decided to option on the wheel, shift ****, arm rest (Just think it again gives a unique race car feel inside, and I dont mind the extra effort needed to maintain the alcantara)
All personal choices and just how I feel the T should be optioned... But you do you! Again, I loved gentian and never got tired of it... just be sure to either do PPF or ceramic or something to the paint, as it does tend to get swirl marks fairly easily if you dont do proper wash techniques.

PS: Also I prefer to reduce the busy lettering on the rear to "911" but think the side decals are a wonderful homage to older 911s.. the text is a great throwback to the 2.7RS and other 70's Porsche cars, so I am keeping the side decal and changing rear badge to 911
Always helpful, thank you.

Originally Posted by bobert75
There are a number of things I would consider scrapping before the PDLS+ such as locking wheel bolts, ionizer, window trim in high gloss black, and ambient lighting. That said, I agree w/others that PDLS+ is not necessary; however I optioned it on my T because I spent $1550 on the "Executive Pkg" on my 2018 M2 mainly to get the "fancier" looking - and swiveling - headlights, and even my old 2011 GTI has swiveling headlights. So it seemed wrong for me to cheap out on a measly $1270 on my 911 T that costs significantly more than the other two cars combined (more than all three of my other cars combined, but there are no fancy headlights on a 1999 Miata! ). I do notice the headlights turning at night sometimes when it's really dark out & I'm zipping around tight turns but, again, I feel you could skip this option it just seems a little odd to ditch this if you're keeping things like ionizer and ambient lighting.
Locking wheels at $60 didnt seem like a bad idea. I live in suburbs so feel like someone will steal my wheels lol. Porsche are not common here.

Originally Posted by bzcat
The major difference PDLS+ vs. standard PDLS are auto high beam and swivel. Otherwise they are the same light. I have swivel lights on some of my cars and it always seems like a bit of a party trick and I only got them to get upgraded lighting not because they swivel. If there was a way to get LED (or back in the old days Xenon) light without swivel I would have opted for that. Here, Porsche is actually doing us a favor in my opinion by giving us the same LED lights and charging extra for swivel... so I'm going to skip it. Auto high beam works pretty well but if you do most of your night driving on well lit street (basically any city or suburban roads), it doesn't do much. It really shines (pun intended) if you do a lot night driving on unlit road and even then it's not hard to manually toggle the high beam. So if you want to save a little bit of money, this is where I would shave.

RS Spyder wheels is the heaviest option so make sure you really like the look. I have it on my Panamera Turbo and it looks fantastic but I'm skipping it on the T to save some unsprung weight.

I'd skip ionizer since you are getting sunroof. Do you want air that smells fresh or fresh air?
What do you mean upgraded lighthing? Isnt pdls and pdls+ the same except for the swivel and cornering?
I love Spyder wheels so that's a must have option.
I believe one of Nick Murray's video on options said the 911 is not well lit. Ambient lighting is not my preference but looking at ot as a practical option given my 7 and 4 year old. Unless my understanding is wrong.

My wife is a big fan of 911s. Had posters in her room when she was young. Spyder wheels, sunroof and ionizer are her requests. Sunroof might be a good change after CF roofs on M3/M4 for 6 years.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 06:50 AM
Verno
6th Gear

Received 53 Likes on 6 Posts

I followed the hack instructions linked earlier in the thread to find the photos.
tourenwagen (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 06:52 AM
Verno
6th Gear

Received 53 Likes on 6 Posts

Not till May... apparently 10 weeks between build completion and delivery!
toph4242 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 09:40 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Let me look into surround view. Might be a good idea.

Always helpful, thank you.

Locking wheels at $60 didnt seem like a bad idea. I live in suburbs so feel like someone will steal my wheels lol. Porsche are not common here.

What do you mean upgraded lighthing? Isnt pdls and pdls+ the same except for the swivel and cornering?
I love Spyder wheels so that's a must have option.
I believe one of Nick Murray's video on options said the 911 is not well lit. Ambient lighting is not my preference but looking at ot as a practical option given my 7 and 4 year old. Unless my understanding is wrong.

