Sponsored by:

992 interior colors opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 02:25 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Diane Garcia
LOL! I traded in my black 2008 997 Turbo cab because I was sick to death of cleaning it constantly. Swore I will never own another black car after that one. Never felt one twinge of sadness getting rid of it. It was a complete relief to me. Now black does not look the least bit good to me. Sorry don't mean to offend but I know I am not alone in my feelings for black. Truly color is so personal. I have always wanted a red 911. I like some other colors like white and silver but we already have 2 white cars and 1 seal gray. Also strongly considered gentian blue but hubby says he doesn't like it. Prefer the old blue,, was it graphite?
I also like adventurine but hubby says not a sports car color. I have found from reading on this forum that its best not to ask opinions about exterior color because it is very personal indeed.
So true. I was not sad about selling the black 991.2, either. I love the chalk 992S that I ordered (will post photos when I get it-- going directly to PPF/Ceramic etc.)

If I had to go with a second color it would have been agate and my third would have been GT silver, and then AG, and then probably metallic white. I agree with your husband, I hate gentian blue-- looks like a color that would be on a honda or toyota.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:37 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,195 Likes on 1,244 Posts

LOL! I traded in my black 2008 997 Turbo cab because I was sick to death of cleaning it constantly. Swore I will never own another black car after that one. Never felt one twinge of sadness getting rid of it. It was a complete relief to me. Now black does not look the least bit good to me. Sorry don't mean to offend but I know I am not alone in my feelings for black. Truly color is so personal. I have always wanted a red 911. I like some other colors like white and silver but we already have 2 white cars and 1 seal gray. Also strongly considered gentian blue but hubby says he doesn't like it. Prefer the old blue,, was it graphite?
I also like adventurine but hubby says not a sports car color. I have found from reading on this forum that its best not to ask opinions about exterior color because it is very personal indeed.

Just curious (no offense to hub)...but what exactly is a “sports car color”?? Most Porsche’s I see when I go to track day, at a number of tracks, look something like this....that said, none of these cars are street legal.

I do agree with ur comments about black exterior....you either have to like keeping it clean, or have people to do that for you, or avoid driving on bad weather days. But historically, black is as old as cars, themselves....and a LOT of people like black.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-03-2021 at 02:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
couturegirl (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:46 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by gohawks23
So Cody you have a real allocation finally with V200?

Yes. May delivery....baring any COVID shutdowns. I had a sit down with my rep and the GM at my dealership and said I’ve been waiting since June...what gives?? They didn’t come right out and admit it, but got strong vibes from things they said that the 7% discount I negotiated back in June, played into the delay, ie, anybody coming in willing to pay full price, or minimal discounts, got bumped to the top of the list. That’s what I suspected happened. But I think they finally got my message that they better put up, or I was walking....
gohawks23 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:50 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Hubby's opinion...White, Red, Silver, Black, Yellow...sport car colors in his opinion. Guards Red classic for years! Hubby very opinionated. Lol. Hubby owns a 1959 Black Corvette. So not opposed to black. But very opposed to cleaning it.
For me, I wanted an exterior color that looks good even if its dusty. Red works for me, though white, agate gray and silver are probably the easiest colors to keep clean. Anything but black or night blue. I even had my black turbo ceramic coated for 2k. Still a PITA.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:55 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

This information is a few years old, but have no reason to doubt that the top Porsche colors fluctuate from black/white/silver. I run with some life-long Porsche-phyles, and unanimously, all tell me that GT silver is THE classic color for 911’s. Oh, and all mentioned staying away from red (even if I wasn’t worried about looking like I had a mid-life crisis), because RED is a police magnet. Even my neighbor, with his RED corvette, will attest to that. Just their opinion. Here are the most popular colors mentioned in a 2017 Rennlist posts.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1000...11-colors.html

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-03-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Stevelev (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:58 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Hubby's opinion...White, Red, Silver, Black, Yellow...sport car colors in his opinion. Guards Red classic for years! Hubby very opinionated. Lol. Hubby owns a 1959 Black Corvette. So not opposed to black. But very opposed to cleaning it.
For me, I wanted an exterior color that looks good even if its dusty. Red works for me, though white, agate gray and silver are probably the easiest colors to keep clean. Anything but black or night blue. I even had my black turbo ceramic coated for 2k. Still a PITA.
I really think you should re-think guards red. I have had one red car in my life, a ferrari, and I think that is the only brand that looks good in red. Additionally, it did not hide dirt or dust well.
Diane Garcia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 03:14 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

NOTHING is as bad as black to keep clean. Swirls, dust, spots, chips, etc. You have to clean and polish before and after you drive it. My Dream car 911 is a GR. I've visited and revisited color choices ad nauseum on the build site. Considered yellow but its just too out there, though I think its beautiful in a 911. Mind made up. Color is so personal, not fair to dispute. I'll stick with ARREST ME RED! LOL

Last edited by Diane Garcia; 01-03-2021 at 03:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diane Garcia:
gohawks23 (01-03-2021), Russian Mafia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 03:17 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

So Cody you have a real allocation finally with V200?
If I hadn’t gotten my allocation before Christmas, I was looking at something like this:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-ii-simulator/

....I still might!
Old 01-03-2021, 03:19 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

I'll stick with ARREST ME RED! LOL

Atta girl!! That’s the spirit! The way I look at it is....the more RED/YELLOW or bright colored/heavily tinted cars the police are busy with, the better my chances are I won’t get stopped for not having a front license plate!

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-03-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:12 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Saw this online...GR and standard two tone mojave/black...to me it really shows the plasticy nature of standard but to each their own...either way it will give you good idea of what you want!
https://www.porscheriverside.com/inv...cb2a94ms248214
I think the color combo looks good tho!

Last edited by gohawks23; 01-03-2021 at 05:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gohawks23:
couturegirl (01-03-2021), Diane Garcia (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 05:23 PM
Diane Garcia
Intermediate

Thanks to you I've decided to spring for the full leather. Leaning toward black with red dials and belts. If I go black/mohave beige, it will definitely be full leather without red dials and belts. Hubby wants black and that's probably what I'm going to do. Also saw the GT steering wheel so specting that too. Thank you for all the information.
gohawks23 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 05:24 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Thanks to you I've decided to spring for the full leather. Leaning toward black with red dials and belts. If I go black/mohave beige, it will definitely be full leather without red dials and belts. Hubby wants black and that's probably what I'm going to do. Also saw the GT steering wheel so specting that too. Thank you for all the information.
I think both will look good...but I am REALLY partial to Magnum's Ferrari look!
couturegirl (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 07:05 PM
couturegirl
Instructor

Saw this online...GR and standard two tone mojave/black...to me it really shows the plasticy nature of standard but to each their own...either way it will give you good idea of what you want!
https://www.porscheriverside.com/inv...cb2a94ms248214
I think the color combo looks good tho!
That would look so much better in full leather, but the interior looks good with the red.

Last edited by couturegirl; 01-03-2021 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:11 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by couturegirl
That would look so much better in full leather, but the interior looks good with the red.
Agree. The leather option is a significant upgrade.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:06 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 943 Posts

I am struggling with my build. C2S Manual. Have a '08 C4S Manual now in Midnight Blue w/ Grey interior.

Originally I was thinking Midnight Blue again but have settled on the Gentian for the way it chameleons from bright to darker depending on lighting. My issue however is the interior. I want a black dash and love the chalk stitching but want light seats. So the Chalk/Slate is out because I don't care for the Slate/Grey wheel and dash.

From what I have seen the Iceland Green/Black is so subtle. Any owners of that interior or anyone who has seen it live can chime in, would it work with the Gentian Blue or would it just look wrong. I've heard the green is almost white??

My other options would be either:

1. all Black (full leather),
2. Black with Mojave but not a Beige fan and that doesn't have that crisp winter feel to the interior, OR
3. Black with Chalk Stitching and Deviated Centers in Chalk.

Also planning the Tach and Chrono dials in White. Standard black seatbelts.

I don't think I want to change my Exterior color to Aventurine (as it is too much like Agate) or Chalk, because I love the Blue colors.

Any input would be great.

Quick Reply: 992 interior colors opinion