My wife is a big fan of 911s. Had posters in her room when she was young. Spyder wheels, sunroof and ionizer are her requests. Sunroof might be a good change after CF roofs on M3/M4 for 6 years.
I think he was saying on other car models where he bought swivel upgrade it was to get access to the better lights, but in the 911 case, its the same LED lighting either way so its not necessary to ugrade. Previous gen 911, you needed to upgrade to get the better lights but 992 comes standard with the best (outside of the matrix light option).
-Ambient lighting I actually think only really allows you to change the colors... my previous 992 did not have this option, but had lighting in all the footwells and doors etc... I think its purely a color changing option (maybe a few extra lights)
Old 02-13-2023, 09:50 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobert75
I'm not convinced the rear seat delete reduces sound deadening any further and/or lets in more engine sound - it certainly sounds plausible but I have yet to hear anyone verify this is actually true. My kids are grown (22 & 20) but I optioned rear seats anyway (reasons given in the "rear seats: yes or no" poll/thread). I agree 100% on the manual. I think the carbon fiber roof only saves like 2 or 4 lbs (it's a struggle to find an actual/verified number) which makes it an extremely poor value at a whopping $3890. It's 100% a style statement - and there's nothing wrong w/that (it's no worse a value than PTS, which is an $11,430 style statement I wanted to make!).
I think Porsche made a pretty big effort to try and point out the reduced insulation as a way to make this car "louder" inside... here is the press release that points out reduced insulation: And watch this video of the Porsche Engineer talk about the insulation reduction as a way to enhance the acoustics in the car (58 second mark)... its in German but there are subtitles. all part of the official press release though... cool video if you guys havent watched yet

Last edited by toph4242; 02-13-2023 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:33 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

I TOTALLY agree with you. Its literally the only exterior piece that I dont love either, but as you mentioned, I'm more fussy about having the proper button than to worry about the little bit of chromo vs. the blacked out pipes... Many will disagree since you can program it, but thats just my 2 cents.
I did see a 911 GTS in the showroom yesterday with the exclusive design tailpipes, and the truth is that the inner black layer is more pronounced than I expected, and the chrome wasn't that noticeable in person, so I felt a lot better about them after seeing that.
Catching up on this thread. What's this about "proper button" with chrome vs blacked out pipes?
Old 02-13-2023, 10:42 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Sport exhaust button on dash only appears IF you order the Exclusive Design tail pipes in silver ($430 USD)
Old 02-13-2023, 10:44 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Catching up on this thread. What's this about "proper button" with chrome vs blacked out pipes?
Heavily debated... I spent a lot of time in the configurator playing with options and talking to Porsche about certain options: REALLY LONG STORY semi-SHORTENED:
-Configurator shows the sport exhaust as standard, which it is (If you zoom in on the interior toggle switches in the center of the dash below the PCM, the two toggle switches on the left side show as triangles... These are the "custom" buttons that you can program to be whatever you want...
-On every other 911 with sport exhaust, the second button from the left has the image of exhaust tips on it and allows you to turn sport exhaust on and off in any drive mode (Normal, sport, sport +) by just pushing that button
-In the T, that exhaust button does not show on the config...
-If you option the $430 Exclusive tailpipes, the configurator now shows the second button as the exhaust tip image...

You can still program the custom buttons to be exhaust, but they wont have the image on the button. THIS was something that a Porsche NA rep confirmed to be true... Many press cars and others feel that this is a configurator issue and not actually the case.
TIME WILL TELL who was right. WE dont have an answer, but many of us are opting for the exclusive tailpipes to ensure we get the button with the exhaust tip image on it.
Either way, car has the sport exhaust... unclear if you get the designated button without selecting the $430 optional exclusive pipes

Last edited by toph4242; 02-13-2023 at 10:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
Edward911 (02-13-2023), Spartakos (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 10:53 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Heavily debated... I spent a lot of time in the configurator playing with options and talking to Porsche about certain options: REALLY LONG STORY semi-SHORTENED:
-Configurator shows the sport exhaust as standard, which it is (If you zoom in on the interior toggle switches in the center of the dash below the PCM, the two toggle switches on the left side show as triangles... These are the "custom" buttons that you can program to be whatever you want...
-On every other 911 with sport exhaust, the second button from the left has the image of exhaust tips on it and allows you to turn sport exhaust on and off in any drive mode (Normal, sport, sport +) by just pushing that button
-In the T, that exhaust button does not show on the config...
-If you option the $430 Exclusive tailpipes, the configurator now shows the second button as the exhaust tip image...

You can still program the custom buttons to be exhaust, but they wont have the image on the button. THIS was something that a Porsche NA rep confirmed to be true... Many press cars and others feel that this is a configurator issue and not actually the case.
TIME WILL TELL who was right. WE dont have an answer, but many of us are opting for the exclusive tailpipes to ensure we get the button with the exhaust tip image on it.
Either way, car has the sport exhaust... unclear if you get the designated button without selecting the $430 optional exclusive pipes
Thank you, outside of the exhaust image, can that button STILL be programmed to turn exhaust on and off?
Old 02-13-2023, 11:00 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,459 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrDr
+1 for Michelin. I had Pilot Super Sports (precursor to the PS4S) on my 987.1 and 996.1 C4. Such an awesome tire. Night and day magic from the previous tires (can't recall what they were anymore and don't care!). Will 100% be getting the latest Pilot Sports on offer as quickly as I can wear down whatever comes on the T.

Will also be rocking a set of 19" wheels + winter tires for the T. Heck. I'd do 18" for winter if I can make it work!
Have my set ready and waiting

The following 2 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
HerrDr (02-13-2023), toph4242 (02-13-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club